Is anyone running an Elec/Time controller? Would like some feedback

Heatstroke

I tried an Elec/Time Corruptor and while the idea seemed good, I just cant get the " flow " of the character correct. So that got me to thinking. Ive played /Time a lot, but only have an Elec Dominator who is pretty good. So that has me thinking about the Elec/Time Controller combo, but I dont want to sink the time ( and influence ) in again to find out I dont like it. 

Thoughts and Thanks

Helpful reminder that because someone else might like the combo, that doesn't mean you will.

You can spend a few minutes on Brainstorm and using the built-in freebies menu, jump to any level, max your inf and then via the powers slotting UI fill your powers with recommended SO.

From there you can run around a few missions and see if the combo suits you. Very easy! 

I did this with Fire/Time and found out it was a strong pairing that I actually didn't really enjoy playing, despite that.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Heatstroke said:

I tried an Elec/Time Corruptor and while the idea seemed good, I just cant get the " flow " of the character correct. So that got me to thinking. Ive played /Time a lot, but only have an Elec Dominator who is pretty good. So that has me thinking about the Elec/Time Controller combo, but I dont want to sink the time ( and influence ) in again to find out I dont like it. 

Thoughts and Thanks

1. As others said, you can play on the beta testing server on brainstorm and try out most anything.   Only caveat is that that's going to only give you a solo impression and not how effective or dynamic you are on teams, even if you have all the incarnates and accolades and sets done in it.

2. You can also just make it on HC live, play on excelsior and typically play from the mid 20's to mid 30's on low and mid level content, never spending a single influence on it to see how it fairs.   Caveat then is that you do not see how it fairs in end game play or content.  Time spent can literally just be a matter of 2-3 hours if you're playing on teams doing higher content than your level with maximum xp of course.   Alternatively, you can hit those 25-30 range and just from the vendor trashing items, selling recipes earned on the AH and doing an sbb run or 2 have typically enough influence to fully regular IO out the toon as you level it to 50 even and again over the course of a few days of 2-3 hours play if you choose your teams well.

3.  A combination of 1 and 2 to your tastes.

No matter the option those, it will be a time sink.  Heck even theory crafting in mids is a time sink.  On that point alone you'll have to accept you're going to have to put time into it one way or the other.

But ultimately, its your choice of what to do is yours obviously.  Illiciting thoughts on a build based on goals you may have for it is one thing but subjectively your feelings on it will trump any of that.

I had a look at this combo and 'safe but where's the damage coming from' was my verdict. I like both sets but paired with other things. If you have a solid theme you want to use for the combo then elec/time corr and time/elec def both work very well.

I've had one for a few years now and its just like @Parabolasaid. No amount of respecs and trying different builds has got this pumping out any damage at all it truly could be ranked as one of the lowest damage dealing combos in game. Doesn't mean its not fun though. I have fun with my elec/elec too and the damage output on that is equally pitiful. Elec control is just a relaxing fun set to play so long as you don't mind spending 10 min once your all incarnate and kitted out taking down a +4 mob. Unless you go /storm or /kin. Much better. But nowhere near as relaxing.

11 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

I've had one for a few years now and its just like @Parabolasaid. No amount of respecs and trying different builds has got this pumping out any damage at all it truly could be ranked as one of the lowest damage dealing combos in game. Doesn't mean its not fun though. I have fun with my elec/elec too and the damage output on that is equally pitiful. Elec control is just a relaxing fun set to play so long as you don't mind spending 10 min once your all incarnate and kitted out taking down a +4 mob. Unless you go /storm or /kin. Much better. But nowhere near as relaxing.

Electric/Storm ????!!!!! never thought of that combo for some reason !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

I'm struggling with my elec/time controller right now, but it is all my own fault that I'm always trying to attain perfection.  Had a solo build that worked, but it was boring as hell.  Started teaming so I did a respec to be more beneficial to teammates, that worked but my personal survivability went way down.  Just did another respec at level 32 and first impression is that this is a trainwreck, but I'm going to stick with it until I get another respec.  I don't start using IO's before level 35 so cost isn't a real issue for me.

1 hour ago, Lusiphur Malache said:

I'm struggling with my elec/time controller right now, but it is all my own fault that I'm always trying to attain perfection.  Had a solo build that worked, but it was boring as hell.  Started teaming so I did a respec to be more beneficial to teammates, that worked but my personal survivability went way down.  Just did another respec at level 32 and first impression is that this is a trainwreck, but I'm going to stick with it until I get another respec.  I don't start using IO's before level 35 so cost isn't a real issue for me.

Should be difficult the make a toon not that survivable with elec and time. You'll aim to get Farsight and Chrono Shift CD as low as possible, while chasing M/R/A defense through things like Maneuvers and Weave and some set bonuses (later on you can get power boost or clarion radial or both to really amp up the numbers). Then you immobilize the mobs and stand next to them with conductive aura/time's juncture and toss a slowed response.

Mobs should be missing you due to your defenses, have slower recharges, being sapped and do less damage when they do hit in which case you can pop temporal mending.

That said you won't get a lot of damage out of it but it's a safe team oriented toon that balances team buffs and AoE debuffs.