HAMI run event preparation

50caltech

for those players who have done hami runs before, you know how the whole league gets buffed and healed by healers and other league/team members, since this will be a all tank run, we will have to prepare to bring our own,  it is highly recommended to bring incarnate inspirations, health, rage, buffs etc, regular hami runs farm https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Essence_of_the_Earth

from the gms devouring earths, i will be bringing a stock pile of them for as many league members as i can, you'll get one each to help start  this event,

after discussions with warboss about how things will go for this event, we hope as many tankers will show up to participate, but of course we are unsure how many might show up for our event verses the regular hami run which will be running at the same time,

if, big if...there are not enough tankers for this to go ahead, then we might run a MSR instead...hopefully that will not happen,

TO all tankers please come prepared and at least a little early...

hope to see you all there...

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Essence_of_the_Earth

Hey all,

Sorry, I've been really busy with RL lately. But to follow up on this 

1) I'm planning on a "no retreat" raid, so basically once we enter the jello,  we'll be in the jello until Hami is down. Now, if we get wiped, we'll reorganize and go from there. I'm thinking we'll be able to take out the first round of mitos and then based on our DPS on the purple egg go from there. If the bar is moving fast enough, we'll drop pets and go for broke. If I don't like the way the DPS looks, we'll eat EoEs clear the 2nd round of mitos. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to take Hami out from there. 

Okay, so what do you need (to do, have, buy)

1) holds, Tanks are notoriously short on holds. Get Golden Rings if you have candy canes, and if you have the origin power (the one with hold (Taser?) then that helps.

2) Ranged attacks, one (or more) from the power sets or Epics would be great.

3) I recommend flight packs (unless you have a flying build). Flight lets you get to all the mitos easily.

The plan (in a nutshell)

1) We will have a Hami Taunter and a Yellow Taunt team (MsA will be leading the Yellow Taunt team, we'll need a Hami Tuanter as PLV won't be able to make it (ZemX, please report for Hami duty)). If someone wants to step up and take this roll, I'm sure Zem will let you.

2) We will need Yellow damage team/s (Ronin will be leading at least one of these, we will likely have two).

3) We will have a Green "Hold" team, which will likely be acting like a distraction until the rest of the league can come play with the greens. If we happen to take a few out prior, then "Yay" us! I'll be leading the "Green" team and calling the raid.

4) We might have a "Blue" team, but most likely the Yellow teams can circle back through and take out the Blues.

5) HOLD PETs until called for.

6) Have EoEs, these will do the bulk of the heavy lifting protection wise for us, so make sure you have at least four on hand.

7) Numbers previously when attempting this (prior to incarnates and all the IOing) 35 Tanks was the magic number with 38+ being even easier. So lets hope for a good turnout.

8) Come early, we're going to be doing this on the largest population server. I have no idea how many players will join us. 

9) Meet in King's Row FIRST! We'll go to the Abyss from there.

10) If you have nukes, hold them until called for.

Feel free to ask me questions as you like. Note, I have limited time so not sure how quickly I can get back to you (doing this while on my break).

• Like 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

1 hour ago, Warboss said:

The plan (in a nutshell)

1) We will have a Hami Taunter and a Yellow Taunt team (MsA will be leading the Yellow Taunt team, we'll need a Hami Tuanter as PLV won't be able to make it (ZemX, please report for Hami duty)). If someone wants to step up and take this roll, I'm sure Zem will let you.

Yeah, bummer for me, too.  I was going to bring NUT (my sturdiest Inv/SS), so anyone with a Hyperstrike or Infinitum-based build should do OK.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

1 hour ago, Warboss said:

we'll need a Hami Tuanter as PLV won't be able to make it (ZemX, please report for Hami duty)). If someone wants to step up and take this roll, I'm sure Zem will let you.

Yeah... is now a good time to mention I haven't been on a Hammi Raid since Live? 🤪  And I've never Tanked one.

I planned to bring Misty (Rad/Ice) with maybe a quick respec beforehand to pick up Laser Beam Eyes.  I'll have Rings and Taser.  Beyond that, I have no idea what I'm doin.  I have no stash of EoEs either.

I can switch to Hami tank with my Inv/Stone if needed and there is a willing subject to lead Yellow Melee.

Reminder that we are doing this in the Abyss zone, so the attack prep and flow goes a little differently than in the Hive.

Essence of Earth inspirations are fairly cheap right now with the influx of new players. Was able to get a few stacks in the AH for 500 inf a piece just today. Easy enough to grab a bunch and pull as needed from the AH as that is accessible while in the Abyss.

I will reiterate that Golden Rings and Taser Dart should be a mandatory pick up for this event and the Nemesis Staff and Black Wand prestige powers should fill out the gaps for need of ranged damage on the Blue Mitos for those that are lacking in that area.

another additional option that folks can bring, the vanguard heavy tank and vanguard psi shields, just incase of needed extra firepower either during the hami fight or in-between battles with the devouring earth gms...if you need the vanguard merits for it, there are msr runs in the afternoon,  if you get the chance...

15 hours ago, Ronin_Around said:

I can switch to Hami tank with my Inv/Stone if needed and there is a willing subject to lead Yellow Melee.

Assuming all that involves is picking a yellow and hitting it and being the person everyone targets through to bash yellow... I can handle that.

I am willing to take a stab at taunting Hammi while people are doing Mitos.  I am just not sure how that will go.  My build isn't geared specifically to Hammi tanking.  I'd at least need to move some things around to get more regen, remove the procs from Rad Therapy so the heal has max recharge and heal enhancement.

Only thing I don't get is seeing people say Rad is good for Hammi tanking but its heal is pretty anemic if it doesn't have ten enemies within a 30ft radius to hit.  It might heal maybe 1/6 of the hit point bar with no enemies in range to boost it.  Do people augment that with Medicine pool or something?  It looks like other sources of regen/healing like Destiny Rebirth or heal procs like Panacea are NOT unresistable.  Won't they be killed by Hammi's -heal debuff?  I've also read that Hammi's untyped damage bypasses the absorb shield which would seem to make it a lot less useful than Invuln's Dull Pain +HP.

Hey Zem,

No worries, we'll use you on the hold team. I think Agoogala or MsA will have a solution for us. Plan on keeping with your Rad/Icer.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Whoever is tanking Hami and mito fire, I'd recommend having dull pain, hoarfrost, high pain tolerance, earth's embrace, etc. for the the extra HP. Essence of the Earth are going to be absolutely essential.

This power is gonna be a PITA: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=devouringearth.hamidon_powers.electrolytic_beam&at=boss_hamidon as it stacks it's -regen on its target. So relying on self regeneration like say Willpower might be difficult.

Is this tonight?

41 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

So relying on self regeneration like say Willpower might be difficult.

I wondered about that because I was seeing a few places people saying build for regen to tank Hammi but I was sure I'd heard there were crippling -heal AND -regen debuffs.  Click self heals are usually unresistable, so they're still effective.  That's why I wondered if having a second heal like Aid Self was worth it even for a Tanker that has a self heal in the primary.   Or something like a secondary with a siphon heal like Dark or Rad Melee.

23 minutes ago, ZemX said:

I wondered about that because I was seeing a few places people saying build for regen to tank Hammi but I was sure I'd heard there were crippling -heal AND -regen debuffs.  Click self heals are usually unresistable, so they're still effective.  That's why I wondered if having a second heal like Aid Self was worth it even for a Tanker that has a self heal in the primary.   Or something like a secondary with a siphon heal like Dark or Rad Melee.

That power I linked does have a stacking heal resistance it gives you which lasts for 70 seconds on a base 3.5 second recharge. So that's going to likely neuter even healing through the attacks. It's probably still a better option. I was thinking a well built Bio Armor tank might be a good option.

No matter what EOEs are gonna be a must for the MT as they'll partially resist those debuffs from the electrolytic beams.

As I recall a friend and I tried to get WP Tanks up to the point where the could regen while being blasted by Hami, but even with the maths seemingly correct the debuffing couldn't be compensated for (from the other mitos). To that end, the "self-sufficient" Hami combo I ever saw was a Dark/Dark, that utilized Siphon Life, both as a heal and an attack (to help maintain aggro). I had the basics of the build around somewhere... not sure what I've done with it now, but I didn't have time to play with it. Basically the Tanker would park next to Hami himself and us SL changing position as needed to accommodate the rest of the raiders and direct the blasts away from them. I don't think there have been enough (or any changes) to the Hami raid since then so the build/tactic would probably still work. I don't recall the exact numbers, but w/o EoEs I think Hami hits for 450 or so and then does "x" number of ticks of DoT. WP could regen from the initial hit, but the ticks of damage plus the other mitos tended to drag them down. SL was set up on the Dark/Dark build to cycle very fast, that and using Dark Regen kept it on it's feet. Obviously there was some player skill and experience involved as well, but it was cool to watch the Tank in action.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

And success!! See TT thread for details.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable