Self buff build?

Sepherion

Not even sure if a build like this exists but I'm looking at possibly playing defender or corruptor. I want to be able to stack a metric ton of buffs on myself. (As well as allies). (Hard focus on self buffs though). I was looking at force field but I was unsure if the buffs there are ally only? I'm really wanting to stack the crap out of self buffs. No clue why. Just seems like a really cool concept. Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Check out Kinetics. Everything except speed boost and increased density effects the player and you can get massive recharge and damage buffs playing kinetics.

Yeah, I'm actually looking at kenetics right now. I'm stuck between ken. and forcefield. Do you happen to know if the AOE bubble buffs from force field effect the caster as well? 

Force field only has 2 powers which buff others, so it's actually not a bad choice. With a careful build you can easily softcap all defenses and hand out softcap defense to your team as well. 

For a novel suggestion, you might consider the Soldier of Arachnos or the Widow. Both have leadership toggles present in their sets which can be stacked with the pool powers. This adds up to some respectable numbers for you and everyone even vaguely near you. For SoA You can hand out about 20% defense and 30% damage to your team. It's a lot of toggles, but it works pretty well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sepherion said:

Yeah, I'm actually looking at kenetics right now. I'm stuck between ken. and forcefield. Do you happen to know if the AOE bubble buffs from force field effect the caster as well? 

Yes, the big bubble gives you the benefits. You are only short the individual bubbles. You can get to softcap with IOs, manuever, and weave without that much trouble. 

10 minutes ago, drbuzzard said:

Yes, the big bubble gives you the benefits. You are only short the individual bubbles. You can get to softcap with IOs, manuever, and weave without that much trouble. 

Ok, so, one last question. Between the defender and the corruptor, What would I lose out on the force field power set if I go corruptor instead of defender? I see that on both, it switches the support power set from primary to secondary. Are the support power sets just less powerful on the corruptor and the reverse? 

Corrupter sets are at 75% value of the buffs compared to a defender, so it is a bit harder to softcap (yourself and others). They also get reduced value from the leadership sets. In exchange ther have an appreciably higher damage scaler, and scourge (which doubles damage at low target health). 

All the data is here:

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/index.html

Edited by drbuzzard

I love force field, so don't think i'm dissing it when I say this...

That being said, if you're looking at dishing out as many buffs as you can to yourself, Force Field only has 1 self buff (Don't get me wrong, it's a great self buff)

Electrical Affinity has 5 powers that can affect you (4 of them buffs, 1 heal)  They have to be targeted to an ally, but it gets the wonderful power Galvanic Sentinel which you can target and bounce your buffs off of to yourself.

What this team needs is more Defenders

28 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Is there a particular kind of buff that you are looking for?  Or a certain combination?

well, I like the idea of having AOE force fields that effect me and allies. So, I'm trying forcefield. Other than that, I'd love for a build based around recharging/haste self buffs. 

Built a few like this, the best is probably Fire/Time Corruptor. 

The main buffs also buff yourself. 

Massive heal, increased defence and increased recharge. 

Fire allows you to output massive damage. 

Nature Affinity is also good for this but personally I prefer Time. 

For both Nature and Time, all but one or two buffs work on the caster. I've played both to 50 multiple times. While both are great sets, if your goal is to maximize buffs, I feel like Nature has the edge (Time has more debuffs). Another option would be Darkness Affinity (the controller version of Dark).

• Nature: heal, +resist/+regen, +absorb, +damage/+tohit/+end
  • Time: heal, +def/+tohit, +recharge/heal/+end
  • Dark: heal, +def/+resist, +def/+resist aura, +regen/+end

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller