Claws/Invuln?

RoseNoelThorne

Here's the data chunk, since Mids export STILL DOES NOT WORK.

Claws/Invuln

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

• Thanks 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

43 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Invuln is relatively easy.
Jumping is what I normally spec for a travel power, when I feel the need to have something more than Ninja (or whatever) run.

build exactly as this person says.  literally wrote the book on invul

2 hours ago, Thrax said:

And you're a brute, take taunt.

In some cases, sure.

Again, as I said, you can flex it in a bunch of diffferent directions.

And I'm sorry, Unstop is still a delayed suicide button.
You're better off augmenting your Defenses and Resists in other ways.

But if you want to go that way, the build still provides you with options.

As for "Crazy Short Of Perma"

Crippling your Defense/Resists to move faster.

"I can do EVERYTHING FASTER THAN YOU!"

"Including die....?

• Like 2

Hasten 25 seconds from perma is dumb. Slotting kick with the recharge proc makes the build look good on paper but is stupid. If you’re using otherwise unslotted kick it will miss more that it will proc. That is 25 seconds of having a different attack chain. Putting stuff in quotes that nobody said is really weird.

3 hours ago, Thraxen said:

Hasten 25 seconds from perma is dumb. Slotting kick with the recharge proc makes the build look good on paper but is stupid. If you’re using otherwise unslotted kick it will miss more that it will proc. That is 25 seconds of having a different attack chain. Putting stuff in quotes that nobody said is really weird.

What will REALLY bake your noodle.

Kick really is NOT meant to be used.

It's really only there to access Tough and Weave.
Even if it's mostly useless, it bows to a basic tenet that the power and should have some urge towards uti8lity.

Punch really doesn't have any beyond "Proc For Something like damage."

And you're still ignoring that build priorities don't have to agree with your basic ideology.

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Thraxen said:

Yeah I was too mean there. Sorry. I would just get perma hasten for more follow up stacking goodness. 

It's okay.

It's a great game with lots of options.
And lots of opinions about "best".

Hell, even Statesman had some odd notions that the majority of the game should be handled in street sweeping....😳

We've learned a few things since then.

Even GMs aren't infallible.
NCSoft goofed by shuttering the game.
And when it comes to Invuln Tanks, Hyperstrike is ALWAYS RIGHT!

Keep all of that in mind and it's all good!  😁😁😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thraxen said:

Yeah I was too mean there. Sorry. I would just get perma hasten for more follow up stacking goodness. 

Ton of respect to you for this follow up. Rare to see that in online settings.

-------

Cool build Hyper. Only thing I wondered about, aside from some of things mentioned above, is that Dull Pain has a pretty minimal slotting. Since we don't know what Rose's playing level and playing style are and since you've provided a build that puts emphasis on damage mitigation -- passive mitigation in particular -- would you want to throw another slot or two from somewhere else into Dull Pain to continue to emphasis that mitigation? Might be the only thing I'd consider, as that HP boost is nontrivial. Again, this is absent any knowledge of Rose's (the OP's) style, experience/level, and preferences.

58 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

...Hell, even Statesman had some odd notions that the majority of the game should be handled in street sweeping....😳

We've learned a few things since then...

Those were the days... 😎

----------

Cool thread for a classic powerset combination. 👍

I’ve got two invul scraps, one my main.  Two claws scraps. Don’t have claws and inv to together. I think I can get you a solid build with perma haste and taunt. I’ll give it a whirl this afternoon. Brutes without taunt make me sad when I team with them. And claws without double stacked follow up and perma hasten miss out on some crazy st and aoe attach chains. 

Claw/inv scrapper was one of my mains on Live for a long time. Shiny, tough enough to tank, great taunt aura. I've been giving time to stuff i haven't played on Live, but maybe I'll retread this combo. There's nothing to do but claw with this build! 

14 hours ago, Avocado said:

Cool build Hyper. Only thing I wondered about, aside from some of things mentioned above, is that Dull Pain has a pretty minimal slotting. Since we don't know what Rose's playing level and playing style are and since you've provided a build that puts emphasis on damage mitigation -- passive mitigation in particular -- would you want to throw another slot or two from somewhere else into Dull Pain to continue to emphasis that mitigation? Might be the only thing I'd consider, as that HP boost is nontrivial. Again, this is absent any knowledge of Rose's (the OP's) style, experience/level, and preferences.

Generally, with a bit of minimal +Rech, the default works well enough for the durability with the small rregen bump.

If you want a little more stick the Preventative Medicine in there.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Thraxen said:

One dude within range of invincibility has s/l softcapped.  Barrier has rest there aside from psi and toxic. Unstoppable caps rest of resist. It’s by no means needed but comes I. Handy here and there. 

We also haven' the Alpha slot.  +Def?  +Res?

If you really want to see how absolutely durability, look at the "Mo Durable" variant.

• Like 1

That build is incanated on.  It has almost perma hasten. Alpha is available in build  And when you look at the real recharge numbers of the build they will be accurate.  Agility core.  didnt' bother with the rest cause they generally personal pref.  

• 1 month later
On 11/26/2023 at 1:44 PM, Grimm2 said:

Claw/inv scrapper was one of my mains on Live for a long time. Shiny, tough enough to tank, great taunt aura. I've been giving time to stuff i haven't played on Live, but maybe I'll retread this combo. There's nothing to do but claw with this build! 

It may be prejudicial.  But I still refer to Unstop as a "delayed suicide button".

It's possible to deliver the same performance (or better) than Unstp.  Dependablly.  Without the massive crash.

5 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

It may be prejudicial.  But I still refer to Unstop as a "delayed suicide button".

It's possible to deliver the same performance (or better) than Unstp.  Dependablly.  Without the massive crash.

I never used Unstoppable; did you mean to quote someone else? 

1 hour ago, Grimm2 said:

I never used Unstoppable; did you mean to quote someone else? 

Sorry, had a similar question elsewhere and I must have brain farted.....

Seriouly, listen at my ears, like a seashell and all you'll here is PBBBT!  PBBBT!  PBBBT!  PBBBT!  PBBBT!