Kriegsmann run

Snarky

So Youtube has decided i love warhammer 40k.  I got no idea.  But i watch a lot of YouTube. So… I randomly checked some of the videos out.  Death Korps of Krieg stood right out.  Based on WW1 German trench warriors.  So I made one.  And named him Kriegsmann. The outfit is not a perfect match but it gets the point across.  AR Devices Blaster.  Which is so fun after last years AR tuning. My day off today.  I ran 2 DFBs, Posi 1,2, Cavern of Trancendance, Synapse and Tarikoss. Now at 28. Good times.  I led all the TF except the Posi 1.  And yes, it was a sh..show.  But we finished in a little over 40.  Yes they rushed City Hall, then raced inside with no rest. And died against their clones.  I held up in the library behind the clones after that, died two more times but took out 2 with Snipe and follow up fire.  The Death Korp never retreat.  And the only reason some of their charges do not succeed is the weight of their balls.  

IMG_0682.jpeg

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

So Youtube has decided i love warhammer 40k.

Youtube's algorithms keep thinking that I must love soap operas.  So far, it's recommended me ones in Italian, Spanish, and Tagalog in hopes of providing me exactly what it thinks I'm swooning for.  Why it thinks this completely baffles me.  I'm also baffled by the logic process that leads to recommending Korean material instead of more of the Japanese and Japan related stuff that I actually do watch.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

14 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Youtube's algorithms keep thinking that I must love soap operas.  So far, it's recommended me ones in Italian, Spanish, and Tagalog in hopes of providing me exactly what it thinks I'm swooning for.  Why it thinks this completely baffles me.  I'm also baffled by the logic process that leads to recommending Korean material instead of more of the Japanese and Japan related stuff that I actually do watch.

It must think you are secretly Chuin.  The ancient Korean master assassin from Remo Williams who loved soap operas.  And dismembered anyone who interrupted them. 

Are you?

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

algorithm
/ˈalɡərɪð(ə)m/
  1. a process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer.

I'm not sure that what YT uses is strictly an algorithm. There is no problem to solve when perusing media to watch. Not even a set of rules. The only purpose of the "algorithm" is to provoke your interest in the highest grossing financial product the platform has to offer based on your recent and historic consumption. There is no 'personality' data which describes you - it is as simple as word association - more video association to that which YT can make most money from, from you.

But back on topic, that looks cool Snarky. I have a couple of AR's and they really are fun and tactical operators.

• Like 1

Once you get Kriegsmann to 50 you might want to check out Warhammer 40k: Darktide.

It's a fun FPS that does a great job with the WH:40k mood and aesthetic.

• Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

So Youtube has decided i love warhammer 40k.

The Warhammer universe is an odd tale in IP licensing.  Games Workshop decided, "Hey, let's give a license to any software developer who asks.  If they do a good job, we'll let them do more."

As a result, there are about a bajillion games set in the Warhammer universe.  Many of them suck, but there are also a shocking number of really good games.  I've only played a handful because the IP focuses on controlling armies while I prefer first person shooters.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

28 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

The Warhammer universe is an odd tale in IP licensing.  Games Workshop decided, "Hey, let's give a license to any software developer who asks.  If they do a good job, we'll let them do more."

As a result, there are about a bajillion games set in the Warhammer universe.  Many of them suck, but there are also a shocking number of really good games.  I've only played a handful because the IP focuses on controlling armies while I prefer first person shooters.

yeah i never played 1) it was an investment (pay 2 win) but more than that....2) the sheer size of the game room required and time involved seemed daunting.  

Don't worry about it Snarky. Death Korps of Krieg also uses Boltguns.

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

6 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Don't worry about it Snarky. Death Korps of Krieg also uses Boltguns.

The "Assault Rifle" in CoH is odd.  The closest thing I can think of in Sci-Fi is from a very old pulp fiction book.  Maybe Niven or Heinlein.  A "Dial-A-Gun" model, called by the troops a Dally Gun.  This weapon had multiple ways to lay hate downrange, bullets, flames, grenades.  It was just fun at a party.  Due to CoHs attack types and rechatge that is basically what AR is.  And then OF COURSE I go munitions mastery.  Sure LRM Rocket is stupid.  But damn.... Have you used this thing?  With a +range Blaster half the time the mobs have no idea who hit them.  And of course, as they run to you, you have all that time to kill them.  At close range is a second Nuke available at the start of combat LRM, Full auto, and then... oh, then nothing really.  Maybe grab a sponge.

• Thumbs Up 1

My AR/Dev is a lot of fun.   I like laying down a field of trip mines, then backing off and launching a LRM.  Survivors pick themselves up, starting charging, and just more boom.   Not a great team tactic, but a lot of fun on a relaxed solo run

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, lemming said:

My AR/Dev is a lot of fun.   I like laying down a field of trip mines, then backing off and launching a LRM.  Survivors pick themselves up, starting charging, and just more boom.   Not a great team tactic, but a lot of fun on a relaxed solo run

Yeah. My next project may be a solo run storyline with an AR/Dev.  

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 1:22 PM, Snarky said:

yeah i never played 1) it was an investment (pay 2 win) but more than that....2) the sheer size of the game room required and time involved seemed daunting.  

Sheer size of the . . .  Oh, you're talking about gaming with miniatures.  My brother's family does that.  I was only talking about computer games.  There's a ton where you're controlling an entire army on the screen.  I don't care for those.  I play the shooters like Space Hulk:Death Wing and Warhammer:Vermintide 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.