Is there a way to do this

savair

Ok lets say your fighting some villians ok and you found this place because it has high level villians that you want to find so it builds up xp. You die which of course sends you to the hospital which of course sends you across town. Is there a way to place a marker for where you are at on the map so when you wind up in the hospital you can go back to that exact spot again? Like a marker for a place you want to save on the map if that makes sense

Sure, open the mini map and right click at a spot, and it'll drop a thumbtack on it.  You can also type /loc and it will tell you the coordinates your are currently at, and you can type /thumbtack followed by the coordinates (/thumbtack 000, 000, 000) and it will create the waypoint for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

How else will you know where you dropped your loot 🙂

• Haha 4

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

2 hours ago, lemming said:

And, if you have a base hospital, if you zone back via the entry portal (not the zone portal) you should appear back at the same spot

What about duplicated zone cases?  Granted, that would be a rare situation, and nothing different if it is only a location being sought, but if the zone is maxed and they leave (which is essentially the base hospital), "returning" might mean entering the alternate zone.  Would specific characters/items that they were hoping to interact with (say, an ambush) still appear in the duplicate zone?

Edited by Techwright

36 minutes ago, Techwright said:

What about duplicated zone cases?  Granted, that would be a rare situation, and nothing different if it is only a location being sought, but if the zone is maxed and they leave (which is essentially the base hospital), "returning" might mean entering the alternate zone.  Would specific characters/items that they were hoping to interact with (say, an ambush) still appear in the duplicate zone?

You'll show up at the same location, but mobs will be different

• Like 1

11 hours ago, biostem said:

I never understood why most games don't allow you to doodle and put notes on your own world map, beyond the thumbtack we have now...

I am having trouble remembering right now but I swear I played a game once that let me do it, like multiple notes and points on a map.  It's just . . . eluding me right now.  and it shouldn't because I haven't played a lot of games in my life (outside of the arcade) overall and only on PC.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, High_Beam said:

I am having trouble remembering right now but I swear I played a game once that let me do it, like multiple notes and points on a map.  It's just . . . eluding me right now.  and it shouldn't because I haven't played a lot of games in my life (outside of the arcade) overall and only on PC.

The Ultima Underworld games allowed this.  You could write anything you wanted on your game map.

That game was way ahead of its time.

• Thumbs Up 1