Rad/Fire brute beginner builds

Lordian

I just reached Level 50 on my Rad/ fire brute and this being my first 50 on the homecoming servers i do not have a ton of influence.  Does anyone have have a build suggestion that will not break the bank.  something that is effective but a bit on the cheaper side that i can quickly work towards then use to grind to the many more expensive builds that i see on other posts.   

Assuming we are talking farming because that is mainly where that combo is seen.  I just used the build I wanted as a base line to build from.  So if my end goal was say Build 2 then I would start off with Build 1 and buy stuff as I go. I would start off with stuff that adds fire defense but is on the less expensive side along with all the other fillers like LotG and stuff for health and stamina.  Then I would move to the more expensive purple/winter/brute sets.  Also, when building from a base like that, never sell purple recipes that drop.  Make whatever you get and use converters to change it to something useful.  That ends up being way less expensive than selling the recipe and using inf to pay for the difference. 

While you are farming with the base build as you get money, chew lucks and keep combining them until you are over 45% fire defense when farming and you should be able to handle +3x8 content pretty easily although granted stuff will take a little longer to kill until you get more recharge.  After a few runs you should have a decent nest egg to start building with.

Brute (Radiation Melee - Fiery Aura) Build 2.mbd Brute (Radiation Melee - Fiery Aura) Build 1.mbd

• Like 1

I'm also assuming this is for a farmer, these builds are not great for standard content. I'll never get a better return on investment than this cheap farmer build! Before I finally upgraded, this build got me 670ish vet lvls, many billions of inf, many hundreds or maybe even thousands of purples and tons of power leveling. It is absolutely not the best farmer build but it'll do what you need for a pittance of an investment and boy did it serve me well!

I really like Helens approach of evolving the build but I went a different route and my upgraded version has little to nothing in common with the cheap version. The upgrade version is a slightly tweaked version of a build I found on here, I'm afraid I don't remember who to credit for it. I use AE farm 54290. Hope that helps and sorry if you were just looking for a standard content build.

Brute Rad Fire Brute not Cheap Atomic SF v2.mbd Brute Rad Fire Brute Cheap Atomic SF.mbd

Edited by mistagoat

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

@HelenCarnate @mistagoat 

Might seem like a stupid question, but for somebody that's just coming back to the game since it was shutdown moons ago, and is basically starting over, but wants a farming build in their set of AT's to get the ball rolling - what's the best way to level one up. The question is based more around @mistagoat's comment where Rad/Fire isn't great for standard content. Do you leveling by farming from a certain level, 1, 10, 25? Or is it assumed that you level normally through missions, teams etc.

After the change to Irradiated Ground from Radiation Melee I can't recommend Radiation Melee out of good conscience. Which isn't to say you should drop that character if you are enjoying it.

But consider Fire Melee, Axe, etc.

3 hours ago, BruwtForce said:

@HelenCarnate @mistagoat 

Might seem like a stupid question, but for somebody that's just coming back to the game since it was shutdown moons ago, and is basically starting over, but wants a farming build in their set of AT's to get the ball rolling - what's the best way to level one up. The question is based more around @mistagoat's comment where Rad/Fire isn't great for standard content. Do you leveling by farming from a certain level, 1, 10, 25? Or is it assumed that you level normally through missions, teams etc.

Fire Armor can be as good as anything else, but the farming builds are not for general content and instead focus their defenses against fire attacks. I prefer building a general content character who then can farm but also be taken out and do a random TF with a random group or just go fight giant monsters.

You don't even need to farm to make money as the best money maker is crafting and selling.

But for leveling you just... play it normally, slot generics, slot it normally, then at 50 respec into fire farming. There is also a guide somewhere about starting a character to farm from level 1. It's just the same maps but with fewer enemies and the money made goes into slotting the character so it progressively gets better.

At some point consider doing this with a second account instead of your main one since you can then use the farmer to powerlevel your characters. If not to 50 then just to get past the low level bump.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Sovera I get that using the market is better for making influence, I followed your guide yesterday starting with around 1000 influence, and by the end of the day I was up to 80 mil with over 200 mil of conversions up for sale. I just like to have a farming character for the times I don't want to sit and play with the market, or run teams. Plus like you say, having a farmer available to PL your alts past the painful boring levels is always nice. However, I appreciate your input. thank you. 

I used to run a fire/kin controller back on the old live servers, but from what I've read, Brute is pretty much the way to go now. So much info on these forums, spread over a number of years, its hard to tell whats current and relevant, and whats now out-dated. Rad/Fire Brute seems to be the way to go right now - at least as far as I can tell.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, BruwtForce said:

@HelenCarnate @mistagoat 

When I initially built mine, I just played it normally into the 30s on SO's. Somewhere around mid 30s it was able to basically farm itself up. Obviously not at +4 x8 but maybe start at +0 x4. Eat inspirations like they're going out of style to make up for anything thats lacking and get the base buffs, I still pound F1 and F2 like crazy when farming!

As Sovera says you can also just level up via normal teaming and stuff too, though in that case I'd probably gear it more toward smashing/lethal def/resist and swap once you're max level.

Sovera also make an extremely good point about making it on a second account. That's top notch advise!!

Also just to avoid any confusion, it's the farming builds that aren't good for standard content, Rad/Fire brutes in general are just fine for all content when built accordingly.

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

I've just started again and made a Rad Melee/ Fire this morning. I tried an old tactic from back when I played on live and it still works a charm. Even better now, actually. Level your baby Hero to 7. Make sure to build the character to be aggressive at that level. By this I mean, Damage forward.

I went with this ( see Mids build ) however I used the P2W items - powers and Enhancements. I put the knockdown one in Contaminated Strike - Psi into Radioactive Smash and a Lethal into Brawl. I set Brawl to auto attack. The P2W enhancements will take the place of an attack enhancement in the mids build. Grab a couple 2X Exp buffs from her and off you go.

At 7 head to Kings Row, run to the AE building and head up the elevator, then down the stairs. In the terminal in the search field type Tunnel Witches and hit play. Select Architect Rewards then talk to the witch standing by the beam.

Head in, You are now level 2 again 🙂  Turn on your sprints of choice ( I use Athletic and Surge together ) Hug the left wall and run to the end and run near to the white and black fellow the immediately head to the back wall by the fire. He will attempt to attack the witches ( which is doable but not ideal ) You want him to buff you then start at the obvious Witch. They are marginally staggered so it should be easy to tell which to take down. His heals are fantastic.

My rotation at lvl7 is simple as it gets - CS -> Rad -> CS -> CS -> Rad. Very occasionally you'll need to Heal. 

When you reach the end you should have enough Mission Architect tickets (found in the salvage tab) to buy an Invention Salvage ( the orange ones ) It will take 540 tickets per. After purchase it will be in your salvage tab as well. Head to Wellingtons, talk to a person - open your salvage tab and drag the item you just bought to the indicated place in the window. Hit FIND in item window below ( There will be one above as well ) put a 1 in the field and post. It should immediately sell. Go to the sold tab and get all inf. You should have made between 250 and 450k depending on the market.

By Blue Steel go to the vendor and slot all your powers. Head back to the AE building to rinse and repeat; except you will now change it to a +1 and 8. To do this you simply hit the little chat bubble to the right of your text bar and go to the appropriate parameters you wish. You will level exceedingly fast, get enough cheddar to keep your basic slots = to level and that's about it.

Make sure to turn off Blazing aura when you make your way to get your healer. 🙂 Trust me on this one . . . .

I used to keep the hero at lvl 7 and just rake in the tickets but this time I've leveled her as I go. The powers that are active in the mission ( all those to 6 plus the level 7 slots ) can be further slotted and it will count in the mission. I made level 20 in about 1.5 hours with fully upgraded to level enhancements and 1.2 mil inf. in my pocket.

Hope this helps!

AE Mission.JPG

Dr. Curie Firefarm lvl 7 - Brute (Radiation Melee - Fiery Aura).mbd

Edited by Nintova