Good Controller guide? (ui controller not controller at. gamepad ๐Ÿ˜€ )

honoroit

Anyone have success with controller / gamepad based play?

ย 

I guess likely setting it up all binded, or otherwise having yourself together will be easier than while levelling up.

ย 

like ff14 in that regard, theres some stuff you're just not really gonna want to engage in (like ah, or a respec).

ย 

regardless, ROG ally coming this week, and it should play CoH nice.

ย 

does controller / non-keyboard+mouse work for you?

Edited by honoroit

I have several controllers that I enjoy playing.ย  To be honest, outside of certain sets having unique powers or behaviors, like gravity control being more "blastery" or having wormhole, I find that the secondary has more impact on how that character performs.ย  For instance, my earth control/pain domination controller is far more of a support character than my gravity/kinetics one.ย  Are there any particular areas you need help in or are unfamiliar with?ย  Perhaps sharing your own experience with controlelrs might help us establish a base-line...

i mean a controller dpad, and buttons. gamepad, console input device, sorry not clear.

ย 

in game controller... many dozens ๐Ÿ™‚ย well... a couple of pages of them on excelsior at any rate, and a few in live before i became a dominator fan.

ย 

i should update the title.

ย 

Edited by honoroit

• honoroit changed the title to Good Controller guide? (ui controller not controller at. gamepad ๐Ÿ˜€ )
  • 1 month later

I use reWASD (https://www.rewasd.com/release/download) to play the game with a Playstation DualSense (on Windows 10). DualShock 4 works the same. You can connect just about any controller to remap it with that. I like using the Sony controllers because the touchpad lets you have up to 5 more buttons (though I only use it for 4). One of them is set as a shift button to swap between normal control of the character and mouse control. Best remapping app I've ever used.ย 

ย 

Yes, it costs money to get the full app, but it's well worth it and it's a lifetime purchase. No, I am in no way affiliated with it other than being a person who absolutely cannot play games with a mouse/keyboard. I grew up on consoles. I love the 80s.

• Like 1

All is vanity, and grasping for the wind. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble.

IG: @OriginalSpacey

• 2 months later
  • 3 months later

For years I used Belkin Nostromos (n50 and n52) but sadly they all wore out on me. Currently I'm using a dual Razer setup, a Naga mouse and an Orbweaver which is very similar to the n52 but actually less satisfying ergonomically.

ย 

I probably don't use either to their full potential but I use the Orbweaver for movement (multi directional button controlled via thumb and jump also thumb operated) and that takes care of my powers in Tray 1. I use the buttons on my Naga for powers in Tray 3 so effectively have over 20 keys within microseconds of touch activity.

ย 

I'm still crap at gaming but I've got all the toys! ๐Ÿ˜

• Thumbs Up 1

ย 

ย 

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

ย