Alternate animations for Socery & Experimentation

Azari

It would be nice to have a No Pose option for Translocation, to make it look just like Teleport. As well as an alternate animation for Adrenal Booster which doesn’t feature a syringe.  

Not gonna lie the syringe is slightly triggering my PTSD because my best friend died from shooting up heroin & my dad used to do drugs too. But I need that extra tohit buff. Devs plz make a drug-free version of experimentation.

Edited by Azari
  • Like 1

What would you recommend for new animations? (Please bear in mind that unlike the other pool powers, Sorcery and Experimentation are keyed to specific origins. So they were given animations to help convey their origin. Teleport on the other hand, is not associated with any origin, so was given what the Live devs hoped was a suitably generic effect, I believe.)

Edit: The other 3 origins were also going to get their own power pools, but they weren't finished before the game was shut down.

Edited by Rudra

8 minutes ago, Rudra said:

What would you recommend for new animations? (Please bear in mind that unlike the other pool powers, Sorcery and Experimentation are keyed to specific origins. So they were given animations to help convey their origin. Teleport on the other hand, is not associated with any origin, so was given what the Live devs hoped was a suitably generic effect, I believe.)

Edit: The other 3 origins were also going to get their own power pools, but they weren't finished before the game was shut down.

I’m not sure what technical limitations there are on animations. I’m sure the alt animation would have to be the same length of time as the original too.  I would prefer just about anything but a syringe, lol. Whatever works & looks fitting.

For translocation, I just prefer the original TP animation because not everyone does magic with fancy hand waves & symbols. Some people just use their minds. 

Edited by Azari
  • Thumbs Up 1

Greetings @Azari welcome to the animation diversification club!

A few of the requests you have made can be easily modded

There are quite a few threads in the Tools, Utilities & Downloads - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com) 

which will walk you through the process. 

The amount of information is daunting but the process itself is extremely easy. (just swap a few files around)

The limitation is only the characters movement animation will change

any effects/bloom/splashes/bursts/glows/items associated with said animation WILL remain.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

Drinking a beaker or test tube of green stuff maybe? Or some Frankenstein lightning stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Azari said:

It would be nice to have a No Pose option for Translocation, to make it look just like Teleport. As well as an alternate animation for Adrenal Booster which doesn’t feature a syringe.  

Not gonna lie the syringe is slightly triggering my PTSD because my best friend died from shooting up heroin & my dad used to do drugs too. But I need that extra tohit buff. Devs plz make a drug-free version of experimentation.

Combat Teleport will give you +ToHit