Abbreviations in posted builds

Unmada

Hello everyone! I’m very new to building out characters and have a question. I’m trying to find builds that I like and I keep encountering posted builds with abbreviations like “Thn” “RctRtc” and “SprBlsWrt”. I don’t know what these mean, and searching in the AH doesn’t always help. Is there a key somewhere for all these abbreviations?

Mostly, the abbreviations drop the vowels from the enhancement set name (mostly but not consistently). Here is list of the available enhancement sets by power category.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

2 hours ago, Unmada said:

abbreviations like “Thn” “RctRtc” and “SprBlsWrt”. 

@Nyghtmaire gave you the best resource, but from memory the ones you posted are:

Thn = Thinner, or the Stephen King curse enhancement

RctRtc = Reticulated Rectum, or the gravity control for intestinal manipulation enhancement

SprBlsWrt = Superior Blistering Warts, or the poison control enhancement for skin damage

• Haha 3

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

If you can find builds with data chunk or download links in them, load them up in Mid's and you can see  the full names.  You'll become familiar with them eventually.

Another thing you can do though is browse City of Data for the power you're looking at.  At the top right of the page is the list of icons representing what enhancements are accepted in that power.

image.thumb.png.c082e9cc18c4384342a49ecb88aedaa1.png

You can click on any of the set icons and see the available sets listed, e.g.

image.png.f3b008f51c3b7faf1fca0c689ef6c262.png

This might help you match up the abbreviations of the sets you're looking at in a given power if it didn't include a link to the build or a data chunk for import into Mid's.

7 hours ago, Unmada said:

Hello everyone! I’m very new to building out characters and have a question. I’m trying to find builds that I like and I keep encountering posted builds with abbreviations like “Thn” “RctRtc” and “SprBlsWrt”. I don’t know what these mean, and searching in the AH doesn’t always help. Is there a key somewhere for all these abbreviations?

No one actually writes like that. What you have found are people posting their builds via the program Mids: https://midsreborn.com/