Speed up the animation

I really believe Kinetic melee and radiation melee would be real awesome and used more if the animation was sped up.  The animation is nice but make those 2 powers slow so the player get damaged quicker then using other melee powers.  Please, please speed up the animation on kinetic and radiation melee.  I would say by about 1 sec to 1.5 secs.  Thank you for reading this if you have.

• Thumbs Up 1

They just feel slow. For instance, if you were to reduce the animation time on Kinetic Melee's Body Blow, Quick Strike, and Smashing Blow by 1 second, you would have animation times of 0.07 seconds, -0.17 seconds, and 0.2 seconds respectively. Repulsing Torrent has an animation time of 2 seconds currently. Burst is 2.667 seconds. Focused Burst is 2 seconds. And Concentrated Strike is 2.833 seconds as the nuke. What makes them feel slow is that they apply their damage and effects almost at the end of the animation whereas other sets apply their damage and effects shortly after the start of the animation.

(Edit: I have Kinetic Melee and Radiation Melee characters. The reason I don't normally play them or make more is because in the case of Kinetic Melee, I hate the sound effects. And in the case of Radiation Melee, most of your effects and ability is reliant on the target having the Contaminated debuff applied. And I usually kill my targets before they ever get the Contaminated debuff applied to them. Particularly bothersome when I need my heal to work and nothing is getting Contaminated for the heal to actually heal.)

Edited by Rudra

The problem with Devastating Blow's animation is that you're not moving, just squatting while you try to squeeze one out. Atom Smasher's animation is even longer, but at least you're doing something.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I feel Kinetic melee should siphon more than just damage

considering what the other kinetics set does

maybe reworking the mechanics so it functions similar to Titan weapons

whereas when you have the siphon mechanic enabled cast times are also reduced (i.e. Siphon speed)

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

35 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

I feel Kinetic melee should siphon more than just damage

considering what the other kinetics set does

maybe reworking the mechanics so it functions similar to Titan weapons

whereas when you have the siphon mechanic enabled cast times are also reduced (i.e. Siphon speed)

You're not going to get a power that shortens the animation time of attacks. (That would require sped up animations to be made. And how many different variations for speed would you need for siphoning off multiple targets or faster than the previous siphonings went away?) And if you use /Kinetics (Siphon Speed) as a reference, then it will slow your target (edit: movement/recharge), improve your recharge, and improve your movement speed.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add missing "up" and correct "now" to "how".

19 minutes ago, Rudra said:

You're not going to get a power that shortens the animation time of attacks. (That would require sped animations to be made. And now many different variations for speed would you need for siphoning off multiple targets or faster than the previous siphonings went away?) And if you use /Kinetics (Siphon Speed) as a reference, then it will slow your target, improve your recharge, and improve your movement speed.

apologies if I was unclear I'm using momentum as a reference not siphon speed

the coding for a power to decrease the next powers cast speed already exists in game

it is a single target power, and its not easy to get more than 3 stacks so....

if we average it conservatively at 5% per stack maybe a grand total of 15-20% reduced cast speed per attack?

27 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

apologies if I was unclear I'm using momentum as a reference not siphon speed

the coding for a power to decrease the next powers cast speed already exists in game

it is a single target power, and its not easy to get more than 3 stacks so....

if we average it conservatively at 5% per stack maybe a grand total of 15-20% reduced cast speed per attack?

From what I see? No, the game does not have such a mechanic. Having Momentum on your Titan Weapons character enables "Fast Mode". https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=pets.titan_weapons.set_momentum That tells me the set has two different animations per attack, and the mechanic activates the second animation.

Edit: And if you look at the powers themselves? They have two modes. So Titan Weapons works like snipe attacks, swapping between the two available versions depending on what is going on. Example: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=scrapper_melee.titan_weapons.crushing_blow&at=scrapper

(The stacking effect looks to be defense.)

Edited by Rudra

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

From what I see? No, the game does not have such a mechanic. Having Momentum on your Titan Weapons character enables "Fast Mode". https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=pets.titan_weapons.set_momentum That tells me the set has two different animations per attack, and the mechanic activates the second animation.

Edit: And if you look at the powers themselves? They have two modes. So Titan Weapons works like snipe attacks, swapping between the two available versions depending on what is going on. Example: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=scrapper_melee.titan_weapons.crushing_blow&at=scrapper

(The stacking effect looks to be defense.)

Ok, thank you for confirming. 

momentum =  fast mode

fast mode    =  2nd set of faster animations

So in theory its possible for siphon power to trigger a "fast mode" where KM powers have a faster cast time.

We also know that the devs can and have adjusted cast times on some powers.

total focus for example. 

52 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Ok, thank you for confirming. 

momentum =  fast mode

fast mode    =  2nd set of faster animations

So in theory its possible for siphon power to trigger a "fast mode" where KM powers have a faster cast time.

We also know that the devs can and have adjusted cast times on some powers.

total focus for example. 

Yes, but whole new animations would need to be developed to do so, and as has been pointed out every time this comes up, Kinetic Melee is not a slow set. The appearance of it being slow is due to when the damage and effects from the attacks are applied. For instance, Concentrated Strike has an animation time of 2.833 seconds and an Animation Time Before Effect of 2.533 seconds. Whereas say Eagle's Claw from Martial Arts has an animation time of 2.533 seconds and an Animation Time Before Effect of 1.3 seconds, or Lightning Rod from Electrical Melee has an animation time of 2.567 seconds and an Animation Time Before Effect of 0.867 seconds. Kinetic Melee is not slow. Players only think it is because they have to wait longer through the animations before the damage and effects are applied.

Edit: My preference for a fix would be to delay all melee attacks' damage and effects to almost the end of the animation. Then everyone would have a better reference for what attacks or sets actually are slow. However, that won't happen, and if it did, the player base would be in an uproar for "the new slower animations" which would not be new or slower.

Edited by Rudra

And here's another thought. For the proposed mechanic to maintain the kinetic theme of the game, if you siphon attack speed from your target(s) to boost your character's attack speed (as opposed to recharge), then the target(s) have to have their attack speed reduced. It is what the kinetic powers in the game do. You siphon damage to boost your own? The target does less damage. You siphon speed to boost your movement and recharge? The target loses movement and recharge. So absolutely every power in the game used by mobs or players would need to have a slowed alternate animation created. So just for Kinetic Melee, that entails two new sets of animations. The sped up one for having drained attack speed from the target, the slowed speed for having a player or mob with the set having drained you, and the current set for no modifications and draining to counter being drained.

16 hours ago, Rudra said:

And here's another thought. For the proposed mechanic to maintain the kinetic theme of the game, if you siphon attack speed from your target(s) to boost your character's attack speed (as opposed to recharge), then the target(s) have to have their attack speed reduced. It is what the kinetic powers in the game do. You siphon damage to boost your own? The target does less damage. You siphon speed to boost your movement and recharge? The target loses movement and recharge. So absolutely every power in the game used by mobs or players would need to have a slowed alternate animation created. So just for Kinetic Melee, that entails two new sets of animations. The sped up one for having drained attack speed from the target, the slowed speed for having a player or mob with the set having drained you, and the current set for no modifications and draining to counter being drained.

While you are technically correct 

I think most folk would be alright with having their cast times reduced while having mobs recharge increased.

I can't agree more with post...

I feel my animation is so so long, that often another player arrives after I started posing, and kills the mob before my graphics finishes the clowning, which evidently  annoying. Then when it goes to DPS, the kinetics does no more damage than other power sets which actually gets the job done without so much posing/winding, and more annoying when the not so random number generator rewards all that time clowning with a 95+% roll

Sue