Can we spawn ANYWHERE ELSE when getting out of Helicopters?

kelika2

6 hours ago, biostem said:

Even if we just spawned at the foot of the ramp, instead of inside the helicopter, would help immensely!

Or even just turned around, so we're facing out of the helicopter, not into it, when we spawn.

And as a minor bit, change the position of the 'drop point' for Team Transport when the destination is a helicopter; I'm certain people are familiar with getting a TT to the third mission of the Yin TF and winding up standing on the tail boom of the helicopter on the freighter with the helicooter's main rotor spinning through them.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Or even just turned around, so we're facing out of the helicopter, not into it, when we spawn.

And as a minor bit, change the position of the 'drop point' for Team Transport when the destination is a helicopter; I'm certain people are familiar with getting a TT to the third mission of the Yin TF and winding up standing on the tail boom of the helicopter on the freighter with the helicooter's main rotor spinning through them.

I've found that facing doesn't help. When the team keeps spawning as you're trying to leave, you either keep getting pushed further in or are just unable to move out. Moving the helicopter spawn points to either the base of the ramp or pretty much anywhere not in the cargo compartment would help the most. (Edit: Or rather, would be the only actually helpful fixes.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add a comma and remove "so".
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

While we're fixing helicopters: Can we get helicopters (and the Paragon City smuggler ship to Striga) de-linked from the tram door timer? Half the time you click on a chopper or the boat door and have to wait around for 5-15 seconds until the next time the blue line opens its doors.

It's clearly not a necessary limitation since there are doors near the RWZ helicopter that can be used instead of the chopper that don't have the same timing restrictions.

For that matter, I'd be all for removing the timer from the trams, too. Let the train arriving/departing just be cosmetic.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

I've found that facing doesn't help. When the team keeps spawning as you're trying to leave, you either keep getting pushed further in or are just unable to move out.

Ahh, but that's because they're spawning behind you as you're facing into the cargo compartment; reversing the spawn would put the first characters to spawn at the rear door, where they would get pushed out by subsequent arrivals, just as with TT to a regular mission door, where you exit the door and get pushed away from it by subsequent arrivals.

7 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Ahh, but that's because they're spawning behind you as you're facing into the cargo compartment; reversing the spawn would put the first characters to spawn at the rear door, where they would get pushed out by subsequent arrivals, just as with TT to a regular mission door, where you exit the door and get pushed away from it by subsequent arrivals.

If that is enough to no longer be stuck staring at my teammates as they spawn in, okay. Works for me. I don't really care as long as those helicopters are fixed so we're not trapped in them any more.

• Like 1

I guess I don't understand how this is a big problem???  Standing on the tail with the spinning rotors is a bit silly, sure, but...  🤷‍♂️

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Just now, Clave Dark 5 said:

I guess I don't understand how this is a big problem???  Standing on the tail with the spinning rotors is a bit silly, sure, but...  🤷‍♂️

The actual concern isn't the rotor spinning through the character, though that would annoy me to no end. The concern is that if you have a big enough team, read 4 or more characters usually, and your mission entrance/exit is a helicopter, the players first to load in the helicopter find themselves either unable to exit the helicopter, or more frequently, driven even further in the helicopter, because of the mission exit spawn location and possibly facing. Which has in several instances in my personal experience, led to frustrated players calling for the slower loaders to turn around and exit the helicopter so they can finally get out as well. And despite MM pets being set up to get moved out of the way by player characters, this situation is often compounded by MM pets further obstructing players' ability to exit until everyone has finished appearing at the exit load/spawn point. (While my own pets have never obstructed me, my teammates pets do actually force me back further into the cargo compartment until the MM character finishes loading. I can only imagine my pets have had the same effect on others.)

The helicopter mission door is just like all the other mission doors (and things like the Ouroboros portal); there is a spawn point 'outside' the door where your character appears, and if you're standing there when another character exits, you'll be pushed away. This is fine for normal doors because you exit facing away from the door, so you get pushed farther from the door. The problem is that for the helicopters, the 'door' faces into the cargo compartment of the helicopter, so that when you exit if you can't move before anyone else exits, you'll be pushed away from the door — which is further into the helicopter. Turning the 'door' around so that it's facing out of the helicopter would change it so that people exiting after you would push you out of the helicopter, and would be free to move further away no matter how many people spawned behind you.

• Like 1