Cel Shading available for all!

Xalon

Yes, CoH has cel shading and it brings the majority of graphics on par with Champions Online cel shading.

Menu > Options > Video > Turn On Advanced Graphics

Then scroll down and enable EXPERIMENTAL Graphics Settings.

And enable Cel Shading.

If you don't have a great computer, then after you turn on cel shading, go all the way to the to and disable Advanced Graphics.

That's it! Breaths new life into the game and makes everything so awesome looking! Try it out and post here what you think :)

• Thumbs Down 1

Note, that it is still Experimental.

I know there used to be an issue with editing a base while you had Cel shading on.  (I think this is still an active bug)

If so, you can help with diagnostics:

3 minutes ago, SolarCenturion said:

What's so great about cell shading? I always thought Champions Online was ugly.

Me too but it's a matter of preference.  Some people like it for comic book genre stuff like this.

57 minutes ago, SolarCenturion said:

Different strokes and all that.  I'm not a fan either though, it wouldn't "feel right."  😃

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, ZemX said:
3 hours ago, SolarCenturion said:

Me too but it's a matter of preference.  Some people like it for comic book genre stuff like this.

Same here, but I won't begrudge anyone who actually likes it. I equate it to tone-deaf singing, singing makes you feel good and even those that can't carry a tune in a bucket deserve the right to sing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.