Costume Question: Asymetrics

Scarlet Shocker

1 minute ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

why can't I find a way to get one leg looking cooler than the other?

There are some asymmetrical tights patterns, and you can get a different boot on each foot.  Are you talking about how there is the option to have 1 cybernetic or crystalline arm?  If so, that would be a cool option to have...

20 hours ago, biostem said:

There are some asymmetrical tights patterns, and you can get a different boot on each foot.  Are you talking about how there is the option to have 1 cybernetic or crystalline arm?  If so, that would be a cool option to have...

I've seen costumes with different legs too. Not just a bit different but markedly so. I thought there were options to have different arms and legs, not just the robotic options

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

2 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I've seen costumes with different legs too. Not just a bit different but markedly so. I thought there were options to have different arms and legs, not just the robotic options

It depends on the 1) leg type 2) certain armor sets

Asymetric costumes make me die a little on the inside.

You do you but . . . /em vomit

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

42 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

Asymetric costumes make me die a little on the inside.

You do you but . . . /em vomit

When you first start art classes you strive for uniformity.  You want predictable, regular shapes.  

The human (and most mammals) value symmetry as a form of attractiveness.  Therefore right and left side mostly appear to mirror each other.  Nature goes along with this, satisfying the consumer.

But nature is no fan of symmetry.  Look under the hood and the right and left sides of mammals do different things, especially the brain.  

At the upper ends of art, asymmetry, subtle or blatant, rules the compositions.  Without slight differences all you have is boring drech a 3D printer could churn out with a mediocre pogram.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hear you Snarky, all valid points you make but I am not talking about insides or art, I just cant stand a costume that's got asymmetric design elements.  Again, I am not advocating removal of the ability to do so but I am going to hurl on your floor 🙂

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

5 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

I hear you Snarky, all valid points you make but I am not talking about insides or art, I just cant stand a costume that's got asymmetric design elements.  Again, I am not advocating removal of the ability to do so but I am going to hurl on your floor 🙂

please use the south end of the crypt.  thats where I stack my "empties" anyways.

• Haha 2

On 12/20/2023 at 4:15 PM, Scarlet Shocker said:

why can't I find a way to get one leg looking cooler than the other?

Next to the Boots option, there is button - click it and it will split them to left and right boots so you can choose them separately.  This is same with shoulders and gloves.

image.thumb.jpeg.df9c163bb203497e167f13c2bfe704d5.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Next to the Boots option, there is button - click it and it will split them to left and right boots so you can choose them separately.  This is same with shoulders and gloves.

image.thumb.jpeg.df9c163bb203497e167f13c2bfe704d5.jpeg

Thanks! That looks like it was what I'm looking for!

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

On 12/21/2023 at 12:19 PM, Scarlet Shocker said:

I wonder if what you've seen is someone using a combination of asymmetrical tights, one of the asymmetrical belt options, and the ability to select different boots for each foot, (some of which go up to the thigh and/or have knee options or other accessories that better sell the asymmetry).

9 hours ago, biostem said:

I wonder if what you've seen is someone using a combination of asymmetrical tights, one of the asymmetrical belt options, and the ability to select different boots for each foot, (some of which go up to the thigh and/or have knee options or other accessories that better sell the asymmetry).

It's possible. I think I've got a handle on some of it at least now so when my next bout of altitis strikes I shall 'speriment

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1