Superfluous Powers

Scarlet Shocker

There are many powers in the game that you just don't need and almost never get used.  

Here are a few more, with a slight emphasis on the tongue firmly in the cheek (but we won't say whose!)

In no particular order:

1) Flame Strike: All fire based powers stage a work to rule for better pay and conditions and refuse to activate until the fight you're in is over. They also categorically refuse to activate on weekends under any circumstances.

2) OPortal: This handy teleport power activates instantly and teleports you to a secret location within Croatoa where you will be greeted by lvl 54 AV Red Caps. There is no crock of gold at the end of this rainbow.

3) Dismember the Team: You and your team are teleported to your team leader, one little piece at a time.

4) Seeds of Forgetfulness: I can't actually remember what this one does

5) New Roots: You discover your heritage and origins in greater detail. Utterly useless in terms of gameplay but at least you know where came from and

it's good for RP.

6) Snare of the Abyss: You manage to capture an entire abyss all by yourself. Now what are you going to do with it? You know the moment you release it, you'll be devoured. Good luck!

7) Incandescent: Angry? I'm bloody livid, mate!

8 ) Shorn of the Dead: Any powers relating to unlife, undeath, zombies, skeletons et al are removed from your power trays for the forseeable duration

9) Wake me up before you gogo: The ultimate party Rez

10) Gang of Four: More than three, fewer than five.

11) Spectral Hands: FINALLY! YOU HAVE FINGERS!!!! They are definitely there, you can see their translucent glow, but you just can't touch anything! Maybe it's all just an illusion.

12) Void Watcher: Emotionless and unfeeling, you watch the universe and its darkness. Your only pleasure is when you hear Kheldians scream in terror, an event that is becoming exponentially more rare. Oh how you miss those days...

13) Fried to a CRISP (Temp PVP POWER): You are able to use this power once, and once only, to transmute any opposing player into lightly salted, deep fried, delicious and very thinly sliced, potato pieces

14) CHIP off the old block (Temp PVP POWER): You know where this is going, right?

Feel free to add your own, and may I just take a moment to wish everyone a very happy holiday season and it's my heartfelt hope that the coming year is better for everyone, everywhere.

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
formatting
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Stand - The public was dumbfounded when it was discovered that Walk was, in fact, a superpower, but it set the superhuman sciences community on a crusade to discover what other powers we might have been missing all this time. After years of incredibly tedious research, they've proven that simply standing there is a superpower all its own. Efforts to slot this power with enhancements ended in tragic, yet amusing, disaster.

Studies into the possible Sit, Sleep, Breathe In and Breathe Out powers are ongoing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

13) Fried to a CRISP (Temp PVP POWER): You are able to use this power once, and once only, to transmute any opposing player into lightly salted, deep fried, delicious and very thinly sliced, potato pieces

14) CHIP off the old block (Temp PVP POWER): You know where this is going, right?

lol

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Rage Quit - the entire team is immediately disbanded from the SS tankers team and is teleported to the mission door exit. He immediately becomes docile for 15 seconds while a poison like aura forms around him causing all mobs to vomit on his shoes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty