Focused Feedback: Aether Rewards

6 hours ago, arcane said:

A T3 Aether effect/transformation costs no more than a build for a new alt (substantially less now, in fact). And that’s something most players can pull together in a week or two. I don’t think they cost too much at all. I have 22 mini modes in addition to my main having everything, and I’m perpetually broke.

I always have to bow down to your greatness with everything you post about how great you are and how great things you achieve over everyone else. You are just amazing.

now, for the normal people... and I play more than i should.  Tier 3 is out of my reach.  I will not be able to earn enough of the PaP or influence in normal play of task forces and incarnate to have the opportunity cost be worth getting them.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ice Ember said:

I always have to bow down to your greatness with everything you post about how great you are and how great things you achieve over everyone else. You are just amazing.

now, for the normal people... and I play more than i should.  Tier 3 is out of my reach.  I will not be able to earn enough of the PaP or influence in normal play of task forces and incarnate to have the opportunity cost be worth getting them.

I just said a T3 costs less than many complete IO builds. Most posters here seem to talk about how IO’s aren’t out of reach like they were on live, so why is a T3 out of reach? Do you have IO’s on your characters?

2 hours ago, arcane said:

I just said a T3 costs less than many complete IO builds. Most posters here seem to talk about how IO’s aren’t out of reach like they were on live, so why is a T3 out of reach? Do you have IO’s on your characters?

Maxing out a character with IO sets is something that can be done over time, rather than in one single expenditure, so it doesn't *feel* as expensive. I suspect that's the root of some of the complaints. Personally, I have no issue with there being some ludicrously expensive cosmetics, just an observation on where some of the objections may be coming from. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kenlon said:

Maxing out a character with IO sets is something that can be done over time, rather than in one single expenditure, so it doesn't *feel* as expensive. I suspect that's the root of some of the complaints. Personally, I have no issue with there being some ludicrously expensive cosmetics, just an observation on where some of the objections may be coming from. 

Yep.  And in my case, I have rarely spent more than 100 million via the AH on a character since i've done more via collecting, crafting, etc...  I do have some pretty expensive builds, it's just the way I tend to work.

On 2/6/2024 at 10:13 AM, arcane said:

I do have IO builds on multiple characters.

They are benefit to playing.  Costumes are not.

Opportunity cost.

And, not every build is stupid expensive.  Between drops and converters many of my builds are cheap, especially since I dont use Winter Sets on everything.  Even transferring hero merits I am reluctant to drop them for winter sets. 

I get you have much more time to play this game than I do.  Again, opportunity costs. 

So, when it comes to outfitting another character to play or have a special aura or mini mode... I will pass on the glam.  I would rather do a TF or play a new concept.  I have many characters that will never get IO's because the cost of getting them or playing something better that is already spec'd out.

To points of feedback:

1. Thank you thank you THANK YOU for adding previews of these characters. I have always been scared when buying costumes that I'd buy the wrong one, and finding the right page on the homecoming wiki to see what each looked like was cumbersome.
  2. At some point, can we get civilian NPC costumes? I'd use the HECK outta them, for either an 'in disguise' or mild-mannered secret identity. (Especially if I could choose a specific NPC model, and match costumes to it!)
  • Thumbs Up 2