Pavel Garnier will not give me the "The Vahzilok Plague" story arc

carroto

According to the wiki Pavel Garnier is one of the contacts who gives this arc.  I did get the Plague Stopper badge mission from him but he won't give me the story arc.  I am currently level 17.  I did all of his missions at 16 until he wouldn't give me any more.  When I leveled to 17 he gave me the "Interrogate some Outcasts on the street" mision, which is listed as 17-20 on the wiki.  Then nothing more again.

I only have one book (story arc) open at the moment from Twinshot and nothing else, so I'm not at my limit.

This happens to me from time to time with lower level contacts where they just won't offer their story arc.  Anyone know why and what might be done about it?

• Game Master
1 hour ago, carroto said:

According to the wiki Pavel Garnier is one of the contacts who gives this arc.  I did get the Plague Stopper badge mission from him but he won't give me the story arc.  I am currently level 17.  I did all of his missions at 16 until he wouldn't give me any more.  When I leveled to 17 he gave me the "Interrogate some Outcasts on the street" mision, which is listed as 17-20 on the wiki.  Then nothing more again.

I only have one book (story arc) open at the moment from Twinshot and nothing else, so I'm not at my limit.

This happens to me from time to time with lower level contacts where they just won't offer their story arc.  Anyone know why and what might be done about it?

Does he offer you missions? Then you can abandon and redo until you get the ones you want. Or you can do it through Ouroboros if that isn't working

3 hours ago, carroto said:

No I've done every single one of his non-arc missions so he's offering me nothing now.

...and I double-checked my souvenirs to make sure I hadn't done the arc and just somehow forgot.  Not there.

I checked my notes on:

"15-19 contacts

Mutant in a surprise twist (see Science above), the Vazh become the target of the Mutation origin arc. Julianna Nehring has the same story arcs at Olivia Chung, so this character should get the Dr Vazh mission at the end of the arc. The mutation character contracted the Vahzilok Wasting Disease https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Vahzilok_Wasting_Disease and is definitely going to be facing Dr Vahzilok within the next mission or two. Character has the mission to defeat Dr Vazh at level 16."

Some of the Origin stuff seem to have been broken when they were in the process of funneling content.

It looks like Pavel Garnier has the same missions as the other Mutation Origin contacts in that level range per wiki.

Is your character Mutation origin?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Have u maybe already 3 arcs open? If that so u wont get more... have to finish one of the open 3 first.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

3 hours ago, carroto said:

Yes but I don't see why that should matter.

I don't see a reason either, but it can help narrow down the possible causes.

Do you remember what the last mission he gave you was? 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Pavel_Garnier

Edited by UltraAlt

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

Do you remember what the last mission he gave you was?

As I said in the OP, it was "Interrogate some Outcasts on the street".  This was offered only after I hit level 17, which fits what the wiki says (17-20 level range on that mission).

Previously I did all of his non-arc missions that were offered at level 16 but I don't remember what the last one was.

Okay I've tried everything I could think of and I guess it's time to give up.  Seems to be a bug in the game that I'll just have to live with.

I downloaded the source code to the i25 version of the game from Ourodev and spent some time poking around to see if I could find any possible cause.  I am aware it might be futile since there have been a ton of changes on HC since that version, but I was hoping maybe that code might be untouched.  I have no idea if that's the case of course but I decided to take a shot.  Of course there was nothing obvious and I kind of hit a wall anyway since I don't have any way to examine my character data which could potentially be the issue; if it got into some invalid state looking at the code won't tell me that.

I don't see any missions or arcs in the game data related to that character that has a lower level limit of 19 so I don't know why he's telling me to come back at 19, but I guess I'll see.  Maybe it's just a contact introduction.

I tried changing my alignment from Vigilante to Hero but that didn't change anything.  I'm out of ideas so I guess it's time to stop leaving that character idle, move on and just accept there's no way to get that arc.  There's always Ouroboros but I prefer to do certain arcs on the way up.  Not the end of the world.  I've run into this same bug on other characters before with other low-level contacts so I guess as I said it's time to just accept this bug and move on whenever it rears up and shows itself.

On 11/23/2023 at 1:28 PM, carroto said:

As I said in the OP, it was "Interrogate some Outcasts on the street".  This was offered only after I hit level 17, which fits what the wiki says (17-20 level range on that mission).

Previously I did all of his non-arc missions that were offered at level 16 but I don't remember what the last one was.

Do you remember doing any of these?

6.3 Go to Faultline and stop the Vahzilok raids (14-19)

6.4 Rescue the auction house workers (15-16)

6.5 Hit the streets and cull the numbers of the Vahzilok (15-19)

6.6 Recover the Talisman of Jiang Li (15-19)

6.7 Defeat Outcasts in Steel Canyon (15-20)

6.8 Recover the tome from the Vahzilok (15-20)

And, I guess I should ask, did you character catch https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Vahzilok_Wasting_Disease ?

Edited by UltraAlt

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

Do you remember doing any of these?

I don't specifically remember, I just know I did a bunch of non-arc missions trying to get the arc.  Normally I will accept a mission, then abandon it, accept another, abandon, etc. until I get the arc started, but the arc just wouldn't start so I finally decided to just do all the non-arc missions so there would be no other choice.  Apparently there still is a choice, no arc.

As you can see here, he's not in my active contacts.

image.thumb.png.8718758044fd3cc6ddeb11d70edad887.png

But I haven't completed the arc, no souvenir.

image.thumb.png.b74cb0adf2f7ff615c1b17e185c4697d.png

On 11/28/2023 at 5:51 AM, carroto said:

I don't specifically remember, I just know I did a bunch of non-arc missions trying to get the arc.  Normally I will accept a mission, then abandon it, accept another, abandon, etc. until I get the arc started, but the arc just wouldn't start so I finally decided to just do all the non-arc missions so there would be no other choice.  Apparently there still is a choice, no arc.

As you can see here, he's not in my active contacts.

I don't think that there are any missions in this contact chain that has a failure option.

That's why I was asking about the getting the Vazh Disease. Possibly bypassing that could have counted it as a mission failure.

As I indicated, my Mutant Origin character had the Dr Vazh mission at level 16.

Usually, when a contact goes dormant before their final level, they will reactivate a level or two later, at the last level, or, in some really rare cases, the level after they stop giving out missions (I think I documented these when they happened in the Origin Quest thread).

My Mutant character's contact for the Dr Vazh mission was Julianna Nehring.

I had thought the Dr Vazh was going to be encountered through the Science Origin path.

If I remember correctly, someone else posted that they had a character that had the Dr Vazh mission through Olivia Chung.

Your Mutation characters Mutation contact shows the same missions as the two of these, so, yeah, I haven't encountered a break in the contacts mission flow like this yet myself, so I'm curious to what caused it.

• 5 weeks later