Trying to earn the Gear Smasher badge

HardenHeart

I went to Ouroboros and got a Clockworks mission. Defeated many Boss level Princes that spawn "Gears". afterwards I noticed that the progress meter never came up in the Defeat section of the badge menu. So I went to Skyway and hunted down a Boss level Prince Clockwork and defeated him and the gears he spawned. The gear smasher meter showed up and it states that I have defeated 3. I returned to my Clockwork mission and they still will not register upon defeat. Is this a glitch ?  Original support ticket # 46942 

17013163579636628162291506819793.jpg

Well an update for this topic, the original Mission I was trying to run was defeat the Clockwork King I went and took a different Clockwork mission also from Ouroboros (not an AE mission) and the gears that are spawned from defeating a prince are registering for the badge. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Also a side trip tp Echo: Dark Astoria will do the trick, tons of Princes about mid map on the Eastern side.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

If it's the first mission from Tina McIntyre, I can confirm that the mobs in that mission belong to the 'Psychic Clockwork' villain group, not the 'Clockwork' villain group; the regular Clockwork cap out at level 20 — I remember Positron specifically responding on the live forums in response to someone asking why the Clockwork disappeared after level 20 (except for ambushes); he presented the same argument that has popped up several times in response to questions asking why, say, the Hellions can't be extended to higher level spawns: that they were designed as lower-level mobs, and their powers don't scale and diversify with increasing level the way mobs designed for higher levels do, and that it would take a significant amount of time and work to diversify them to be competitive at higher levels.

I think you can force Clockwork to spawn higher than 20 through upping the difficulty of a mission at the limit of the Clockwork level range, but I don't think you can get them to spawn higher than 25 (level 20 mission, +4 difficulty, and the random ±1 level of spawns in a mission). If the mission level is higher than that, you're getting a different group that won't count towards Gearsmasher.

Edited by srmalloy
Added extreme corner case

There is a low level mission where you have to go get or destroy Gears for your contact. In that mission is a box. The box is destructible but amazingly robust. And as long as that box is not destroyed and you are anywhere near it, it will keep cranking out Gears, and just Gears. You can just stand there and smash Gears until you get the badge and then destroy the box. I wish I could remember the actual mission and contact name though. It is a blue side mission, and low level. That is all I remember about it currently. Sorry.

Edit: It is the "Get a Sample of the Clockwork Pistons" mission available from Wyatt Andersen, Maggie Greene, Jake Montoya, and Colleen Saramago in the 15-19 range. No Clockwork Princes required.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, lemming said:

Echo Faultline and it's quick.

Must not have been quite awake when I said Echo: Dark Astoria, lol. Yep, Echo: Faultline.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• 3 weeks later