Galaxy Brain's Common Resist Breakdown

Galaxy Brain

Hello everyone!

I'm making a separate thread from the Scrapper Melee Testing to highlight the resistances that enemies carry throughout the game. Often we tote how X damage type is super resisted, or Y damage type is great until end game, but I don't think there is any easy to use listing of how those types perform in practice based on not only the resist amounts, but on the odds of encountering them.

This sheet covers 61 different enemy groups as collected by a user on Discord. However, it appears that this only covers enemy factions up until about Crimorera as it does not have data on Going Rogue and beyond. If anyone has access to the data on them, I can add them to the sheet to get more accurate representation!

The document is broken down as such:

• Totals - Shows the culmination of all the data
  • Group Averages - Averaged resists per enemy faction
  • All Minions - All minion rank enemies per faction, averaged
  • Minions 1-20, 20-40, 40+ - All minions within the respective ranges
  • All LT - All lieutenant rank enemies per faction, averaged
  • LT 1-20, 20-40, 40+ - All lieutenants within the respective ranges
  • All Boss - All boss rank enemies per faction, averaged
  • Boss 1-20, 20-40, 40+ - All bosses within the respective ranges

I use Averages due to each enemy faction not being comprised of a single enemy type. Sure, that Council mission may have a Robot that laughs at Lethal or Psy damage, but for every bot there are probably 5 normal dudes who don't resist it at all. So in that example, an enemy group with 25% lethal resist on one type of unit, and 0% resist on an other would average out to 12.5% resist if you were to just run through a bunch at random. Probably even less than that if there are say, 3 non-resistant enemies for every resistant one!

To factor the spread of different units across factions, I sorted the following data: 

image.png.65586fc72cea64a6353dc8703b91ad48.png

This covers the raw, average resistance value as well as the odds of running into an enemy with said resistances, either positive or negative (for the enemy), and then factors those together for an "Adjusted Average". 

image.png.28b97ee86a8a74dc2ad662b0fba3e960.png

Putting everything together, sorted by the Highest to Lowest "ADJ Resist" we have the above ranking. Toxic is the most resisted overall throughout the game and has no enemies weak to it (in my sample of 61 groups), while Negative is the least resisted with the highest amount of enemies that are specifically weak to it. Smashing damage is the most likely to be resisted, and Fire is least likely. Further breakdowns per enemy rank, and level range can be seen in the doc.

Its my hope this can be used as a tool for players looking into different attack sets and their effectiveness across various areas of game play. I am also looking for feedback on how to best sort /categorize the factions / add factions to better show the true "encounter rate" for many enemy types. For example, Rularuu has a decent presence here, but are they *really* commonly fought? 

I look forward to everyone's feedback!

Link to Resistance Sheet

Thank you,

@Galaxy Brain

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can't recall who to attribute this to, but I found an excel file of resistances posted on this board a goodly while back (mid-June).  This it not mine, so I take no credit for it.

I have found it very informative and useful.  I'll attach it here and see if I can figure out who posted it to accredit it properly.

CHres.xls

edit:  Doh!  It was already linked in the Scrapper Melee Testing post with attribution.  Should have checked that out before posting.  Oh well.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 1

• 6 months later

Does this make Degenerative basically one of the worst Interface abilities with proc damage then?

EDIT:  also, how does fire have less chance of weakness when it has better numbers than cold and energy?  I am sure I am reading it wrong - it has a lower chance of being resisted and when it is resisted it is resisted less strongly so I am confused

Edited by JayboH

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Hey Brain, you got a list of 'cap resisters', meaning which enemy in each group is hugely immune to as particular damage type?

Because Toxic is in a weird place... some creatures are hugely immune, but most creatures don't seem to be even slightly resistant to it... Dual Pistols guys could probably use that information, because Ice is particularly good at keeping things put (like in a blaze patch or someone's firey rain) Toxic is very nice for dropping incoming damage, and fire is just pure damage without any mitigation, and certain things resist 'naked' lethal badly but sometimes the KB/KD is absolutely worth it.

It would be nice to know when to switch.

• 2 months later

Hnet.com-image.gif.071a83345e5dc87c6aaa59f3d22f59d5.gif

Edited by Troo
just kidding

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 1 year later
  • 4 months later
  • 3 weeks later
On 1/12/2022 at 12:15 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Hmm, Sep 1, 2021...

Now Jan 12, 2022...

It's almost like you have a life to deal with or somethin...

Or somethin lol!

I think I will make it a goal to take an actual crack at this in a more limited sense, as tbh going across the "whole" game may not paint the purest picture 🤔

• 2 years later
On 2/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, Galaxy Brain said:

Or somethin lol!

I think I will make it a goal to take an actual crack at this in a more limited sense, as tbh going across the "whole" game may not paint the purest picture 🤔

Probably for the best

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood