Energy Absorption (Ice Armor) - Value of Procs?

Tux

I slot it for Recharge and Defense.  HO (Membrane) or D-Sync (Shifting) are great in this power + any Def IO set you want in it.  Slotting for End isn't necessary, unless you want to drain more or your end usage is so tight, you need it for those times you are fighting a single foe (AV/GM/EB).

• Like 1

Since Energy Absorption is a click power, those procs will only have a chance to activate upon the use of the power.  On the one hand, this would generally mean you would get the effects on demand when you activate it, since I would expect the overall probability of activation to be at least 90%.  On the other hand, you might get more overall health and endurance by putting those procs in a passive power, like Stamina.  On the gripping hand, you're probably not going to be struggling for endurance on an Ice Armor brute, but maybe the heal could be incrementally useful .

As far as overall slotting, I emphasize recharge over endurance modification over defense, but I slot all of them.  I think my Yomo(tm) "standard" is lvl 50+5 Shield Wall Defense and D/R, 2x lvl 53 DSO Conduit (End Mod/R), and an Energy Manipulator % to stun.  I usually don't need a LotG +rech or any other defense proc in there since it usually goes elsewhere, but you may get good value there..  People sometimes question the stun proc, but I'm pretty happy with an 8 second mag 2 (minions) stun on command.  You could put the Triumphant Insult stun proc in there as well, but it's only an additional +1 mag for 2 seconds.

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?