Getting a error, please help...

BjorJlen

Hi there. 🙂   Last night I tried to log into the game after the update, which I did download, and was unable to. I keep getting this error...

File: bin/clientmessages-en.bin

Unable to locate bin/clientmessages-en.bin

I am using SweetTea, and before the update I was able to log into the game fine, but now... issues doing so. Using the normal Homecomming launcher though, I can indeed log into the game, but I would still like to use SweetTea for it as that's where I have everything else installed to. So please, any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I did search for a solution to this issue here (and via google), but sadly to no avail. 😞 

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

Sweet Tea is for Rebirth. This is Homecoming. If you want to play on Homecoming DL the Launcher.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/installation-guide/

Im not sure if you can add the Rebirth server to the Homecoming Launcher but do some digging on the forums and I’m sure you can find out.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Thank you for your reply, but... no.

Sweet Tea is not "just" for Rebirth, nor would it be for any specific server actually. Sweet Tea, as well as Tequila & CreamSoda, were created so as to have alternate launchers for CoH servers in general, such as New Dawn (Cake), Thenderspy, Unity, or even the newest one, Purrgatory. Where as the Homecoming launcher is different; it was created specifically for the Homecoming server, and as such, can not be able to be used to launch any other servers other than this one (as far as I know). In fact, Sweet Tea is considered one of the "safest" one's to use, security wise, which is why I use it, as Tequila (for example) and others are "vulnerable" due to manifest issues.

GM Widower & Number Six actually brought this fact up to in 2019 (see the interesting Homecoming link below that talks about it). Also, please keep in mind that not everyone likes using the Homecoming launcher, for one reason or another, which is fine, because there are other options available to CoH players (as there should be imo). In either case, I am still having the issue, so again, if anyone knows why this is happening & more importantly, how to fix it, please share (looking at you also GM's). Thank you... 🙂

CoH Launcher discussion: 

Edited by BjorJlen
Dang spelling errors... :(

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Oh and just as a test, I tried logging in (using Sweet Tea of course) via Homecoming (32) bit, instead of the (64) bit, and wouldn't you know it... it worked. Which was strange, as I have never had any issues logging into the (64) bit version before. So please help, as this is really confusing to me. Thank you.

Yes, the only info I found when doing a search for CoH and Sweet Tea was for Rebirth which is what drew my conclusion. 

Homecoming has announced that they are  doing away with the other launchers at some point in the future. So, like it or hate it, just pull that band aid off now and switch to the Homecoming launcher.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Great; yet another thing the new Homecoming team is changing (presumably). How times have changed lol. Anyways, thank you for your replies @Arc-Mage. While it hasn't solved my issue at all, at least you took the time to reply ande do so looking into the matter. Looks like I'll have to make a "official" request to the Dev's here for some help on the matter, seeing as not one of them has said anything about it as of yet; especially seeing as this issue has come up before from what my own research has shown (with little in the way of a fix for the public I might add, other than to move my CoH folder around). Thanks again... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

@BjorJlen Thank you for the kind words.  You may want to try what @Bionic_Flea suggest. For a flea he always has sound advice.

Although, I’d suggest trying the Homecoming launcher anyway. It has some nice features and allows you to connect other versions of the game to that launcher.

Edited by Arc-Mage
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Hi Bionic... 🙂

Yes, Sweet Tea has a very good update & verify function, which I use quite often in fact. And yeah, I have done both with Homecoming on both the (64) bit & the (32) bit gaming options (using the correct manifest of course), and so far only the (32) bit version seems to work, where-as I have been using the (64) bit version all the time, until recently. I only started having issues with the (64) bit version with the new update, which is why I know it's not a Sweet Tea issue per say (especially seeing as the (32) bit version still works). It's all very confusing to me I must say, and a bit annoying to not knowing what's wrong, and why the new update "broke" things. But thank you for the suggestion Bionic; it's always good to get new help and info on a problem (the more the better in fact). 🙂 Oh, and no problem Arc... Nothing but respect here for you, and in fact everyone in the CoH community (which is why it's the best around imho). Cudo's... :0

• Like 1

• City Council

That error usually is caused by a "data" folder somehow getting created in the bin/win64/live folder*, confusing the client about where to find the data files.

In the past we've seen that happen when old versions of third party mod installers put their files in the wrong place.

* That's the path used by the HC launcher. I don't remember where the exes go in the legacy manifest. hc-bin64 maybe?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, new update...
   Looking into what you said @Number Six (and thank you very much for posting btw 🙂), I did happen to see that a data folder had been somehow created in the hc-bin64 folder, and so deleting it, I then tested Sweet Tea to see if the (64) bit version of the game would launch; and low and behold, it did!😁 So now everything is running up to specs again as normal, and I couldn't be more satisfied or happy. So thank you very, very, very much for your thoughts @Number Six, as it was the key to getting my issues solved. And also a big shout out to @Arc-Mage, @Bionic_Flea, and @lemming for your replies and assistance too. It just goes to show why you all, and the community in general, is so great. So thank you once more, and now... onto gaming! lol

P.S: You can now close the thread if you wish Mods... Thank you...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why would the thread be closed?  Someone else using Sweet Tea could see this and comment if they have a different experience?  It's fine.

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.