notice of down time?

kendo339

tried to log in this morning and see the servers are down.  checked in several other sections on the forums, like announcements, to see if there were any notes as to expected time frames, whether it's a patch or normal maintenance and not finding anything.  is this information posted somewhere in here ?

There's a "Maintenance Notices" thread at the top of this forum.

The relevant bit for today is:

All shards will be going down for patches and maintenance during our normal maintenance window on Thursday 2019-06-20 between 1200 and 1400 UTC (0800-1000 Eastern US time). Estimated downtime is approximately 2 hours.

Normal Thursday maintenance period.  It got me a first too.  I was in enhancement screen in game and then 'bonk' kicked.  Came here and after looking around a bit, there is under General Discussion a pinned red topic called Maintenance Notice

Kinda feel like the maintenance sticky should be in Announcements. General Discussion is a bit of a strange place for it

I was just going to mention this ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I think they also post notices on the Discord when the server is about to go down. I've noticed before people will start warning of the maintenance shut down before the system messages begin, and that's what they said why they knew when asked.

They have automated bots that communicate on discord, as well as the dev’s.  I’m glad they are starting to post here, but announcements would be better

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting