Costume Advice - Full-Time Ghost Appearance via Pool Powers, IOs, etc.?

CFIndustries

I'm looking to do a ghostly appearance: slightly translucent. Not fully invisible. This is for appearance only; any actual stealth is just a bonus and not the goal.

I'm looking at IOs or Pool Powers for a solution, not to be forced into a particular primary/secondary powerset.

QUESTION #1:

My options seem to be running full-time Stealth, Infiltraion, or Stealth IOs, or are there other options?

Last time I tried Infiltration the visual effect of the stealth was pretty subtle, even moreso than a stealth IO, is that still the case?

Normally I would put a stealth IO into Sprint for selective Stealth, but then if I turn off Sprint then the Stealth is off too. I could run full-time Sprint I supposed, though in my case the full time extra speed would be a negative not a positive, which is why I don't mention Super Speed as an option.

Basically, ideally, I want a simple translucent look without being hyperactive (slower movement is acceptable, say, if Stealth still incurs that penalty).

QUESTION #2:

What is the best choice for the least endurance impact?

QUESTION #3:

How would you slot your recommended solution above in order to manage the endurance drain so running it full time doesn't become a huge issue, even at the lower levels?

1 hour ago, Water said:

I'd use stealth for that from the concealment set. I'd probably slot it with 3-4 def set too.

This is probably the best thematic overall choice.  There are some powers from powersets that do the “half fade” or have the option to switch the power animation.  But you said you did not want to be locked in like that.  Stealth takes LOTG and a few other unique pieces commonly crammed on high end builds.  

6 hours ago, CFIndustries said:

I'm looking to do a ghostly appearance: slightly translucent. Not fully invisible. This is for appearance only; any actual stealth is just a bonus and not the goal.

6 hours ago, CFIndustries said:

What is the best choice for the least endurance impact?

Combat jumping with a stealth IO, although not as translucent as the full stealth power, will have the lowest end cost by far, as well as providing some useful buffs and serving as a mule for some other IOs, like LotG.  It, along with the inherent swift & hurdle, can also make for a nice "mini-travel-power".

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2