Fire/Bio/Psy Hover Blasting Help

CaptainFantastic

So, been a few years since I've played on Homecoming but have a few friends coming back.  Been kind of curious about returning as well with a new character and been thinking about a Fire/Bio Sentinel so I can have good ranged damage near that of a blaster outside of the nuke, but having the defenses that I can be a bit more lazy while relearning the game, and I remember Bio had a passive speed boost that could be used to super boost Hover speeds to near Fly level for hover blasting.  Not seeing too many threads on Fire/ and only Fire/Bio build I'm seeing is from 4 years ago I believe?  Read that Psy offers a great power in Dominate for epic pool.

Any veteran Sentinels out there able to offer some advice or a build for a Fire/Bio/Psy Hover focused Sentinel?  Any tips, advice, builds, etc is much appreciated!

Edited by CaptainFantastic
Clarify topic title that I need help

• CaptainFantastic changed the title to Fire/Bio/Psy Hover Blasting Help
  • 2 months later
On 12/28/2023 at 7:00 AM, CaptainFantastic said:

So, been a few years since I've played on Homecoming but have a few friends coming back.  Been kind of curious about returning as well with a new character and been thinking about a Fire/Bio Sentinel so I can have good ranged damage near that of a blaster outside of the nuke, but having the defenses that I can be a bit more lazy while relearning the game, and I remember Bio had a passive speed boost that could be used to super boost Hover speeds to near Fly level for hover blasting.  Not seeing too many threads on Fire/ and only Fire/Bio build I'm seeing is from 4 years ago I believe?  Read that Psy offers a great power in Dominate for epic pool.

Any veteran Sentinels out there able to offer some advice or a build for a Fire/Bio/Psy Hover focused Sentinel?  Any tips, advice, builds, etc is much appreciated!

You;ll find a lot of fire/bio builds on the forums and pylon thread. They used to be very popular (probably still are) . You won't find any fliers as far as i'm aware. Pretty much all built to mostly melee with psi epic mind probe and shockwave, darks smite and engulfing darkness, elecs havoc punch and lightning field. You could check out one of those and fiddle the travel power but they usually always skip athletic regulation. Not much has changed, those 4 year old builds will be pretty much the same as used now.

• Like 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

I'm a Storm/Bio Sentinel and I chose the Hover/Fly/Evasive/Stealth path. Stealth let's me get into position and launch that big Parasitic Leech that gives me more buffer than the enemy Alpha strike that follows can do significant damage to. Hover + Evasive + Athletic is really snappy in a fight at 46th level. Hover keeps me out of melee range in arcs like Jenkins/McIntyre where AVs like Marauder and Battle Maiden can hit hard in melee. Neuron is the only AV that dropped me through that whole thing and that was my fault for aggro'ing the whole room. Bio is one of those sets where I enjoy taking the whole tree but Athletic is 100% skippable unless you're just a fan of flying around. 

Evasive Maneuvers in the same pool as Fly already makes Hover very mobile, and it slots another LoTG. But as others said Fire/Bios galore in this part of the forums. If it's been a while then consider Elec instead of Fire as it has risen to new heights thanks to a pass it got a while back.

I'm currently playing an Elec/Stone. Very sturdy (solo 0x6 Posi 1 and 2, +1x8 Yin at level 30), almost no clicks, and it devastates a path through a mission. I just can't be arsed dealing with runners but no particular complaints about the damage.

The Voltaic Sentinel is a definite damage boost but keeps getting lost and it breaks stealth when wanting to initiate with a nuke from stealth.