WCIF - Steet Justice/Regeneratio Builds

Strange you ask on this here in the general section vs architype section or the more apt brute section per your wants but ok.

Few things to understand with your request.

1. Leveling solo or teaming almost exclusively?  That can have a small bearing on choices. 

2. Best to look for brute regen builds of various sorts and similar street justice ones.  Then correlate from those a build that may suit you between the two.  SJ/Regen isnt exactly a common/popular consideration on its own for various reasons obviously(else you'd've found your desired answer already...).

3. Most players (especially if teaming almost exclusively) just make their character and choose powers as they go with what they think will work.  "Builds" you see listed on the forums in most all cases arent "leveling" builds.... they're builds mostly for considerations once 50 (as can be easily evidenced by their being enhancers only usable at level 50). 

Thus most just level, slot standard io's as they go as the expectation is that then at 50 either parking the toon and moving to something else or respec and kit it out with post 50 builds like you see on the forums for the post 50 play.  

In other words, its not a situation of needing to plan something out necessarily.

However, if you want to refine your request based on the above, then providing more information may be of merit. 

Edited by Sanguinesun

I have a SJ/Regen Scrapper that made 50 over a year and a half ago. I did not keep record of his leveling build, however. I do remember just placing priority into slotting all my attacks, and pretty much ignoring secondary slotting until mid 30's and upwards. Sorry I know that this is not much help, but its all I got.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Well…the reason you struggle to find anything is the sets.  Regen…. That got nerfed multiple times so hard it is either comedy or tragedy.  Besides which it does not fit the mechanics if the game well.  Mathematically you are in a big hole.  StJ looks cool but is a meh performer and a combo builder at that, and combo builders…say it with me…do not do well in the modern game. Oh, and Brutes suffer from being nerfed and having severely underpowered ATO in comparison to their bros Tank and Scrap

Aside from that Snarky intro….. I am really glad you are playing to a concept.  So much better than chasing the flavor of the month and building a toon that has no concept value to YOU, the player.

I have never built either of the sets so aside from my “wisdom” i have little to offer

11 hours ago, Infamous_Breach said:

I am looking for a leveling build to emulate in game.

Leveling builds are sort of a thing, but also sort of not a thing. Generally if I have a target build in mind for something I'll pepper in pieces of it as they become available by level. For example, ATOs are available starting at level 10 (or is it 7? Jeez I have been out of the game for a while) so those are usually one of the first things to go into a leveling toon. Ditto for unique pieces like Kismet's +to-hit piece, or globals like LOTGs, or things like Performance Shifters/Miracle/Panacea, effect pieces.

Generally while leveling I'm also playing around with power choices if I don't have a solid post-50 plan in mind, so I'll burn a respec or two (which fall like rain on the proverbial plain around here) from time to time to try different things.

The question is are you flush with Fake Money Units (Influence/Infamy/Information, aka "Inf") to twink out the toon as it rises in level, or are you working with the resources the toon gains while playing it and/or engaging in any marketing or crafting/flipping along the way?

Finally, if you are short on Fake Money Units, hit up @Yomo Kimyata and one of their generous give-aways. I think there is a thread currently in this section with instructions on how to get a stack of Inf.

Edited by InvaderStych
question mark
  • Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I have never built either of the sets so aside from my “wisdom” i have little to offer

StJ is great as a Stalker and I know someone spoke well of it on Scrapper. The biggest issue for me is it has the smallest AoEs. This is definitely a negative if you want to use it on a tank since it is still bottom tier there for AoE size on an AT known for bigger AoEs. 

I did Claws/regen on Live were I essentially ignored IO sets until Homecoming so I would say even just using common IOs you can do a leveling build based on that. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."