Trying to download game on MacBook Pro

Jborges99

• Game Master

System Preferences, look at the Security panel.  The first tab should have what you're looking for.

Apple changed System Preferences into Settings from MacOS Ventura onward.  It's the same features, different layout.  Like Manga said, if the "Mac COH Installer.pkg" was the last program you opened, you should see that and an "Open Anyway" button, followed by a prompt for your password.  Then you're off to the races.  (Keep the Security panel open for any other authorizations needed until you can launch the game.)

Edited by GM Tock

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

On 1/12/2024 at 12:59 PM, elevatordog said:

I'm using macOS Catalina, is it possible to give more detailed instructions?

The above doesnt seem to correspond with my OS

Cheers

I'd have to look, but I'm pretty sure I put visuals in my "pre-Settings App" guide. I guess I need to update for that sometime.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

19 hours ago, GM Tock said:

Actually, your Mac (non-M1) guide is right on the nose.  Don't change a thing.

I need to make a variant for the Settings app switch made in Ventura though since that seems to be a hickup.

• Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

*pokes @GM Tock*

Heh, so Apparently I already Had made an update, but it was as a comment update. I've not fully committed to rewriting them, but the basic MacOS guide has been modified. Ideally, I'd rewrite (or just write a new one) the MacOS guide into a master version, but I don't seem to be in the mood for that right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1