Perma dom

h4rtl3ss225

this is my first time building a level 50 dom.  right now im trying to find out how perma dom works as of now i have %205.67 of recharge time bonus that is with hasten and IO sets.  how can you tell if  perma dom is working right and do i need more % in recharge time?

I have 146.5% recharge, no Hasten, and I have Perma-Dom.

I believe you need at least 122%.

I have Dom set on auto-click, and unfortunately since Dom goes away after each log off, when I log in again I need to build it, but after that it just auto-fires every so often, and I'm at Perma-Dom.

• Like 3

I want to say that perma-Domination requires something like 122.5%; I always shoot for 123%. This is of course assuming that enemies aren't hitting the character with -Recharge.

Mileage varies on what follows. I have built Dominators using different methods (and combinations) of hitting Perma-Dom:

1. Purely via global +Recharge from Enhancement slotting
  2. Relying on Hasten
  3. Relying on Force Feedback %+Recharge

I have enjoyed playing Dominators the most when I didn't need either (2) or (3). A side effect of Hasten (beyond the simple practical consideration of trying to juggle multiple 'perma' powers) that I dislike is its extra Endurance cost... both upon expiry and because of MOAR button-mashing... as my Dominators walk on the knife's edge of spending blue and getting blue bar refills via Domination.

In almost all cases where (1) is all I need, I will still usually add Hasten to the build for (a) Emergencies and/or (b) really long recharge-time powers. Nobody likes finding their Domination expired because of a bunch of slows, only to become vulnerable to mezzes they have been shrugging off... with an empty blue bar.

Domination recharges in 200 sec and lasts 90 sec.

200/90 = 2.222

Everything starts at base 100%

So you need 122.2% recharge.

How you get there is up to you and what you want out of your character. The closer you are to that base number the smaller the margin of error. 

It will also depend on the content you enjoy. You may find exemping down challenging depending on how you build. I really like the Pen Yin TF so having perma dom at lvl 25 is really nice.

You'll probably want at least a few seconds of overlap so that a cool breeze or being stuck in a power animation doesn't cause it to drop.

I build high recharge (really not that hard to get 100%+ if you poke around and focus) but getting 120%+ gets significantly harder.  So I always take Hasten.  This gives me a built in “defense” vs -rech attacks and animations and times I am getting hammered so want to be using powers instead of letting Perma Dom auto click.  Just a fat cushion of comfort.

A lot of +rech sets come with +accuracy and this further advances a Doms role of dependability in negating enemy movement/actions.  

• Thumbs Up 1