EMP Arrow

TimesSeven

27 minutes ago, TimesSeven said:

So ya’ll folks still use glue arrow?

I find it more useful on a controller using trick arrow, because then you can ensure they don't leave the glue, which not only does it slow movements, it also debuffs a foe's recharge by 40% which is a damage mitigation tool that Trick Arrow brings to the table.

That said if the mob isn't living long enough for the effect to be that noticable, then you could reasonably argue for a different power.

I'm always happy to talk TA, it's been a favorite set of mine since the minute I got ahold of it back on Live; I actually soloed an Ice/TA controller to 50, back when the only way I could light up OSA was with Taser Dart, and my pet would run in fright from the lit slick.  It was worth the effort to bring all that soft control to bear on a given mob.

As far as Glue Arrow goes, it's one of the more important arrows on Corruptors and Defenders, who usually don't have another method of keeping mobs from scattering.  So on those types of characters, I usually open with Flash Arrow, hover above the mob, drop Glue Arrow to notify them I'm there, flit around a bit to shepherd the aggro'd runners back to the center, and begin sawing away with debuffs and AoEs. 

Most Controllers would just drop an AoE immob in that situation, whereas MMs likely already have scattering mobs by the time they're in range for Glue Arrow, unless they're the kind of MM that lead from in front and bother with all the commands to keep their nerds from running amok. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

1 hour ago, TimesSeven said:

So ya’ll folks still use glue arrow?

Depends what AT you're playing and what TA is combined with. It's less useful on controllers that have an AoE immobilize. I find it (and other slow patches) useful on corruptors/defenders in combination with rain powers. Lay down the patch between you and the spawn, draw them into it, then drop Rain of Fire/Ice Storm/Rain of Arrows on top of them and finish them off with your other AoEs. This also works with Time/Distortion Field.

17 minutes ago, roleki said:

I actually soloed an Ice/TA controller to 50, back when the only way I could light up OSA was with Taser Dart, and my pet would run in fright from the lit slick.

Ah, so you had the other one.

• Haha 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I do use Glue Arrow but I use it more in conjunction when I go to camp inside my EMP bubble by planting the Glue and Oil Arrows at my feet in the bubble to burn critters real fast.  The arrows all seem to have good synergy with one another which I find it hard to skip most any of the arrows when you total the whole set out.  The good thing about TA powers is that it allows for some slot skimping on sets whereas the power themselves is what makes TA powerful when you're playing it.  

I do like me some Poison Gas Arrow.  On most ATs it does -40% damage half unresistable.  If you look at it from a different perspective how isn't that at the very least the same as a buffer set giving resistance to damage shields.  Even better though is that it's one power to resist all damage types and it isn't encumbered by a resistance hard cap.  Where most buffers are capping you at 75% so some of their shielding is useless your Gas Arrow still is highly effective.  

Of all the arrows I could see skipping Glue Arrow or Net Arrow.   Although Glue is a nice strategic use of some aoe battlefield control and Net does some -resistance which is nice for boss fights but it can be hard to get into rotation.  Everything else for me is a must.

Edited by Mezmera
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love hearing your replies with TA, since it gets very little love. It’s my main, so I’ve read up on it a bit and can see the love. It’s a busy set, so I’m always doing something. Love that part as I hate relying on pets alone with a heal on auto-fire. 

People underestimate how devastating the debuffs are. I’d love to see an enemy group with TA secondaries. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, TimesSeven said:

Love hearing your replies with TA, since it gets very little love. It’s my main, so I’ve read up on it a bit and can see the love. It’s a busy set, so I’m always doing something. Love that part as I hate relying on pets alone with a heal on auto-fire. 

People underestimate how devastating the debuffs are. I’d love to see an enemy group with TA secondaries. 

one of the things I love about it is how different it plays with different sets. It often feels like a new power set when paired differently.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

17 hours ago, Uun said:

Ah, so you had the other one.

Hah!  They were extremely rare on Live, but in a world where almost nobody had fully-slotted IO sets and T1 Incarnates (let alone T4), an Ice/TA could save even the most oblivious PuG from ignominious defeat.

And then along comes HC, buffs both sides of the build and inadvertently turns Ice/TA into a bit of a Cadillac. It's fun just to watch the mob AI freak out when the various effects start piling on. Jog in place?  Slug your buddy?  Quake in fear?  Flop on the ground?  

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.