Calling on the Greybeard Loremeisters: What's up with this dialog?

There's Praetoria fever in the air, and I'm not immune. Bumping along the missions, reading dialog, and during Part 4 of Antimatter's arc I run into this confusing little snippet:

image.png.8ca410dbceb138db66c61119b81bf78e.png

Now... how in the world would he know that?

If Praetoria was released in Issue 18 which hit live August of 2010?

But Stateman dies in the events of Who Will Die 5, released in January 17, 2012?

What's going on here, and what am I missing? 
Was his dialog changed? If so, what was the original?

I couldn't find the answers on the wiki, so I'm looking for someone with a good memory and and even better hard drive of screen shots to fill me in.

TIA!

I read this, thinking, "I bet all they did was add the purple bit, and everything else was originally the same".

Then I checked the original Paragon Wiki (which is still up in archive form).  That's exactly what they did, just plugged in the bit about Statesman being killed.  Everything else is the same.  They did that in various places across the game, just kinda throwing in halfhearted bandaids for the sake of whatever weird thing was behind that idea.

Edited by Lazarillo
  • Thanks 1

But the text is purple so everything is good 🙂

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

11 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

If Praetoria was released in Issue 18 which hit live August of 2010?

But Stateman dies in the events of Who Will Die 5, released in January 17, 2012?

11 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Then I checked the original Paragon Wiki (which is still up in archive form).  That's exactly what they did, just plugged in the bit about Statesman being killed.  Everything else is the same. 

Retcons happen quite often in comic books. I suppose it can also happen in a superhero game.

"There, your Emperor Cole is called Statesman, until Statesman was killed by a villain."

The first half of the sentence is in present tense.  Cole is Statesman.

In the second half, the past tense is used.  Statesman was killed.

Dark Watcher is referring to two different times, indicating knowledge of the future.

Subtext.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.