Universal Accuracy Set

Hedgefund

The current topic about Acc/Rch HOs in this subforum has inspired me to write up something that's been swirling around in my head for a while.  We have universal travel and universal damage, so I'm suggesting something for powers that don't take any sets that still are improved with accuracy, let's refer to it as Universal Accuracy.  Kinetics, for examples, has Fulcrum Shift and Siphon Power, Thermal has Heat Exhaustion.  There are others but this isn't meant to be an exhaustive list.

I'm proposing a 5 piece set that has these pieces and enhancement values:

image.png.560146f0740d92c5f6bcebd8be00baa3.png

I'm not going to get into suggesting bonuses at this time.  As far as I'm concerned they can all be "mid" bonuses like the Overwhelming Force set has.  I'll gladly readdress if this suggestion gets some traction from the developers.

Edited by Hedgefund
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The idea of a "universal enhancement" category that can go into almost anything has come up a few times before. I even took a stab at it myself using Vanden's IO set designer: 

image.thumb.png.8a8ab653bae396876f03ce7705c574ea.png

image.thumb.png.97f4b3f2c8232080b95e48de2f2ff008.png

One issue is that besides trying to get the devs on board with it, we've got to deal with market scalpers who don't want any kind of competition or price reduction. The D-Sync Provocation would still offer slightly stronger values, but a +5 boosted acc/rech piece from this set or any other would be "close enough" that a lot of people wouldn't care and would rather just deal with a few % lower values than paying like 800 million inf per slot. 

It'd be nice if there were at least a few measures taken to deal with the prices, like for example removing "duplicate" D-Syncs from the drop pool so only the unique ones remain (increasing their chances and thus supply) and/or allowing multiple to be combined together to get a random new one (makes the currently trash ones actually useful for something). 

Edited by FupDup
  • Like 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

Actual feedback to OP's concept:

I'd personally prefer if this set was limited in range from level 10-40 with no more than 4 or 5 pieces, so that:

1. It's available to slot early on for players, especially ultra-casual or non-grinding players to enjoy. 
  2. It does not effectively compete with Provo DSOs, hopefully eliminating concerns from players who feel having something comparable on offer would reduce the enjoyment they'll get out of the game if "the poors" can have something as nice as they've obtained.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
Posts from the phone are suboptimal but if I'm at my PC I'm playing!
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even though I would almost certainly use some of those pieces, because "Accuracy" fits with so many different types of powers, I don't know if such a set would really mimic what the Overwhelming Force set does. I'm partially thinking about (re)coding what sets can accept which pieces.

I'd prefer to go in a different direction, with something like an always attuned "Universal Control" (Overwhelming Control?) set, where "Control" includes the usual Hold/Immob/Fear/Stun/etc. and also Threat. I'm on the fence about suggesting this for Debuffs, including Slow.... but those sets are also somewhat lacking in imagination IMO. I definitely want Threat included for reasons I have often written. Some Control type powers are well represented with variety, others not so much. I am thinking:

• Accuracy/Control/Threat
  • Accuracy/Endurance/Control/Threat
  • Endurance/Recharge
  • Accuracy/Endurance
  • Endurance/Control/Threat
  • Accuracy/Recharge/Control/Threat

I should note; I am aware that a lot of good %proc powers (AoEs) have a "control" element to them (not to mention all the Tanker attacks with a Taunt component) and could slot a set like this, so I am trying to show some restraint. AFAIK all the existing control/threat sets have an Accuracy/Recharge piece so I didn't include that piece... I was motivated to try to provide different options specifically for the Fear and Threat powers.

I'm not that particular on what the set bonuses could be (I am underwhelmed by the Overwhelming Force bonuses), I would maybe balance between what Control ATs need (mezz resistance) and 'Taunters' need (regeneration).

• 2 weeks later
On 1/1/2024 at 10:10 PM, tidge said:

Even though I would almost certainly use some of those pieces, because "Accuracy" fits with so many different types of powers, I don't know if such a set would really mimic what the Overwhelming Force set does. I'm partially thinking about (re)coding what sets can accept which pieces.

I'd prefer to go in a different direction, with something like an always attuned "Universal Control" (Overwhelming Control?) set, where "Control" includes the usual Hold/Immob/Fear/Stun/etc. and also Threat. I'm on the fence about suggesting this for Debuffs, including Slow.... but those sets are also somewhat lacking in imagination IMO. I definitely want Threat included for reasons I have often written. Some Control type powers are well represented with variety, others not so much. I am thinking:

• Accuracy/Control/Threat
  • Accuracy/Endurance/Control/Threat
  • Endurance/Recharge
  • Accuracy/Endurance
  • Endurance/Control/Threat
  • Accuracy/Recharge/Control/Threat

I should note; I am aware that a lot of good %proc powers (AoEs) have a "control" element to them (not to mention all the Tanker attacks with a Taunt component) and could slot a set like this, so I am trying to show some restraint. AFAIK all the existing control/threat sets have an Accuracy/Recharge piece so I didn't include that piece... I was motivated to try to provide different options specifically for the Fear and Threat powers.

I'm not that particular on what the set bonuses could be (I am underwhelmed by the Overwhelming Force bonuses), I would maybe balance between what Control ATs need (mezz resistance) and 'Taunters' need (regeneration).

I agree with you.