What are the benefits of /Cold?

Sou1catcher

Defender version. I have my shields slotted out for 23.63% Def to S/L/E/N/M/E/AoE. I put the four standard one shot IOs into Artic Fog so that only gives another 5% Def. Benumb is an AV killer. Sleet is a Debuff/Control. Heat Loss can help cure End issues. Honestly, up until 20 Cold isn't terribly exciting for a Corr. Make sure to slot an for end reduction in your attacks. Don't forget you can three slot Stamina and by level 18 stick a Performance Shifter: Chance for End and Power Transfer: End Mod and Power Transfer: Chance for Self Heal. Technically Performance Shifter can be slotted at 17.

If you have a copy of your build, we can take a look at it. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Early levels on /Cold are rough, especially if you're solo. 3 of your powers only affect teammates. Until you have good end redux and recovery use Snow Storm sparingly as it will drain you fast. Arctic Fog is a great defensive power, Benumb is an insane debuff, and once you get Heat Loss at level 30 you can solve your endurance problems by fighting large groups and having good recharge. Cold Domination is one of my favorite sets thematically. Stick it out and it will be well worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later

Ice Shield, Glacial Shield, and Arctic Fog are all solid defense buffs. Frostwork is one of the few powers in the game that increases max HP.

Infrigidate can be turned into a proc bomb

Benumb wrecks enemy regeneration. Must have for any enemy ranking higher than Boss.

Sleet wrecks enemy damage resistance. It can be loaded with both Achille's Heel and Annihilation -resistance procs causing Sleet to drop enemy damage resistance anywhere from it's base 30% up to 62.5%. ALSO has -30% defense debuff as well. Oh, and it also knocks enemies down in case you want some damage mitigation on top of it all. It's my favorite power in the game. I can't think of anything I'd rather have more.

Heat Loss ensures Endurance is never an issue for you as well as further debuffing damage resistance.

And the whole set is loaded with Slow which reduces enemy power recharge.

The only downside is the only buff that helps you, the caster, is Arctic Fog which leaves you the squishiest member on the team at all times.

Edited by Tubalcain
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 5:56 PM, Sou1catcher said:

Theme character and I am going Water/Cold and I am honestly finding the /Cold powers Underwhelming.

LvL 14 ATM and Endurance is a Huge issue so Help with that would be Greatly Appreciated.

Later in levels, Sleet + Heat Loss properly slotted for both and proc'd stack up to around a 80%+ -RES effect.  Plus more Endurance than you'll likely ever be able to burn.

Benumb is an AV killer for -REGEN.

Infrigidate is almost better as an attack than a debuff with procs.

I have a Vet level 70-something Water/Cold Corr that runs top difficulty Aeon and ITF's non-stop.

Ice/Cold and Water/Cold are absolute top tier AT's in this game for anything in the PVE world.

• Like 4