Exactly what does Phantom Army benefit from?

Story Archer

I'm assuming that Phantasm benefits from everything, like a normal pet, but what about Phantom Army? Does it benefit from Leadership? What about buffs, like a Kin's Siphon Power or Speed Boost? And, finally, do you still not gain experience from mobs defeated by the PA? 

TIA, just trying to get a handle on the best way to build/plan for an Illusion Controller (my first one).

I think what is confusing to me is in this thread:

It was suggested that the phantom army clones certain stats from the illusionist such as +DMG value.   The example given was a ill/kin jumps in the middle of a pack, fulcrum shifts and gets damage capped and then summons the army.  The above thread suggests the army gets the damage boost since it is cloned from the summoner.

Is that accurate?

8 hours ago, evetsleep said:

I think what is confusing to me is in this thread:

It was suggested that the phantom army clones certain stats from the illusionist such as +DMG value.   The example given was a ill/kin jumps in the middle of a pack, fulcrum shifts and gets damage capped and then summons the army.  The above thread suggests the army gets the damage boost since it is cloned from the summoner.

Is that accurate?

No, not accurate.

Phantom Army cannot be buffed other than by slotting in the power itself.  Buffs on the caster do not affect the PA.  I tested this back when I wrote my Local Guide to the Illusion/Radiation Controller.  The buffs from AM had no effect on PA other than to speed the Recharge for re-casting.

That is why I prefer Ill/Rad and Ill/Time over Ill/Kin; both Rad and Time have BOTH a Recharge buff AND foe debuffs to make PA better.  Kin only has the Recharge buff.  Kin's other buffs can affect Phantasm, but not PA.

Here's the Guide:  https://web.archive.org/web/20120905042613/http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=141225

Edited by Area Man
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Story Archer said:

I'm assuming that Phantasm benefits from everything, like a normal pet, but what about Phantom Army? Does it benefit from Leadership? What about buffs, like a Kin's Siphon Power or Speed Boost? And, finally, do you still not gain experience from mobs defeated by the PA? 

TIA, just trying to get a handle on the best way to build/plan for an Illusion Controller (my first one).

As for gaining XP for foes defeated by PA, yes, you get the XP.  You may want to read my guide (linked above) to learn about the unique aspects of Illusory Damage from Spectral Wounds and Phantasm's Decoy.  I gave strategies to maximize your damage for Illusory Damage.  I also talked about the semi-myth on XP loss from Confuse powers like Deceive.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, evetsleep said:

Is that accurate?

As @Area Mansays, not accurate.

That isn't how PA works.

Super easy to test. Summon PA see their damage in combat log

Take a red (or more) summon PA see their damage in the combat log

It will be the same.

the mids picture saying 'inherits blah' is confusing when read,

but to my awareness, it does NOT snap calculate damage at time of summon in a way that reflects your current damage % boost.

summon at 0% damage boost does same damage as summon at 300%.

id love to be wrong about this.

(psst - illu/dark - you have a taunter immune, you make things bad for mobs, you can heal, and have best rez)

Edited by honoroit

9 hours ago, Area Man said:

As for gaining XP for foes defeated by PA, yes, you get the XP.  You may want to read my guide (linked above) to learn about the unique aspects of Illusory Damage from Spectral Wounds and Phantasm's Decoy.  I gave strategies to maximize your damage for Illusory Damage.  I also talked about the semi-myth on XP loss from Confuse powers like Deceive.

Excellent - thank you so much.

• Like 1