Officially Unofficial Weekly Discussion #43: Things You Wish You Knew When You Started

SeraphimKensai

This wasn't in the game when I started, but it was apparently added when Atlas Park was overhauled, and when I remember it, it is very helpful.

Talking to the original contacts will unlock subsequent contacts in their origin chain.  And that works at any level.  For example, I just went back to AP at level 38 and hit all of the starter contacts, and the next contacts they gave me were the ones in Brickstown and FF.

So when you're standing around, trying to figure out what to do next, or a contact that you know should be talking to you is giving you the cold shoulder, flit on down to City Hall and have a word with the people standing in the five rooms downstairs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

This wasn't in the game when I started, but it was apparently added when Atlas Park was overhauled, and when I remember it, it is very helpful.

Talking to the original contacts will unlock subsequent contacts in their origin chain.  And that works at any level.  For example, I just went back to AP at level 38 and hit all of the starter contacts, and the next contacts they gave me were the ones in Brickstown and FF.

So when you're standing around, trying to figure out what to do next, or a contact that you know should be talking to you is giving you the cold shoulder, flit on down to City Hall and have a word with the people standing in the five rooms downstairs.

Also, the cleanup of the mission text has SERIOUSLY streamlined the game for those going after badges and reward-bearing mission chains.

So you aren't stuck having to do EVERY LAST MISSION the contact could provide you to make sure  you get the rewards.

Anything in a badge/reward mission has the header in blue.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 8/31/2023 at 3:02 PM, MrAxe said:

Back on live (before jet and jump packs) don't take super speed on your first toon. Oh the nightmare of Terra Volta *shivers*.

Faultline. Worse by far. At least you can get to the important parts of Terra Volta with SS; a wrong move in Faultline and you can be saddled with playing /stuck roulette.

• Thumbs Up 1

Up until last week NEVER ran a DR Quarterfield TF. It is soloable. I never knew that. I ran it with my Ill/TA controller.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

16 minutes ago, KC4800 said:

Up until last week NEVER ran a DR Quarterfield TF. It is soloable. I never knew that. I ran it with my Ill/TA controller.

Now it is.

Prior to the player fast travel improvements in 2012,  MAYBE it was solo-able.

It was just too much kick in the balls to bother.  As the time investment was just out of whack.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!