IO Sets and Slotting for a 50+ Warshade Tri-Form

1 hour ago, Doomrider said:

26 second mag 3 stun on 10 targets with guaranteed KB

I can't argue with that. Awesome. I have no idea how you got all that with dmg so high, it's 14% higher than if I slot it the same way.

Plugged into Mids on my build with both Mires, my dmg with that slotting in Gravitic Emanation is 275 and my Nova Emanation is 277 with 5 Ragnarok and KB to KD. I'm OP and I'm taking suggestions on my build. Current In-Game Mids build attached.

I'm open to another respec, I've done one already with help from this thread. I'm starved for slots because I'm going for Recharge set bonuses so I don't think I could six slot Gravitic Emanation like this, or even work it into my attack chain, but I would like to see my damage as high as yours. I use Alpha Musculature, Interface Reactive and Hybrid Assault to increase damage as well, but maybe my Mires aren't adding as much +DMG as yours using Obliteration and Armagedon since I slotted those for the recharge time bonus to get perma Eclipse. 

I enhanced every power with Knockback (except Nova Blast) with Sudden Acceleration KB to Knock Down because I want to keep mobs tight for tanks. If I want to stun 10 enemies at once, I stand next to them with Inky Aspec 😉 

VixenOMorph_respec.mbd

40 minutes ago, MadnessAsMuse said:

I can't argue with that. Awesome. I have no idea how you got all that with dmg so high, it's 14% higher than if I slot it the same way.

Plugged into Mids on my build with both Mires, my dmg with that slotting in Gravitic Emanation is 275 and my Nova Emanation is 277 with 5 Ragnarok and KB to KD. I'm OP and I'm taking suggestions on my build. Current In-Game Mids build attached.

I'm open to another respec, I've done one already with help from this thread. I'm starved for slots because I'm going for Recharge set bonuses so I don't think I could six slot Gravitic Emanation like this, or even work it into my attack chain, but I would like to see my damage as high as yours. I use Alpha Musculature, Interface Reactive and Hybrid Assault to increase damage as well, but maybe my Mires aren't adding as much +DMG as yours using Obliteration and Armagedon since I slotted those for the recharge time bonus to get perma Eclipse. 

I enhanced every power with Knockback (except Nova Blast) with Sudden Acceleration KB to Knock Down because I want to keep mobs tight for tanks. If I want to stun 10 enemies at once, I stand next to them with Inky Aspec 😉 

VixenOMorph_respec.mbd 58.84 kB · 0 downloads

You're starved for slots because you're slotting extremely inefficiently. Not because you're going for recharge bonuses.
A few observations on your build:
- Psi res uniques like aegis are a waste. Eclipse will cap you on Psi res. 
which will bring up your total resistance floor instead of just psi.
- Manuevers and Shadow Cloak on a Triform build are of arguably little value, but you've devoted a lot of slots to them. 
- Gravity Well is an attack first, hold second. Essence drain when you have Dwarf Drain is a waste.
- You are already swimming in accuracy bonuses (90% according to your totals) but still slotting 2 acc in Eclipse, which are doing basically nothing for you. That 90% accuracy global your Eclipse will inherit. If you're concerned with Eclipse missing, use Dwarf Mire before firing Eclipse.
- Your single target attacks are criminally under slotted. This is of course felt more when soloing, if you team exclusively it will matter less, but your team will be carrying you hard during AV fights.
-Dark Nova Emanation has no native KB, despite allowing KB enhancements. The sudden acceleration is not converting any KB to KD, because it doesn't have any.
Replace sudden accell with Force Feedback. Many of your aoes can slot it and it can help shore up recharge bonuses by a suprising amount if you play aggresively enough.
- Inky aspect only stuns minions on its own. Its mag 2. Grav Emanation + inky will stun minions, lieutenants and bosses. 
- the extra slot in Dark Nova is a waste. The to-hit from Nova only applies to that form, and like i said, you're already swimming in bonus accuracy.
- You only have mag 4 KB protection, but plenty of locations to slot BotZ. I would suggest doing so.
- Your net endurance recovery is really bad (.82/sec, assuming beast run is off) if you intend on running all those toggles.
- Assault Core is also a bad choice. It gives +dmg and we cap our damage super easy both solo and on a team. Assault Hybrid is better because it grants all attacks energy dmg procs, which still apply even at dmg cap.

Edited by Doomrider
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is really helpful and I'm taking notes.  Thank you.

Take Aegis out of Absorption

Take slot out of Nova

KB to KD out of Nova Emanation, put in Force Feedback +Recharge

Get Assault Hybrid

Agree Essense Drain is a waste. I could take Gravitic emanation at 22.

I could put Hecatomb into Gravity Well, take the Hecatomb and slot out of Dwarf Drain then slot 5 of them into Gravity Well.

I haven't had an issue with knockback using just one BotZ, but I think Dwarf is immune to it.

My endurance recovery is really bad in human form, but it's only a problem around Sappers and their ilk. Since I spend 90% of combat in Kheld forms, I don't have any problems with endurance. It looks bad, especially with Orbiting Death on, but I always recover end faster by switching forms.

I put so many slots in Maneuvers and Shadow Cloak because I had a hard time activating Eclipse without dying in two seconds to 54 mobs. I had to do something, so it sounds overkill conisdering they do nothing 90% of the time

I copied Eclipse and Gravity Well from other builds because I don't know what I'm doing.

My single targets are low because they were second priority to AoEs and survivability. I can't defend that as a good decision, but I stick by AoEs are more important than single target.

Thanks for taking a close look at this. I can see the room to improve.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Doomrider said:

Assault Core is also a bad choice. It gives +dmg and we cap our damage super easy both solo and on a team. Assault Hybrid is better because it grants all attacks energy dmg procs, which still apply even at dmg cap.

Ok, I'll work my way to Assault Total Radial Graft then get Assault Radial Embodiment.

15 hours ago, Doomrider said:

Maneuvers and Shadow Cloak on a Triform build are of arguably little value, but you've devoted a lot of slots to them.

This changes things quite a bit, but I can work with it. If I remove Maneuvers entirely and two slots from Shadow Cloak, I'd still have 20% def on everything.

So my new thought is to trade Maneuvers for Dark Detonation and Essense Drain for Gravitic Emanation, 4 slots each slotted like yours with the Chance for damage types and KB to KD instead of sets. They're redundant, so I'd like advice to differentiate them from my Nova powers - I slotted Absolute Amazement Stun In Gravitic Emanantion.

I don't know how I'll use these yet since I don't even use Ebon Eye as human, maybe setup a changling Macro to fire off both powers at once.

I'm sure there's still plenty of holes in this build, but I can only scratch my head for so long before I come back with what I've worked out with the advice I'm given. Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 193313.png

VixenOMorph_respec3.0.mbd

Posted (edited)

I've

On 3/13/2024 at 8:30 PM, Doomrider said:

you're slotting extremely inefficiently.

Thank you. I worked over the whole build, added Gravitic Emanation and Dark Extraction, removed Maneuvers and Essence Drain.

Removed Resistance enhancements to rely on Eclipse.

Removed Maneuvers which had 6 slots and 4 slots from Shadow Cloak and Weave, recovered 13 slots to put in my single target attacks, Dark Extraction, and Gravitic Emanation.

Removed Accuracy from Eclipse

Slotted Gravity Well for damage instead of hold

Made use of damage procs in many attacks: Ebon Eye, Gravity Well, Gravitic Emanation, Nova Blast, Nova Bolt, Nova Emanation, Dwarf Drain, as well as Force Feeback Chance for Recharge -

This comes at the price of -5.5% def all -33% resistance without Eclipse (need 5 foes instead of 4 to cap all including Toxic and Psionic). -7.5% Recharge (82.5%) before hasten and force feedback procs.

It is still endurance heavy at 2.7/s recovery and 1.75/s use, but in my play I'm in forms 80% if the time with a recovery of 2.95/s and use of only 0.25/s, so it's so little an issue I reject Endurance inspirations. End is the reason I take Orbiting Death last because it was unplayable without proper slotting, but my previous End use was 2.55/s with 2.81/s recovery, so this one is better at least.

I used Dark Extraction in a previous build so I know what to expect now. I'll chain it with Gravity Well so I don't constantly miss on despawning enemies, and I added two Defense bonuses so they might last longer than the recharge rate. Those should fix my main frustrations with the power previously.

I'm sure I'll get more use out of Gravitic Emanation than I did with Essense Drain and the pets should help me while I'm in forms whereas Maneuvers doesn't.

I'll respec once I get some feeback on this. Thank you all.

image.thumb.png.f9fa9843a4ccb7ffff4b321af6790721.png

EDIT: Traded out  Sunless Mire's Avalanche Knockdown Proc for Eradication Energy dmg Proc. 

I'm looking at my Kheldian Enhancements in Nova Det and Dwarf Stirk/Smite. I'm sacrificing damage for recharge time set bonuses because I want perma-Eclipse with under 90 second recharge. I'm at the cap for recharge bonuses so that's as good as it gets and I'm at 127s recharge 90s duration, 98s with Hasten, 89s recharge with Force Feedback+Chance for Recharge, 74s recharge with both. I'd put another FF +Recharge in Nova Emanation because it's part of every attack chain, but missing a proc reduces the dmg math by 50 and that's per target so that's at least 4 targets so 200 less dmg per activation.

Thanks for getting me thinking about damage procs. They're all over the build so I hope I'm using them correctly.

VixenOMorph_respec3.1.mbd

Edited by MadnessAsMuse
Made changes to enhancement in Sunless Mire, asking questions about recharge time set bonuses and procs for Perma Eclipse

On 3/13/2024 at 8:30 PM, Doomrider said:

-Dark Nova Emanation has no native KB, despite allowing KB enhancements. The sudden acceleration is not converting any KB to KD, because it doesn't have any.

I'm going to take your word and slot Bombardment: Fire dmg Proc instead.

I've made more changes since my last post:

Shadow Recall: Changed to Kb reduction

Nova Bolt: Stayed in Ice Mistral's Torment for set acc bonus

Nova Emanation: Keeping Ragnarog for set bonus, adding Res Debuff and Fire Proc because I don't need KB to KD

Sunless Mire: Avalanche Knockdown to Energy dmg Proc

Dwarf Antagonize: The Psi Proc seemed silly and I'm doing some  honest tank work, so my thought is a longer taunt would be better so I went with the Taunt IO. I don't know about this.

Gravity Well: Swapped Neg dmg Proc for Gladiator's Net: End/Rech/Hold, but does something better fit there or does the slot belong somewhere else?

Dark Extraction: Switched pet bonuses from (2) 5% Def to (2) 10% Resist. I could do half and half, 5% def and 10% Resist. All I know it they're fragile.

I wanted to those Accuracy set bonuses so I matched sets in Nova Bolt and Nova Emanation to get to 85% accuracy instead of proc'ing for theoretical damage which doesn't actualize on miss. Both still have a proc, Nova Emanation still has two (res debuff and fire dmg) and Bolt has chance for cold dmg.

I added Winter's Gift: Slow Resistance to Dwarf Step as Laucianna suggested in the Kheldian Guide thread, so I now have 8 mag knockback protection plus 20% slow and 20% TP protection.

I'm looking forward to this respec and for more input before I finalize it. Thank you all, especially Doomrider for the most recent suggestions.

Screenshot 2024-03-22 185611.png

3.3VixenOMorph_respec.mbd

Here is my current (somewhat fresh) Tri-form Warshade (Level 50) build. I took the powers in this order while leveling up. While leveling, I used a Kismet +ToHit in Shadow Cloak. Obviously some different enhancement pieces were used while leveling, and it is necessary to skimp on some slots.

Spoiler

Tri-Form Warshade

Primary Power Set: Umbral Blast

Secondary Power Set: Umbral Aura

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Concealment

------------

Level 1:                 Ebon Eye            

(A) Apocalypse - Damage: Level 50+5

(*) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage (Negative): Level 50

(*) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

Level 1:                 Absorption        

(A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 1:                 Shadow Step    

(A) Jaunt - Endurance/Range: Level 50+5

Level 2:                 Shadow Bolt      

(A) Superior Essence Transfer - Damage/RechargeTime

(*) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime

(*) Superior Essence Transfer - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 4:                 Gravity Shield   

(A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance

(*) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance

Level 6: Dark Nova          

(A) To Hit Buff IO: Level 50+5

Level 6:                 Dark Nova Blast               

(A) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

(*) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

(*) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 6:                 Dark Nova Bolt 

(A) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage

(*) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Damage/Recharge

(*) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Recharge/Form Empowerment

Level 6:                 Dark Nova Emanation   

(A) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime

(*) Superior Essence Transfer - RechargeTime/Global Heal

Level 6:                 Dark Nova Detonation  

(A) Hami-O Nucleolus Exposure: Accuracy/Damage: Level 53

(*) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage (Lethal)

(*) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage (Energy)

(*) Bombardment - Chance of Damage (Fire)

(*) Ice Mistral’s Torment - Chance of Damage (Cold)

(*) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage (Smashing)

Level 8:                 Starless Step     

(A) Gaussian’s: %Build Up

Level 10:              Sunless Mire     

(A) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage: Level 50

(*) Obliteration - Chance of Damage (Smashing)

(*) Eradication - Chance of Damage (Energy)

Level 10:              Shadow Recall  

(A) Blessing of the Zephyr - KB Protection

Level 12:              Dark Detonation              

(A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 14:              Shadow Cloak   

(A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

(*) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance: Level 50+5

(*) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 16:              Penumbral Shield           

(A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance

(*) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance

(*) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime

(*) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 18:              Twilight Shield  

(A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

(*) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance: Level 50+5

(*) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Endurance: Level 50+5

Level 20:              Black Dwarf       

(A) Resist Damage IO: Level 50+5

Level 20:              Black Dwarf Antagonize               

(A) Mocking Beratement - Threat/Recharge: Level 50+5

Level 20:              Black Dwarf Drain            

(A) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing

(*) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Endurance/Heal/HitPoints/Regeneration

(*) Touch of the Nictus - Heal/HitPoints/Regeneration/Recharge

Level 20:              Black Dwarf Mire             

(A) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

(*) Scirocco's Dervish - Chance of Damage (Lethal)

Level 20:              Black Dwarf Smite           

(A) Hecatomb - Damage: Level 50+5

(*) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage (Negative): Level 50

(*) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

Level 20:              Black Dwarf Step             

(A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 20:              Black Dwarf Strike           

(A) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage

(*) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

(*) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance

Level 22:              Gravitic Emanation         

(A) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge: Level 50+5

Level 24:              Dark Extraction

(A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge

(*) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

(*) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge

(*) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage

(*) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up

Level 26:              Quasar 

(A) Fury of the Gladiator - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Fury of the Gladiator - Damage/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Fury of the Gladiator - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 28:              Stygian Circle    

(A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

(*) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime

Level 30:              Shadow Slip       

(A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 32:              Eclipse 

(A) Aegis - Resistance/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Unbreakable Guard - RechargeTime/Resistance: Level 50+5

(*) Performance Shifter - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50+5

Level 35:              Stygian Return 

(A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 38:              Infiltration          

(A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 41:              Maneuvers        

Level 44:              Combat Jumping             

Level 47:              Grant Invisibility              

Level 49:              Stealth 

Level 1: Brawl    

(A) Empty

Level 1: Dark Sustenance             

Level 1: Sprint   

(A) Celerity - +Stealth

Level 2: Rest      

(A) Interrupt IO: Level 50

Level 2: Swift     

(A) Run Speed IO: Level 50+5

Level 2: Hurdle 

(A) Jumping IO: Level 50+5

Level 2: Health  

(A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance

(*) Miracle - +Recovery

Level 2: Stamina               

(A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

(*) Performance Shifter - EndMod

(*) Power Transfer: % Heal

------------

It's been years since I played Kheldians, and much of what follows is unlikely to be new information for experience players... yet I feel compelled to share my thoughts.

I feel like Nova form is a bit of a design trap. All those attacks are soooo sexy when you first get them... and they can help clear missions PDQ, yet...

• Most of them (including Ebon Eye) are single-target
  • They are 100% Negative damage, with not a great scale
  • Knockback (which can get in the way of enjoying the AoE)

The KB on the Nova attacks bothers me not at all. In Nova form, I don't really care if the spawns get split up. Outside of Nova form, I can regroup them. I can vector the KB where I want them to go.

The slight damage, all of the same type, is more problematic.... hence the heavy investment in %damage in Dark Nova Detonation. Dark Nova Emination isn't terrible for %damage, but it was going to hold three pieces of an ATO, and there are better %damage powers available so for the most part I'm not maximizing slot investment in the Dark Nova attacks. I opted to split the ATO into four powers with three slots each... if I trusted myself to always be playing an A-level game and not facing too many tricksy enemies, and wanted to always stay in Dwarf mode for those enemies, I think I maybe could get by without the 3rd-slot bonuses from Essence Transfer (S/L/Mezz resistances)... but this is where I am today.

About those %damage options.... The money-makers (as near as I can tell) are:

1. Black Dwarf Mire
  2. Gravitic Emination (with Stun, which is the only enhance-able Mezz I am leveraging)
  3. Dark Detonation
  4. Sunless Mire
  5. Dark Nova Detonation

Quasar would be an excellent place to put %damage... and it is probably (across all content) a better place for %damage than Sunless Mire.... but frankly I want MOAR PBAoE damage at as low a level as possible. Just about anybody can have nuke at level 26, I like having them at level 14 and below! I also wanted to reinforce myself to want to position to use Sunless Mire for the +ToHit and +Damage bonuses.

My build does not include Hasten. I could trivially include it at level 38... I don't think I'd add a second slot. If I did, I would shuffle one of the %damage pieces from Sunless Mire, and probably make Sunless Mire my 5th 10% Global +Recharge bonus (Armageddon, also more Accuracy). This build already runs HOT (burns Endurance) outside of Nova form, and I find that I have enough to do without MOAR Recharge that even when I find myself (solo) waiting for a specific power (e.g. Dark Extraction) I don't think Hasten would radically improve my Quality-of-Life... except when it comes to trying for a perma-Eclipse. This is 100% about me - but I don't like chasing perma-Hasten because (in my headspace) it feels like I'm making slotting choices to get perma-Hasten instead of making slotting choices to make the character play in a way that support a character-specific style of play.

This build was more-or-less tricked out using leftover/archived enhancement pieces and merits (so many boosters!)... so I guess it could look expensive but it probably had a net cost of under 100M. The pieces I'd include if I felt like burning Influence might be D-Sync Provocations Threat/Accuracy/Recharge D-Sync in Shadow Slip... another power that would benefit from having Hasten in play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tidge said:

Level 6: Dark Nova          

(A) To Hit Buff IO: Level 50+5

5 hours ago, tidge said:

Level 8:                 Starless Step     

(A) Gaussian’s: %Build Up

I'm interested in these because I did it backwards to you. Do you find the ToHit bonus in Nova more useful than Build up? I admit don't know how this proc works, but I can see how Build up would help a Starless Step > Sunless Mire > Quasar combo. I figured I'm in and out of Nova in most fights if it procs while in nova or just while switching I'm guaranteed to get it some of the time, whereas Starless Step for me starts a fight but I only use it for Gravity Well after that.

5 hours ago, tidge said:

Sunless Mire     

(A) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage: Level 50

5 hours ago, tidge said:

I also wanted to reinforce myself to want to position to use Sunless Mire for the +ToHit and +Damage bonuses.

I see your point about slotting for proc damage over dmg%. I don't see it as an attack at all currently as I slotted it for Acc and Recharge bonuses and chance to Knockdown, but I'm reconsidering adding a Energy dmg proc instead of Knockdown since the KD proc is only 0.67 Mag and the dmg proc is 90% likely with the recharge time of Sunless Mire.

5 hours ago, tidge said:

My build does not include Hasten... I don't think Hasten would radically improve my Quality-of-Life... except when it comes to trying for a perma-Eclipse. This is 100% about me - but I don't like chasing perma-Hasten because (in my headspace) it feels like I'm making slotting choices to get perma-Hasten instead of making slotting choices to make the character play in a way that support a character-specific style of play.

Gasp. How's your recharge on Eclipse? I want perm-Eclipse so Hasten is necessary. Like Weave, I tend to take it on every build in the game as there's always a long cooldown power I like. It only needs one extra slot and in my build I found 8/27 powers redundant or unnecessary, but I haven't tried Dark Detonation, or Shadow Blast because they seemed redundant when I have Nova. Hasten is such an easy choice for me in the early game, my only other choice would be to take another Pool power earlier and I'd still end up taking it by 35 for Eclipse. IMO I'm character specific with 4 6-slotted Form powers. Hasten makes every one of those better

5 hours ago, tidge said:

Sunless Mire my 5th 10% Global +Recharge bonus (Armageddon, also more Accuracy)

I run Armageddon in Dwarf Mire because I use it >5x more often than Sunless Mire. Sunless Mire is a first strike buff when the mob is grouped, popped right after Eclipse. Then dwarf mire, then Quasar, then Nova Det and Emanation, back to Dwarf Mire, rinse and repeat Dwarf Mire every 9 seconds between Nova attacks and Gravity Well. I'm looking forward to respec with Gravitic Emanation, haven't tried it yet.

10 minutes ago, MadnessAsMuse said:

I'm interested in these because I did it backwards to you. Do you find the ToHit bonus in Nova more useful than Build up? I admit don't know how this proc works, but I can see how Build up would help a Starless Step > Sunless Mire > Quasar combo. I figured I'm in and out of Nova in most fights if it procs while in nova or just while switching I'm guaranteed to get it some of the time, whereas Starless Step for me starts a fight but I only use it for Gravity Well after that.

Gasp. How's your recharge on Eclipse? I want perm-Eclipse so Hasten is necessary. Like Weave, I tend to take it on every build in the game as there's always a long cooldown power I like. It only needs one extra slot and in my build I found 8/27 powers redundant or unnecessary, but I haven't tried Dark Detonation, or Shadow Blast because they seemed redundant when I have Nova. Hasten is such an easy choice for me in the early game, my only other choice would be to take another Pool power earlier and I'd still end up taking it by 35 for Eclipse. IMO I'm character specific with 4 6-slotted Form powers. Hasten makes every one of those better

The %BuildUp generally isn't good in either spot... In the toggle, it should fire per the formula using a 10-second recharge. I can see it fire in Starless Step, but I don't use Starless Step al that much... unless I am in Human Form (obviously) and jumping into a fresh group... or if I feel like I may need a +ToHit bonus (because debuffs). I don't know what would go in the recharge formula for Starless Step, but I'm seeing it trigger around 1-of-3 uses.

10 minutes ago, MadnessAsMuse said:

At 50, with no recharge effects in play except what is slotted, I think my time on Eclipse is 1:48. If I was human-only, this would be bad... but with such a weakness to mezz (outside of Dwarf form) I find myself spending about half of every large-spawn fight in Dwarf form... I end up with a sort of clock to work with before I lose the Eclipse bonuses.

I am trying to noodle a human-only Warshade, but I feel like I would have to compromise so much to get (positional) defenses and/or mezz protection that I would end up (my opinion) a sort of inferior Blaster. Bi-forms (Human & Warshade) feels much more natural to me... so my posted build is basically what I want from a Bi-form, but with the added advantage of having Nova when I want to pew-pew with almost no Endurance concerns. Nova form is my least favorite of the forms; I think it is only the rapid fire option that has me liking it.

In my head, when I think about a human-only WS, I end up think of using pools to cover deficiencies, and I would need so many pool powers that I feel I would be missing out on what I like about a Warshade (fun power choices, based on form):

• Hasten to get "perma" Eclipse, plus better recharge on all (ultimately, few) attacks
  • Boxing/Tough/Weave to get Defense
  • Maneuvers to get more Defense
  • Concealment to get more LotG Mules
  • ... and do I want to try for Rune of Protection for the inevitable Mezz?

By my rough count, this is at least 5 pool powers... and then once I have Hasten going, I need to consider post-Accolade Endurance management via +MaxEnd, Endurance Discounts, etc. ... at this point (in my mind, no one else's!) I feel like I'm not building a Warshade anymore, I'm juggling Enhancments. <- Others don't go this crazy, but once I focus on a hole, I try to patch it!

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, tidge said:

At 50, with no recharge effects in play except what is slotted, I think my time on Eclipse is 1:48

WOW, without Hasten that's great. W/o Hasten I'm at 2:07 and I slotted my whole build for recharge. I'd love to see that. I looked over your slotting and I can't math out how that adds up to 1:48. I'm at -152.5% recharge in this Mids build and all capped on 10% recharge reduction.

7 hours ago, tidge said:

I am trying to noodle a human-only Warshade, but I feel like I would have to compromise so much to get (positional) defenses and/or mezz protection that I would end up (my opinion) a sort of inferior Blaster.

I agree with this opinion. You get a few neat tricks but I think it's more of a handicap for those who like the challenge than an optimal or even fun strategy.

7 hours ago, tidge said:

do I want to try for Rune of Protection for the inevitable Mezz

At that point, I just got Destiny Clarion

Edited by MadnessAsMuse
50+5 IOs are made with Enhancement Boosters from Merit Vendors

I buy Enhancement Boosters with merits (at a Merit vendor), I think the conversion is something like 25 Merits = 5 boosters. You can combine a Booster with an unattuned Enhancement, up to +5. The drawback of boosting is that you will lose set bonuses if you exemplar more than 3 levels below the level of the enhancement. PVP and Very Rare IOs can be boosted, and you don't lose set bonuses as you exemplar down.

Hami-O and D-Syncs have to be combined; they can go up to level 53.

I typically boost level 50s:

• PVP and Very Rares... except for those pieces with Recharge in powers with inherent recharge times below 20 seconds if %procs are also in those powers
  • Common IOs (no set bonuses to worry about)
  • Singleton pieces, where there is no set bonus
  • Pieces in sets where I don't care about the set bonus for content below level 47

So in the build above, I boosted three different pieces in Eclipse, 2x Resistance/Recharge and 1x Accuracy/Recharge. This is past the point of diminishing returns, but every little bit helps even with Enhancement Diversification... the math should be something like 99% recharge -> 94% recharge. I don't believe that Resistance has hit the ED limit (>=40%), and for sure Accuracy has not (>=70%).

There should be 4x+10% recharge buffs, 5x LotGs, and a buff from the Recharge Pet set for global bonuses for 83.75% global recharge. It would be tricky, but not impossible to do slight modifications to my build to get perma-Hasten (modulo slows, and having to be in human form):

• Drop one of the LotG mule powers, replace it with Hasten (loss of 7.5%)
  • Move two slots from a Superior Kheldian's Grace to go from two 3-slots to one 5-slot (gain of 10%, last possible)... or you could swap several %damage and get the 5th 10% in either Sunless Mire (via Armageddon) or Gravitic Emination (via Absolute Amazement)
  • Pull two slots of Soulbound Allegiance from Dark Extraction, one goes to Hasten (making it 2-slotted), one goes to Shadow Cloak for a LotG (gain of 7.5%)

This is where things get really tricky... because 93.75% is below the 95% needed for perma-Hasten. Personally, I'd stop right there because I couldn't guarantee I'd be in human form when Hasten expires... and I have several other powers I want to click first while in human form! The last little bit could come from a 90-minute SG base buff, or Gravitic Emination could be swapped for Gravity Well, I'd then 5-slot Gladiatior's Net (7.5% Recharge) plus and Unbreakable Constraint %damage. As I wrote elsewhere: I'd hate to replace an AoE Damage or Stun with a single-target Hold.

The 1:48 time is what I was getting while in a solo level 45 flashback, I don't think I had any temp buffs in play. Some folks recommend Force Feedback %+Recharge pieces (yay Knockback!) but I'd rather get a chance at more insta-damage than a chance at a 10-second global recharge buff. My thinking is: more recharge = more opportunities to burn Endurance, more damage may mean fewer attacks = less Endurance burn.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, tidge said:

PVP and Very Rare IOs can be boosted, and you don't lose set bonuses as you exemplar down.

I didn't know that. I attuned every one of my enhancements except basic Inventions which I pan to +5 all of them except Rest and Brawl since those exemplar down afaik. Most my content is 50+ but I like the option to exemplar.

I can see how boosting the recharge enhancements in Eclipse would bring that recharge lower than I have without Hasten and FF +Recharge. I only have 82% global recharge without them and I don't see where to get more as I capped out 10% bonuses, except to grab Maneuvers and Stealth the the LotG +7.5%. 

17 hours ago, tidge said:

I have several other powers I want to click first while in human form!

If you run Hasten on Auto you don't have to click it :] And it's once every two minutes. You can pop auto in human form it while traveling to the next mob and just hakkuna matata the timing as it's all a wash until an AV appears, IMHO. I can't recall a time Auto-Hasten interrupted a critical Eclipse- it seems to wait patiently behind my queued attacks.

I run a few binds to keep all my toggles up so I have fewer things to click. For WASD:

W "+forward$$powexec_toggleON TOUGH$$powexec_toggleON GRAVITY SHIELD$$powexec_toggleON SHADOW CLOAK$$powexec_toggleON WEAVE$$powexec_toggleON COMBAT JUMPING$$powexec_toggleon SPRINT"

You'll run out of characters if you take Penumbral and Twilight, but you can put those on S/A to split them up.

To save End, I turn most of them off while I TP

BUTTON4 "powexec_location cursor shadow step$$powexec_toggleOFF BEAST RUN$$powexec_toggleOFF SPRINT$$powexec_toggleOFF Gravity Shield$$powexec_toggleOFF TOUGH$$powexec_toggleOFF Inky Aspect$$powexec_toggleOFF Orbiting Death"

I keep Weave and Combat Jumping on just in case, and character limit. I like to turn off toggles with FX when I can for aesthetics.

Then since these are turned off when I TP (I turn them off for End and to not attract aggro, they stay on with Starless Step)

V "+$$Powexec_toggleON INKY ASPECT$$powexec_toggleON ORBITING DEATH$$Powexec_toggleON INKY ASPECT"

This turns them both on with the same press, or just Inky Aspect with a quick press. Orbiting Death is an End pig.

SHIFT+V "Powexec_toggleOFF ORBITING DEATH$$Powexec_toggleOFF INKY ASPECT"

You didn't ask for toggle binds, but who knows who finds this thread!

Edited by MadnessAsMuse

@tidge, I put together an MRB file for your build above.  Interesting build.  Will eventually need a good Warshade Tri-Form build, but doing that is a ways off, with many more builds for other toons needing attention before that.

Discovered 1 odd thing, L12 Dark Detonation had 2x Positron's Blast Change of Damage (Energy).  Replaced the second one with a Ice Mistral’s Torment - Chance of Damage (Cold).

Warshade.20240323.Tri-Form [i27p7] @tidge - Tri-Form Warshade.mbd

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Jacke Your work on @tidge's build helped me out too. I'm seeing even higher damage output numbers and I'm excited to give Gravitric Emanation a shot as a stun/proc mule.

I used your slotting for Dark Nova Detonation with Nucleolus Exposure. I always forget about those.

I'd love for anyone to take a look at it before I respec. @Doomrider you helped a lot as well. I feel like there's just the finishing audit and adjustments to get this build ready.

Compared to my original build in this thread, I've sacrificed some Rech, Def, and Acc for a lot more base and Proc damage. I don't know about how well I can rely on damage procs, but Mids says its a big improvement.

I feel like with the powerhouse Gravity Well can be slotted with Hecatomb, I should be able to combo it with Dark Extraction and never worry about the despawn issue again like I did using ranged attacks.

Spoiler

This build was created with Mids' Reborn v3.6.6 Rev. 3

Using the Homecoming database v2024.2.717

Level 1: Ebon Eye

• Slot Level 1: Gladiator's Javelin: Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • Slot Level 31: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 31: Impeded Swiftness: Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • Slot Level 31: Decimation: Chance of Build Up

Level 1: Absorption

• Slot Level 1: Steadfast Protection: Resistance/+Def 3%
  • Slot Level 33: Steadfast Protection: Knockback Protection

Level 2: Gravity Shield

• Slot Level 2: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 4: Dark Nova

• Slot Level 4: Invention: To Hit Buff

Level 6: Hasten

• Slot Level 6: Invention: Recharge Reduction
  • Slot Level 34: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 8: Starless Step

• Slot Level 8: Invention: To Hit Buff

Level 10: Sunless Mire

• Slot Level 10: Obliteration: Damage
  • Slot Level 34: Obliteration: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 36: Obliteration: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 36: Obliteration: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • Slot Level 36: Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • Slot Level 37: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up

Level 12: Kick

• Slot Level 12: Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge

Level 14: Shadow Cloak

• Slot Level 14: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 16: Gravity Well

• Slot Level 16: Hecatomb: Damage
  • Slot Level 37: Hecatomb: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 37: Hecatomb: Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 39: Hecatomb: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 39: Hecatomb: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • Slot Level 39: Touch of Death: Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 18: Tough

• Slot Level 18: Impervious Skin: Status Resistance/Regeneration

Level 20: Black Dwarf

• Slot Level 20: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End

Level 22: Weave

• Slot Level 22: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • Slot Level 40: Kismet: Accuracy +6%

Level 24: Dark Extraction

• Slot Level 24: Sovereign Right: Resistance Bonus
  • Slot Level 40: Expedient Reinforcement: Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
  • Slot Level 40: Soulbound Allegiance: Damage
  • Slot Level 42: Soulbound Allegiance: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 42: Soulbound Allegiance: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 42: Soulbound Allegiance: Chance for Build Up

Level 26: Quasar

• Slot Level 26: Armageddon: Damage
  • Slot Level 43: Armageddon: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 43: Armageddon: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 43: Armageddon: Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 45: Armageddon: Chance for Fire Damage
  • Slot Level 45: Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown

Level 28: Gravitic Emanation

• Slot Level 28: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • Slot Level 45: Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage
  • Slot Level 46: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 46: Absolute Amazement: Stun/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 46: Absolute Amazement: Stun
  • Slot Level 47: Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown

Level 30: Stygian Circle

• Slot Level 30: Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb

Level 32: Eclipse

• Slot Level 32: Gladiator's Armor: Resistance
  • Slot Level 47: Gladiator's Armor: Recharge/Resist
  • Slot Level 47: Unbreakable Guard: +Max HP
  • Slot Level 48: Unbreakable Guard: RechargeTime/Resistance
  • Slot Level 48: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 35: Super Speed

• Slot Level 35: Celerity: +Stealth

Level 38: Stygian Return

• Slot Level 38: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 41: Combat Jumping

• Slot Level 41: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 44: Shadow Slip

• Slot Level 44: Invention: Accuracy

Level 47: Inky Aspect

• Slot Level 47: Endoplasm Exposure

Level 49: Orbiting Death

• Slot Level 49: Overwhelming Force: Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • Slot Level 49: Invention: Endurance Reduction

Inherent Powers

Brawl:

• Slot Level 1: Invention: Damage Increase

Sprint:

• Slot Level 1: Invention: Run Speed

Rest:

• Slot Level 2: Invention: Interrupt Reduction

Swift:

• Slot Level 2: Invention: Run Speed

Hurdle:

• Slot Level 2: Invention: Jumping

Health:

• Slot Level 2: Miracle: +Recovery
  • Slot Level 33: Numina's Convalesence: +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • Slot Level 33: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance

Stamina:

• Slot Level 2: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End
  • Slot Level 34: Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self

Shadow Step:

• Slot Level 1: Jaunt: Range

Shadow Recall:

• Slot Level 10: Blessing of the Zephyr: Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Dark Nova Blast:

• Slot Level 6: Apocalypse: Damage
  • Slot Level 3: Apocalypse: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • Slot Level 3: Apocalypse: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 5: Apocalypse: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 5: Apocalypse: Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 7: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage

Dark Nova Bolt:

• Slot Level 6: Superior Kheldian's Grace: Recharge/Form Empowerment
  • Slot Level 7: Superior Kheldian's Grace: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • Slot Level 9: Superior Kheldian's Grace: Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Dark Nova Detonation:

• Slot Level 6: Nucleolus Exposure
  • Slot Level 9: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • Slot Level 11: Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage
  • Slot Level 11: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 13: Explosive Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • Slot Level 13: Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown

Dark Nova Emanation:

• Slot Level 6: Ragnarok: Damage
  • Slot Level 15: Ragnarok: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 15: Ragnarok: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 17: Ragnarok: Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 17: Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge
  • Slot Level 19: Annihilation: Chance for Res Debuff

Black Dwarf Antagonize:

• Slot Level 20: Perfect Zinger: Chance for Psi Damage

Black Dwarf Drain:

• Slot Level 20: Touch of the Nictus: Healing/Absorb
  • Slot Level 19: Touch of the Nictus: Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • Slot Level 21: Touch of Death: Chance of Damage(Negative)

Black Dwarf Mire:

• Slot Level 20: Eradication: Chance for Energy Damage
  • Slot Level 21: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 23: Impeded Swiftness: Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • Slot Level 23: Scirocco's Dervish: Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • Slot Level 25: Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • Slot Level 25: Fury of the Gladiator: Chance for Res Debuff

Black Dwarf Smite:

• Slot Level 20: Superior Essence Transfer: Damage/RechargeTime
  • Slot Level 27: Superior Essence Transfer: Accuracy/Damage
  • Slot Level 27: Superior Essence Transfer: RechargeTime/Global Heal

Black Dwarf Step:

• Slot Level 20: Winter's Gift: Slow Resistance (20%)

Black Dwarf Strike:

• Slot Level 20: Superior Essence Transfer: Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • Slot Level 29: Superior Essence Transfer: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • Slot Level 29: Superior Essence Transfer: Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime

Set Bonus Totals

• 20% (0.33 End/sec) Recovery
  • 6% Defense(Melee)
  • 6% Defense(AoE)
  • 6% Defense(Ranged)
  • 6% Defense(Smashing)
  • 6% Defense(Lethal)
  • 6% Defense(Fire)
  • 6% Defense(Cold)
  • 6% Defense(Energy)
  • 6% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Toxic)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • Knockback (Mag -8)
  • Knockup (Mag -8)
  • 100% MezResist(Teleport) (20% chance)
  • 33.25% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 33.25% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 51.25% MezResist(Immobilized)
  • 51.25% MezResist(Held)
  • 51.25% MezResist(Stunned)
  • 51.25% MezResist(Sleep)
  • 51.25% MezResist(Terrorized)
  • 51.25% MezResist(Confused)
  • 38% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 38% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 38% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 38% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 38% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 38% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 38% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 38% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • +69% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • +77.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 43% Resistance(Fire)
  • 43% Resistance(Cold)
  • 57% (2.54 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 25% Resistance(Energy)
  • 25% Resistance(Negative)
  • 25% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 25% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 443.1 HP (41.37%) HitPoints
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance when PreventiveMedicine)
  • 2.5% Enhancement(Endurance Discount)
  • 20% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 20% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 20% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)

Set Bonus Breakdown

Steadfast Protection: Absorption

• 1.5% (0.03 End/sec) Recovery
  • 3% Defense(All)
  • Knockback Protection (Mag 4)

Gladiator's Armor: Gravity Shield

• 3% Defense(All), 100% MezResist(Teleport) (20% chance)

Obliteration: Sunless Mire

• 2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), 3.75% Status Resistance
  • 3% DamageBuff(All)
  • +9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • +5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Luck of the Gambler: Shadow Cloak

• +7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Hecatomb: Gravity Well

• 4% (0.07 End/sec) Recovery
  • 6% Resistance(Fire,Cold), 10% Status Resistance
  • +15% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • +10% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Impervious Skin: Tough

• 7.5% Status Resistance, 25% (1.12 HP/sec) Regeneration

Luck of the Gambler: Weave

Sovereign Right: Dark Extraction

• 10% Resistance(All)

Expedient Reinforcement: Dark Extraction

• 10% Resistance(All)

Soulbound Allegiance: Dark Extraction

• 16% (0.71 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 32.13 HP (3%) HitPoints
  • 4% DamageBuff(All)

Armageddon: Quasar

Absolute Amazement: Gravitic Emanation

Preventive Medicine: Stygian Circle

• GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance when PreventiveMedicine), GrantPower Preventive Medicine

Gladiator's Armor: Eclipse

• 2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery

Unbreakable Guard: Eclipse

• 2.5% Enhancement(EnduranceDiscount)
  • 80.32 HP (7.5%) HitPoints

Luck of the Gambler: Combat Jumping

Blessing of the Zephyr: Shadow Recall

Apocalypse: Dark Nova Blast

• 4% DamageBuff(All)

Superior Kheldian's Grace: Dark Nova Bolt

• 6% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), 10% Status Resistance
  • 5% Resistance(All), 13.5% DamageBuff(All), 107.1 HP (10%) HitPoints

Ragnarok: Dark Nova Emanation

Touch of the Nictus: Black Dwarf Drain

• 20.08 HP (1.87%) HitPoints

Superior Essence Transfer: Black Dwarf Smite

Winter's Gift: Black Dwarf Step

• 20% ResEffect(SpeedRunning), 20% ResEffect(RechargeTime), 20% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)

Superior Essence Transfer: Black Dwarf Strike

•  

3.4VixenOMorph_respec.mbd

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MadnessAsMuse said:

Compared to my original build in this thread, I've sacrificed some Rech, Def, and Acc for a lot more base and Proc damage. I don't know about how well I can rely on damage procs, but Mids says its a big improvement.

I recommend using the Unbreakable Constraint %Smashing or Gladiator's Net %Lethal in Gravity Well, instead of Touch of Death %Negative as the Very Rare and PVP pieces do higher %damage than other pieces. The Very Rare's have an inherently higher %proc chance than the PVPs (4.5 IIRCv 3.5 PPM IIRC). I also try to mix up damage types... every once in a while there will be an enemy group that highly resists the inherent damage type of any character.

As long as powers with a 15+ second inherent recharge time have decent Accuracy slotting, %damage should be reliable. IIRC this is because the %procs also have their own post-hit ToHit check to see if they fire, and that ToHit check... independent of the %proc chance, and the character's ToHit check... is only using the power's slotted Accuracy... this was mentioned a long time ago via code review but it seems to hold true to me. I typically cycle between forms to fire off the PBAoE/AoE, using single target attacks (typically in Dwarf form). Note that the Ebon Eye %proc chances aren't terrible (~40% for a 3.5 PPM?) but without moving slots around I think I'd replace at least one of the pieces with a boosted Accuracy/Damage piece, possibly for a set bonus.

2 hours ago, tidge said:

Unbreakable Constraint %Smashing... in Gravity Well

Done. Touch of Death out.

2 hours ago, tidge said:

Ebon Eye... replace at least one of the pieces with a boosted Accuracy/Damage piece, possibly for a set bonus.

Swapped Ice Mistral Cold proc for Gladiator's Javelin Acc/Dmg for the recovery set bonus. This leaves Smashing in Ebon Eye and Cold proc in Dark Nova Blast

Now Gravitic Emanation, Darl Nova Detonation, and Black Dwarf Mire are all proc'd to the gills, each with Acc around 230%.

2 hours ago, tidge said:

I typically cycle between forms to fire off the PBAoE/AoE, using single target attacks (typically in Dwarf form)

This is exactly how it's done. Once Eclipse, Sunless Mire, Quasar, and Judgment Void are on recharge, I spend most my attack chain between Dwarf Mire, Nova Emanation, and Nova Detonation, then back to Dwarf Mire on repeat until single targets remain. With Haste up, I can cycle between these three with no gaps. Then I Starless Step into Gravity Well on bosses and AVs, and I can finish with Dwarf Smite and Strike if I'm solo or use Nova Blast and Ebon Eye if there's a tank on the team. It's all about adaptability, but keeping Eclipse and Mires up as often as possible is my playstyle. I tend to spend more time in Nova than in Dwarf though.

16 hours ago, MadnessAsMuse said:

@Jacke Your work on @tidge's build helped me out too. I'm seeing even higher damage output numbers and I'm excited to give Gravitric Emanation a shot as a stun/proc mule.

MRB is a vital tool figuring out the balancing of which Powers to pick, where to put the extra Slots, what IO sets to slot where.

But be careful expecting MRB to be correct in all its details.  It has several bugs in its database (many I've reported) and in other ways can't represent the variations that are present in the game (eg. a single power having both autohit and non-autohit effects).  Some of them are very serious and so widespread, it's beyond the ability of the 2 supporters to fix.  The guard against this is looking in City of Data 2, which @UberGuy works very hard to keep up-to-date, and draws its information from the game.  And of course, in-game testing is a more certain judgement on builds.

MRB will eventually be replaced by another tool, likely like CoD2 drawing on the game information more directly, but there's no forecast of when that will be done.  It's 2 volunteers doing this in their spare time, so it will be ready when it's ready.

An example of such an unfixable bug in MRB is that in-game, nearly all Pets do not benefit from their caster's Global buffs, some of them not even from buff auras like Assault, Maneuvers, or Tactics.  Yet in MRB they do.  To give Pets the best performance against tough content (+4L, which to Pets is actually +4L as they don't get the +1L boost from a Alpha T3 or T4), I've got a 2-part workaround for Pets along with checking them out in CoD2 (and this applies to Mastermind's Henchmen too):

• Slot Pet Summons powers with ED-capped Accuracy: ideally 94-96%, at least 91-92%.
  • Check out the Pets' powers in CoD2, especially their Base Accuracy.
    • If all important Pets' powers have at least 1.2 Base Accuracy, ED-capped Accuracy should get them to about 91% final ToHit.
      • Fire Control's Imps have 1 attack, Brawl, with 1.2 Base Accuracy.
      • Dark Miasma/Darkness Affinity's Dark Servant has 2 autohit powers and Twilight Grasp ST debuff PBAoE Heal with 1.2 Base Accuracy.
    • But if some important Pets' Powers have under 1.2 Base Accuracy, then Tactics on any AT even just the base Slot will massively improve their final ToHit.
      • Ice Control's Jack Frost has several attacks, all with 1.0 Base Accuracy.
      • Dark Servant has 2 other powers with 1.0 Base Accuracy, Tenebrous Tentacles cone Mag3 Immob and Petrifying Gaze ST Mag3 Hold.
      • Mastermind Henchmen have a mix of 1.0 and 1.1 Base Accuracy powers.

Someday there will be a better build tool.  Until then, we must be vigilant!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/27/2024 at 12:00 AM, tidge said:

Oh thanks, I certainly don't have two of the same %damage in any power 😉

You're welcome!  As I mentioned, I wanted to get more good Warshade build examples for the time when I work on a Warshade build meself.  All I know for sure at the moment is that it will be Tri-From.

Your build depends heavily on a lot of Damage Procs....

First, I'm not a Dev, I'm a part-time volunteer tester.

I personally do not use heavily Proc'ed builds.  I prefer to pursue IO set bonuses.  In my builds, I most often have 1, maybe 2, very rarely 3 Procs in a Power.

Search for the term "Aprocalypse".  It will come some day.  Some major improvements, need it to happen before they can be completed.

Another thing I've recently discovered is this post from 2019 October by @Galaxy Brain, Tester and Data Extractor Extraordinaire!

Galaxy Brain's Common Resist Breakdown

Amongst the mobs, at least as they were in 2019 October, on average, Negative Energy Damage is the least resisted.  There may be a few cases of strong N Resists, and the overall state of affairs may have changed,  But this is welcome news to Dark Powerset lovers like meself.  😺

Edited by Jacke

4 hours ago, Jacke said:

You're welcome!  As I mentioned, I wanted to get more good Warshade build examples for the time when I work on a Warshade build meself.  All I know for sure at the moment is that it will be Tri-From.

Your build depends heavily on a lot of Damage Procs....

Obviously players should follow their own path. I leaned on %damage for several reasons:

1) As a tri-form, I knew I was going to have a LOT of attacks and I knew I wouldn't be able to 5-slot them all... or build a single "attack chain" that made sense to rely on a complete-ish enhancment set... so as a compromise I (mostly) picked the 3-slot bonuses that I felt were optimal and reserved 5+ slots for attacks that I felt I was going to get the most use out of.  The Very Rare sets slotted with 5 pieces use a %damage piece because the little bit of ED damage (and/or recharge) didn't add much enhancement to the particular power.

Of course more from set bonuses would always be good, as a practical matter I don't want more recharge (and if I did, I'd put a one-slot Hasten in the build late), and the little bit more I could get in terms of global additions to resists/defenses wouldn't make that much of a difference considering where the build is now. The one global bonus I did try to chase more than usual was Slow resists.

1b) The tri-form is why I took both Ebon Eye and Shadow Bolt. I had planned to replace one with Shadow Blast, but I'd still only have the same number of slots... so I opted to take the two powers that would carry over from Human to Dwarf/Nova forms. I'm really not crazy about single-target controls, especially ones I can't stack.

2) Most of the WS attacks are skimpy enough with base damage that adding 72 or 107 extra damage, especially in AoE, feels like a better yield than trying to enhance damage.

3) With Quantums in the game, I wanted the %proc damage such that it takes fewer hits (of attacks I will be using anyway) to drop them.

4) I am comfortable with AoE %damage. I find I don't need to be super precise in my targeting to spread the pain.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

OK, I think I've stared at Mids long enough to update. This thread has been a paradigm shift for my build.

There are now 28 dmg procs spread across this build. Accuracy and Recharge are high, defense is only 8% less than my original build while recovering 13 slots to reallocate. Dark Extraction pets are back, Gravity Well and Gravitic Emanation are slotted to attack but still serve as holds and stuns.

Dwarf attacks see the most improvement. Drain is set to average 319dmg, Smite 266dmg, and Mire 252dmg. Ebon Eye also sees improvement with procs and is set to average 195 plus buildup chance (Mids miscalculates Ebon Eye as 44 base damage, it is 77. Same issue with Shadow Bolt). All of these numbers are before Alpha Musculature and Hybrid Assault added in.

Speaking of Build Up, I moved Gaussian's Chance for Buildup to Sunless Mire so it will proc 95% of the time on command. I had it in Dark Nova and it fired off randomly, this gives me control to use build up with Quasar or Gravity Well.

I slotted Aegis Psi/Status resist into Tough because Dwarf has a Psi hole and Mez is no fun. I can't rely on Clarion when I exemplar. Weave has Reactive Scaling Resist which helps with the vulnerability to Psi and Toxic. Eclipse with 5 targets caps resists, but if I only tag 4, I'm at 79% Toxic resist before any scaling, and Black Dwarf without mire will have 13%+(scaling to 20 near death) of Psi resist which is more than the zero Dwarf starts with. Maybe these are bad choices, the math makes sense to me. I don't know if these slots in Tough and Weave even carry into Dwarf, if they're global or only human toggle effects.

Slotted Performance Shifter Chance for +End into both forms because if a sapper gets me to zero, I lose the form. ToHit enhancement only added 6% accuracy to my powers in Nova and Black Dwarf is already easily capped in res with Eclipse so it's more important I not run out of end and lose what resistance it has rather than boost it by 10% or get a few more HP or heal when Dwarf already gets 800 more hp than Human and Nova and has a heal I will use as my primary single target attack.

I used Travel powers to slot KB reduction and Slow Resistance by the wisdom of the forums. Single slot Nova Bolt with Form Empowerment. Removed the KBtoKD from Nova Emanation. I took a lot of notes from this thread and the forums.

So without further ado, thank you all. Here's the build. I am still taking suggestions.

Spoiler

Level 1: Ebon Eye

• Slot Level 1: Apocalypse: Damage
  • Slot Level 29: Apocalypse: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • Slot Level 31: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 31: Impeded Swiftness: Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • Slot Level 31: Gladiator's Javelin: Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • Slot Level 33: Decimation: Chance of Build Up

Level 1: Absorption

• Slot Level 1: Steadfast Protection: Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 2: Gravity Shield

• Slot Level 2: Gladiator's Armor: TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 4: Dark Nova

• Slot Level 4: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End

Level 6: Hasten

• Slot Level 6: Invention: Recharge Reduction
  • Slot Level 34: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 8: Starless Step

• Slot Level 8: Blessing of the Zephyr: Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 10: Sunless Mire

• Slot Level 10: Obliteration: Damage
  • Slot Level 34: Obliteration: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 34: Obliteration: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 36: Obliteration: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • Slot Level 36: Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • Slot Level 36: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up

Level 12: Kick

• Slot Level 12: Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge

Level 14: Shadow Cloak

• Slot Level 14: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 16: Tough

• Slot Level 16: Aegis: Psionic/Status Resistance

Level 18: Weave

• Slot Level 18: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • Slot Level 37: Kismet: Accuracy +6%
  • Slot Level 37: Reactive Defenses: Scaling Resist Damage

Level 20: Black Dwarf

• Slot Level 20: Performance Shifter: Chance for +End

Level 22: Gravity Well

• Slot Level 22: Hecatomb: Damage
  • Slot Level 37: Hecatomb: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 39: Hecatomb: Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 39: Hecatomb: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 39: Hecatomb: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • Slot Level 40: Unbreakable Constraint: Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 24: Dark Extraction

• Slot Level 24: Sovereign Right: Resistance Bonus
  • Slot Level 40: Expedient Reinforcement: Resist Bonus Aura for Pets
  • Slot Level 40: Soulbound Allegiance: Damage
  • Slot Level 42: Soulbound Allegiance: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 42: Soulbound Allegiance: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 42: Soulbound Allegiance: Chance for Build Up

Level 26: Quasar

• Slot Level 26: Armageddon: Damage
  • Slot Level 43: Armageddon: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 43: Armageddon: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 43: Armageddon: Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 45: Armageddon: Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 45: Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown

Level 28: Gravitic Emanation

• Slot Level 28: Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage
  • Slot Level 45: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • Slot Level 46: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 46: Explosive Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • Slot Level 46: Absolute Amazement: Stun
  • Slot Level 47: Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown

Level 30: Stygian Circle

• Slot Level 30: Preventive Medicine: Chance for +Absorb

Level 32: Eclipse

• Slot Level 32: Gladiator's Armor: Resistance/Rech/End
  • Slot Level 47: Gladiator's Armor: Recharge/Resist
  • Slot Level 47: Unbreakable Guard: Resistance/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • Slot Level 48: Unbreakable Guard: RechargeTime/Resistance

Level 35: Super Speed

• Slot Level 35: Celerity: +Stealth

Level 38: Stygian Return

• Slot Level 38: Invention: Recharge Reduction

Level 41: Combat Jumping

• Slot Level 41: Luck of the Gambler: Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 44: Shadow Slip

• Slot Level 44: Invention: Accuracy

Level 47: Inky Aspect

• Slot Level 47: Absolute Amazement: Stun/Recharge/Accuracy

Level 49: Orbiting Death

• Slot Level 49: Overwhelming Force: Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • Slot Level 49: Overwhelming Force: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 49: Overwhelming Force: Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Inherent Powers

Brawl:

• Slot Level 1: Invention: Damage Increase

Sprint:

• Slot Level 1: Invention: Run Speed

Rest:

• Slot Level 2: Invention: Interrupt Reduction

Swift:

• Slot Level 2: Invention: Run Speed

Hurdle:

• Slot Level 2: Invention: Jumping

Health:

• Slot Level 2: Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance
  • Slot Level 33: Numina's Convalesence: +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • Slot Level 33: Miracle: +Recovery

Stamina:

• Slot Level 2: Invention: Endurance Modification

Shadow Step:

• Slot Level 1: Jaunt: Range

Shadow Recall:

• Slot Level 10: Blessing of the Zephyr: Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Dark Nova Blast:

• Slot Level 6: Superior Kheldian's Grace: Accuracy/Damage
  • Slot Level 3: Superior Kheldian's Grace: Damage/Recharge

Dark Nova Bolt:

• Slot Level 6: Superior Kheldian's Grace: Recharge/Form Empowerment

Dark Nova Detonation:

• Slot Level 6: Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage
  • Slot Level 3: Positron's Blast: Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • Slot Level 5: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 5: Explosive Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • Slot Level 7: Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge
  • Slot Level 7: Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown

Dark Nova Emanation:

• Slot Level 6: Ragnarok: Damage
  • Slot Level 9: Ragnarok: Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 9: Ragnarok: Damage/Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 11: Ragnarok: Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 11: Ragnarok: Recharge/Accuracy
  • Slot Level 13: Annihilation: Chance for Res Debuff

Black Dwarf Antagonize:

• Slot Level 20: Perfect Zinger: Chance for Psi Damage

Black Dwarf Drain:

• Slot Level 20: Touch of the Nictus: Healing/Absorb
  • Slot Level 13: Touch of the Nictus: Accuracy/Endurance/Healing/Absorb
  • Slot Level 15: Touch of the Nictus: Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • Slot Level 15: Touch of Death: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • Slot Level 17: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 17: Gladiator's Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage

Black Dwarf Mire:

• Slot Level 20: Armageddon: Chance for Fire Damage
  • Slot Level 19: Eradication: Chance for Energy Damage
  • Slot Level 19: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 21: Obliteration: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • Slot Level 21: Impeded Swiftness: Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • Slot Level 23: Fury of the Gladiator: Chance for Res Debuff

Black Dwarf Smite:

• Slot Level 20: Superior Blistering Cold: Accuracy/Damage
  • Slot Level 23: Superior Blistering Cold: Damage/Endurance
  • Slot Level 25: Touch of Death: Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • Slot Level 25: Ice Mistral's Torment: Chance for Cold Damage
  • Slot Level 27: Gladiator's Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage
  • Slot Level 27: Explosive Strike: Chance for Smashing Damage

Black Dwarf Step:

• Slot Level 20: Winter's Gift: Slow Resistance (20%)

Black Dwarf Strike:

• Slot Level 20: Superior Kheldian's Grace: Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • Slot Level 29: Superior Kheldian's Grace: Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Set Bonus Totals

• 44% (1.96 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 6% Defense(Melee)
  • 6% Defense(AoE)
  • 6% Defense(Ranged)
  • 6% Defense(Smashing)
  • 6% Defense(Lethal)
  • 6% Defense(Fire)
  • 6% Defense(Cold)
  • 6% Defense(Energy)
  • 6% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Toxic)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 100% MezResist(Teleport) (20% chance)
  • Knockback (Mag -8)
  • Knockup (Mag -8)
  • 30.25% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 30.25% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 33.75% MezResist(Immobilized)
  • 33.75% MezResist(Held)
  • 33.75% MezResist(Stunned)
  • 33.75% MezResist(Sleep)
  • 33.75% MezResist(Terrorized)
  • 33.75% MezResist(Confused)
  • 37% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 37% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 37% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 37% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 37% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 37% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 37% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 37% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • +93% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • +57.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 33% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 46% Resistance(Fire)
  • 46% Resistance(Cold)
  • 28% Resistance(Energy)
  • 28% Resistance(Negative)
  • 28% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 14.5% (0.24 End/sec) Recovery
  • 266.4 HP (24.87%) HitPoints
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance when PreventiveMedicine)
  • 2.5% Enhancement(Endurance Discount)
  • 35% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 35% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 35% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)

Set Bonus Breakdown

Apocalypse: Ebon Eye

Steadfast Protection: Absorption

• 3% Defense(All)

Gladiator's Armor: Gravity Shield

• 3% Defense(All), 100% MezResist(Teleport) (20% chance)

Blessing of the Zephyr: Starless Step

Obliteration: Sunless Mire

• 2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), 3.75% Status Resistance
  • 3% DamageBuff(All)
  • +5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Luck of the Gambler: Shadow Cloak

Aegis: Tough

• 5% Resistance(Psionic)

Luck of the Gambler: Weave

Reactive Defenses: Weave

• 3% Resistance(All)

Hecatomb: Gravity Well

Sovereign Right: Dark Extraction

• 10% Resistance(All)

Expedient Reinforcement: Dark Extraction

• 10% Resistance(All)

Soulbound Allegiance: Dark Extraction

• 4% DamageBuff(All)

Armageddon: Quasar

Preventive Medicine: Stygian Circle

• GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance when PreventiveMedicine), GrantPower Preventive Medicine

Gladiator's Armor: Eclipse

• 2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery

Unbreakable Guard: Eclipse

• 2.5% Enhancement(EnduranceDiscount)

Luck of the Gambler: Combat Jumping

Overwhelming Force: Orbiting Death

• 12% (0.54 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 3% DamageBuff(All)

Blessing of the Zephyr: Shadow Recall

Superior Kheldian's Grace: Dark Nova Blast

Superior Kheldian's Grace: Dark Nova Bolt

• 5% Resistance(All), 13.5% DamageBuff(All), 107.1 HP (10%) HitPoints

Ragnarok: Dark Nova Emanation

Touch of the Nictus: Black Dwarf Drain

• 20.08 HP (1.87%) HitPoints

Superior Blistering Cold: Black Dwarf Smite

• 15% ResEffect(SpeedRunning), 15% ResEffect(RechargeTime), 15% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)

Winter's Gift: Black Dwarf Step

• 20% ResEffect(SpeedRunning), 20% ResEffect(RechargeTime), 20% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)

Superior Kheldian's Grace: Black Dwarf Strike

•  

3.7VixenOMorph_respec.mbd

Edited by MadnessAsMuse