Halloween Window Decorations Were Gone, And I Got a Rock Too

But seriously, where'd they go this year?  And weren't they gone last year too?  Did they decide they were too silly looking? 

I THINK NOT!

I've just missed them this year because after taking several screen shots of them previously, I accidentally deleted the folder that all my HC screen shots, sob.  I really think they should come back.  Maybe drop them on a few buildings in the spooky Atlas Park Null The Gull can send you to, if nothing else (would be nice to see some content added there too!).

giphy.gif

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Isn't that what the do for the entire event already (hence the "it's on after the update, then it's off after another update)?  Did they do it once and decide it was too much effort or something?  I'm not sure what that means exactly in this case.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

There are game changes that affect the visuals of the zones — the Halloween windows, the tree foliage changing color, the frozen lake in AP, etc.; these are all managed by altering the properties of the zones, whether by replacing textures (i.e., the windows) or other characteristics. These are changes to the game data in your client, and require a patch to update the pigg files. Changing the game's response to, say, knocking on random doors, is managed by altering configuration data on the server — there's nothing that needs to change in your client to turn on the ToT door functionality, so just enabling the Halloween activities doesn't require a patch download, just a server restart to load the changed parameters.

19 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

But seriously, where'd they go this year?  And weren't they gone last year too?  Did they decide they were too silly looking? 

I THINK NOT!

I've just missed them this year because after taking several screen shots of them previously, I accidentally deleted the folder that all my HC screen shots, sob.  I really think they should come back.  Maybe drop them on a few buildings in the spooky Atlas Park Null The Gull can send you to, if nothing else (would be nice to see some content added there too!).

giphy.gif

Depending on how long ago you did it and how much you use your hard drive, you might be able to recover some images using an undeleter.

See what happens is that the computer doesn't delete files - until it allocates [the space the file is in] for a new file (a defrag will make it more likely you lose stuff).

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

I have considered it, and you got me to get off my duff and give it a shot, and it got back some of them.  Now, someone try tell me why this wouldn't have made the Halloween season better!

screenshot_191027-11-16-04.jpg

• Like 1

Go have fun!

• Retired Developer

What srmalloy said, @Clave Dark 5.

The Halloween event is started with a command that triggers an existing script that's always there. The texture for the windows, on the other hand, simply gets replaced via a client patch.

It was forgotten about by the time Oct rolled around (with lots of folks busy this year) and so wasn't able to get patched in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1