Power Transfer +Heal / Perf Shifter +END x4? (Rad Armor)

Story Archer

So I'm putting together a build for a character I'm probably going to be soloing a good bit, Street Justice/Rad Armor with the Energy Mastery. No experience with any of the three power sets but I'm playing around with the build in Mids. Knowing (and enjoying) the go-go-go nature of Brutes, I was considering slotting the Power Transfer +Heal proc and the Performance Shifter +End proc in Gamma Boost, Stamina, Superior Conditioning and Physical Perfection. I know that Rad Armor already has a fair amount of healing and recovery in its DNA, but my default here is that more is always better. Am I completely misunderstanding how procs work in auto powers?

The procs will work in all of those. That said, unless you're also taking Focused Accuracy, Energy Mastery is largely wasted with Rad Armor. 

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

10 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

From the endurance side, it’s massive overkill for rad armor.  I would be surprised if you could even get your blue bar to drop below 50% while fighting a bunch of Malta sappers.  

Is it really? That's what I'm trying to figure out. I'd like to be able to run all the toggles I want (Maneuvers, Focused Accuracy, Tough/Weave, etc.) and simply not have to worry about Endurance. If I could do that with only two or three instances instead of all four, those are free slots I could definitely use elsewhere. Considering that the build also includes four sets of Unbreakable Guard and a full set of Preventive Medicine, that's another 13.75% Global Endurance Redux on top of everything else...

Sappers honestly aren't bad as there is 1-2 at most in a mob and likely just one. If you can deal with it, you can eliminate then attacking you at all. Far worse are Freakshow, Carnies, or others which drain over time and are bosses. I don't use FA on the build, but my BA/stone runs 10 toggles with 4 PS: +End, and unless I am facing something which does legit end drain, I pretty much don't even need to look at my end bar. Data below.

Recovery: 3.2/s

End Drain: 2.3/s

EndRdx: 14.2%

Recharge: 172.5%

I have the FF: +Recharge proc as well so I can cycle three AoEs.

My first go around with Rad during the low level was to slot Theft of Essence: +End in Radiation Therapy and that was outright swimming in end.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

4 hours ago, Story Archer said:

Is it really? That's what I'm trying to figure out. I'd like to be able to run all the toggles I want (Maneuvers, Focused Accuracy, Tough/Weave, etc.) and simply not have to worry about Endurance. If I could do that with only two or three instances instead of all four, those are free slots I could definitely use elsewhere. Considering that the build also includes four sets of Unbreakable Guard and a full set of Preventive Medicine, that's another 13.75% Global Endurance Redux on top of everything else...

Yes, it really is.  A few points:

1.  I absolutely recommend leveling up with any given character so you actually know what the endurance costs look like.  And that can change all the time with new powers or with various incarnate powers.  Don't fear the respec!

2.  Based on my personal experience, radiation armor is extremely endurance friendly.  I just ran a few missions with my ice/rad scrapper at +4/x8 and never got below 80-90% running at full speed.  My base consumption is 1.45/s and base recovery is 3.74/s.  I think many people use the heuristic of double your consumption for your recovery target.

3.  Let's look at the dreaded math.  Using Mids, with nothing slotted and with Alpha Barrier, Gamma Boost, Proton Armor, Fallout Shelter, Beta Decay, Combat Jumping, Tough, Weave, Maneuvers, Tactics, Focused Accuracy active, I get 2.8/s recovery and 3.2/s consumption.  Clearly that's no good, but that's with zero slots.  With my "standard" slotting for these powers, which is admittedly not cheap, I'm looking at 1.9/s consumption and 3.4/s recovery.  That's with a perf shifter proc in stamina and a panacea proc in health.  Focused Accuracy is a real hog, and I don't find I need it in addition to Tactics, but cutting that gets you to 1.4/s consumption.  Adding a perf shifter end mod to stamina and a miracle proc to health gets you 3.9/s recovery.  So that's only a single perf shifter proc in the bunch.

Now, that's not even considering:  69.2% endurance drain resistance from Gamma Boost, so sappers (which only come one to a spawn, but it is very easy to aggro more than one spawn) aren't particularly dangerous.  Radiation Therapy gives you +endurance whenever you use it, and also can slot Theft of Essence proc.  Meltdown gives you additional recovery whenever active (although it floors your recovery for ten seconds after expiration).

I'm thankful that I looked through this, because now I can tweak a bit and move some resources away from endurance on this rad armor and towards either defense or regeneration!

Who run Bartertown?

Rad Armor's 69.2% resistance to end drain and recovery debuffs is huge when facing Sappers, Mu Guardians/Adepts, Supper Stunners, Carnies, etc. Because of this they're largely a minor annoyance. In contrast, they're a major problem for my Willpower brute. While WP has tons of +recovery, it has no protection to end drain. Getting end drained and toggle dropped is a regular occurrence.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller