Buff Temp/Time stop

WindDemon21

Mainly it's horrid secondary effects helping with actual survival.

For one, the 2 melee skills have basically zero secondary effects. The tier2 has just a small dot which is likely calculated on the power's damage anyway outside of the tiny extra if you use time wall. This would be a great place for a knockdown or at the very least a -recharge on it. It has end drain for some odd reason too, which is extra odd since you can't even enhance it to throw in a heal proc. And future pain is even worse. For being the big attack with a long recharge, without time wall it has basically zero effect, for such a low chance, only mag 3, and FEAR effect that means nothing when you're constantly attacking the target anyway. Even with time wall, it's still just a mag 3 short duration fear that usually amounts to nothing useful.

On top of those, the worst offender is Time Stop. It's the WORST single target hold on a blaster secondary (or primary whos main focus is hold not damage)

This is entirely baffling because it doens't even do damage like the others, so you can't even slot damage procs like apocalpyse, and even worse, can only slot the lockdown proc to overmag on a boss, where the devastation proc has better chances than it, also which is really dumb.

On top of that, it has the LONGEST animation of them at 2.17s, others are 1.03, 1.67, and 2.07, and for not doing any damage, somehow still only has the same duration.

Since it doesn't do damage which is fine, it should have the fastest, or close to it case, the single hand flip like gust has or something at 1.17s or honestly one that's 1s, and hands down, since it has no damage, it should have a longer duration than those other holds, at 14.9s instead of 11.92 scalar like the other holds that do damage have. Since it lacks that damage and proc-ablility, it should hands down at least be the best at holding versus the other ones.

As some of it's effectiveness hinders on time wall as well, among all the tier 1 immobs needing fixed really too anyway, it shouldn't be NEEDED to have time wall to make time stop more effective, again, especially lacking that damage component that the others have. NEEDING time wall, and time stop in comparison to the others which get that damage ability and faster cast, is not good. It's fine if it doesn't do damage, but it definitely then needs its cast time much faster, and should have a longer duration inherently as well (ie not needing time stop). Time wall is decent among the tier 1s, but the cast is still way too long and low damage, where all should be more standardized like the tier 1 blasts with 1s casts and, for those that do DOT have the dot occur within 4s like Freezing touch/ice arrow do.

Time Shift could use a cast time reduction as well, but at least it's one of the better more useful aoe mezzes on blasters since it has that slow/-to hit component for procs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Suggestion forum is over thataway  ⬆️

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

8 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

It's really not, the rest of the set i'm not talking about, it's mainly these 3 powers which are rather severe in their lack of helpful secondary effects and stats on time stop.

I main the set, and you’re wrong.

Just now, arcane said:

I'm not, compare it with most other blaster secondaries. I didn't say all the powers were bad, but these 3 powers in key just need a few small tweaks. Especially Future pain, being the big single target hitter, and having basically zero secondary effect, and time stop, having the worst stats of all the ST holds, on top of not having damage like they do either.

Again, tweaks, not complete rework, but these deficiencies are VERY noticeable compared to other sets.

5 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Also, I "main" most everything. Maybe if you played more sets and combos of those sets, you'd actually gain more insight properly.

I’ve got every blaster powerset to level 50 at least once, among other things, so, nope, you’re still wrong.

(This set though I have 3 50’s with because it’s upper tier)

Edited by arcane

1 minute ago, arcane said:

I’ve got every blaster powerset to level 50 at least once, among other things, so, nope, you’re still wrong.

And I've done that several times over, you can say "you're wrong" as much as you want but doesn't mean it's true.

You honestly couldn't convince me you're not purposefully trolling, because if you had actually played them you'd see how much they're lacking, and there is no way you could actually convince yourself that they don't need these tweaks. Small yes, but with significant help to the powers and set against single targets.

2 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

And I've done that several times over, you can say "you're wrong" as much as you want but doesn't mean it's true.

You honestly couldn't convince me you're not purposefully trolling, because if you had actually played them you'd see how much they're lacking, and there is no way you could actually convince yourself that they don't need these tweaks. Small yes, but with significant help to the powers and set against single targets.

Everyone on this forum knows you can’t be convinced that you’re wrong about anything, so that’s old news.

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Everyone on this forum knows you can’t be convinced that you’re wrong about anything, so that’s old news.

I fully admit when I'm wrong and have done so in the past, but it doesn't happen often, like in this case for example. so instead of constantly trolling, why don't you do something productive.

Also, again if you "main" it, then you'd clearly see where these small additions would help, and far from push the set anywhere outrageous. Every other secondary ST hold, and big attack, has damage/better cast time on the hold, and an actually useful secondary effect on the main big damage ST attack. Temp is a FAR outlier on this, and fixing the stats on the hold and adding a better secondary effect on Future pain would only help, not OP the set.

7 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

I fully admit when I'm wrong and have done so in the past, but it doesn't happen often, like in this case for example. so instead of constantly trolling, why don't you do something productive.

Also, again if you "main" it, then you'd clearly see where these small additions would help, and far from push the set anywhere outrageous. Every other secondary ST hold, and big attack, has damage/better cast time on the hold, and an actually useful secondary effect on the main big damage ST attack. Temp is a FAR outlier on this, and fixing the stats on the hold and adding a better secondary effect on Future pain would only help, not OP the set.

“If you weren’t a liar you’d agree with me” - the pinnacle of maturity here 🙄

12 minutes ago, arcane said:

“If you weren’t a liar you’d agree with me” - the pinnacle of maturity here 🙄

I didn't say liar, I rather implied that you didn't understand. Big difference.

And your "inferred" response was equivalent to your "you're wrong" which is immaturity backed by lack of data. None of which earning you any points.

Any of which point your whole response, and some of what I said too, is all opinion based so it's impossible to be "wrong". At least I supplied reasons and comparisons here. Good job trolling..

17 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Especially Future pain, being the big single target hitter, and having basically zero secondary effect

I couldn't care less if it had no secondary effect. It's one of the highest DPA melee attacks available to a blaster (behind only Eagle's Claw, Golden Dragonfly and Seismic Smash).

42 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

time stop, having the worst stats of all the ST holds, on top of not having damage like they do either.

Which of the other ST holds have -regen and -heal. None? And it still accepts 4 damage procs, so I call BS on the damage.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

12 minutes ago, Uun said:

I couldn't care less if it had no secondary effect. It's one of the highest DPA melee attacks available to a blaster (behind only Eagle's Claw, Golden Dragonfly and Seismic Smash).

Which of the other ST holds have -regen and -heal. None? And it still accepts 4 damage procs, so I call BS on the damage.

The -regen is so low, it doens't make up for the damage, which in addition to the damage the others have, also means two BIG things. One, that it can take the apocalypse proc which is the most damage you can get from a proc and makes a huge difference, and that it can take the devastation proc which has better proc chances than the lockdown proc does which you do so you're not forced to take time wall.

High DPA sure, i'm not debating that part, but those others get WAY more for close DPA having reliable knockdown, hold, and disorient. It's not even close how much more useful they are.

Edit: when i said doens't make up for the damage, meant the value of damage ON the hold via what i followed up with. not damage as in, "the damage does more than the -regen helps". the -regen is also in an extra weird spot given that the power doesn't take apocalypse and proc worthy enough to use as an attack, and with its extra long cast time, means you're not using actual damage powers instead as well. thankfully it lasts 20s, but even still, its just not enough for the power by any means, at least certainly not where the power shouldn't have a much faster cast time and last longer than the others since it has no damage itself.

Edited by WindDemon21

1 minute ago, WindDemon21 said:

The -regen is so low, it doens't make up for the damage, which in addition to the damage the others have, also means two BIG things. One, that it can take the apocalypse proc which is the most damage you can get from a proc and makes a huge difference, and that it can take the devastation proc which has better proc chances than the lockdown proc does which you do so you're not forced to take time wall.

Unbreakable Constraint proc has the same damage as the Apocalypse proc. I'm sure you can find another place to slot Apocalypse on a blaster. 

2 minutes ago, Uun said:

Unbreakable Constraint proc has the same damage as the Apocalypse proc. I'm sure you can find another place to slot Apocalypse on a blaster. 

Right, you missed what I was saying  was the amount of more damage that that proc ADDS to the power making it more worth it as a damage ability, on top of the actual damage the power would do like the others as well.

Ie, that proc, is both more damaging, and procs more often than non-purple procs, so that in addition to the damage is much more than another smaller proc adds.

For example The DPA difference: I used strangler as it had the closest cast time at 2.07 versus 2.17

image.png.d5e034a358a356d3f34eb755dbc56348.pngimage.png.383ee09ffa4fa91a96e6981d70355a2a.png

Again though regardless. I'm fine if it doesn't do damage, but it should have a much faster cast time, and last a bit longer at 14.9s at 50 instead of 11.92 to compensate.

22 hours ago, arcane said:

Here we go. This set is great as is.

6 hours ago, arcane said:

(This set though I have 3 50’s with because it’s upper tier)

I don't have any opinion on the topic of this thread, but @arcane you gotta know that when you're half the posts in the thread and you haven't actually said a single thing of substance?

You might be the problem here

• Thumbs Up 1

Blaster tier 1 powers (usually immobilizes) DPSA (based on Arcanatime)

Electron Shackles         :   60.56    ( 1.19 s)      4
Penumbral Grasp           :   33.85    ( 1.85 s)      4
Toxic Web Grenade         :   39.50    ( 1.58 s)      4
Stone Prison              :   43.09    ( 1.45 s)      4
Electric Fence            :   47.40    ( 1.32 s)      4
Power Thrust              :   37.45    ( 1.19 s)      6
Ring of Fire              :   72.99    ( 1.32 s)      6
Chilblain                 :   47.40    ( 1.32 s)      4
Ki Push                   :   52.66    ( 1.06 s)      4
Subdual                   :   33.85    ( 1.85 s)      4
Immobilizing Dart         :   29.17    ( 1.72 s)      4
Entangle                  :   43.09    ( 1.45 s)      4
Sonic Thrust              :   37.45    ( 1.19 s)      6
Elec. Net Arrow           :   52.66    ( 1.19 s)      4
Time Wall                 :   30.09    ( 1.85 s)      4

Time Wall isn't the worst, but it's close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not taking a strong side side in the discussion re: Time Stop and wanting more slotting options. My Dark/Temporal Blaster did take it, and has it 6-slotted with (boosted) Gladiator's Net.  It is not as if there is a shortage of different slotting options for pure Holds. On the contrary: There are 3 excellent set choices (PVP, Winter, Very Rare) plus a useful Hami-O, plus more %damage options than any other non-damaging control power.... ok maybe I will take a side: I don't think there is any need to update Time Stop. For the record: I only have Time Wall with the default slot, using a level 53 Endoplasm (Acc/Mezz). I suppose it has some %damage potential. I generally don't try to slot single-target slows for much, YMMV.

If I was going to ask for a buff to Time Wall, I'd want to know: Would it break the game if the 20 sec -Regeneration effect was increased? Looking at CityofData: it appears to be -25%, whereas purchasable Envenomed Daggers (10 sec) apply -250%. Every one of my characters restocks on Envenomed Daggers, so it simply strikes me as odd that there is such an imbalance, even when considering the other effects (in Time Stop) and base damage imbalance (that favors the Daggers)

I will write this: paired with Dark as a primary, the Temporal secondary resulted in what is my least Blappy Blaster. Much of this is driven by the primary, but an not-insignificant portion is driven by the other (pool) choices I made for this character concept. In most content, I'm simply abusing the heck out of Chronos... I have it on Auto, with IIRC a 90% chance for %BuildUp.... and relying on Time Wall/Time Stop for select enemies. When this character gets swarmed or there are opportunities, End of Time or the Nuke (Blackstar) get used. Future Pain is in the kit, but I rarely use it... again, it's because of the concept-driven range-heavy choices.

On 10/18/2023 at 8:36 AM, tidge said:

I'm not taking a strong side side in the discussion re: Time Stop and wanting more slotting options. My Dark/Temporal Blaster did take it, and has it 6-slotted with (boosted) Gladiator's Net.  It is not as if there is a shortage of different slotting options for pure Holds. On the contrary: There are 3 excellent set choices (PVP, Winter, Very Rare) plus a useful Hami-O, plus more %damage options than any other non-damaging control power.... ok maybe I will take a side: I don't think there is any need to update Time Stop. For the record: I only have Time Wall with the default slot, using a level 53 Endoplasm (Acc/Mezz). I suppose it has some %damage potential. I generally don't try to slot single-target slows for much, YMMV.

If I was going to ask for a buff to Time Wall, I'd want to know: Would it break the game if the 20 sec -Regeneration effect was increased? Looking at CityofData: it appears to be -25%, whereas purchasable Envenomed Daggers (10 sec) apply -250%. Every one of my characters restocks on Envenomed Daggers, so it simply strikes me as odd that there is such an imbalance, even when considering the other effects (in Time Stop) and base damage imbalance (that favors the Daggers)

I will write this: paired with Dark as a primary, the Temporal secondary resulted in what is my least Blappy Blaster. Much of this is driven by the primary, but an not-insignificant portion is driven by the other (pool) choices I made for this character concept. In most content, I'm simply abusing the heck out of Chronos... I have it on Auto, with IIRC a 90% chance for %BuildUp.... and relying on Time Wall/Time Stop for select enemies. When this character gets swarmed or there are opportunities, End of Time or the Nuke (Blackstar) get used. Future Pain is in the kit, but I rarely use it... again, it's because of the concept-driven range-heavy choices.

Problem is, you HAVE to take time wall to even get anything extra out of time stop, (and does relatively almost nothing for the 2 melee's), and the effect it does provide, is easily covered by 2 procs that other ST holds get because they do damage.

Again, if we are going to have it not do damage like the others, ok, but that's where the compensation of having it be faster at 1s cast time, and last longer at 14.9s at 50 instead of 11.92s come in.

The bonus interaction with time was IS due to having to also take time wall. The power should be justified on it's own first though just like any other combo-mechanic in the game. And even at that, were just fixing it's hold-ability, it still is going to be down the damage stats and procs that the others have as well anyway, so it's more than justified to have the cast time lowered to 1s, and duration upped to 14.9s.