I'm trying to test my custom map but I keep getting this error, 'Mission 1: Improperly formatted HTML, unsupported tag detected.'.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  This is my first time trying to make a map and testing it in AE.  I've attached the error screen shot.

3sk.png

Edited by heyedwin
Added more tags.

Check all the mission text for < and >'s and look for broken HTML inside them. It could be that the closing / is missing (I.e. not <i> italicshere </i>. If so, that's an easy fix of adding a slash. It could also be that sometimes when copying/pasting/moving text around, the tags break or insert gibberish/fragments of what you copypasted inside them. If you can't find the break, try erasing them all and then reapplying them. It's usually the color HTML that breaks for me, but it's certainly done it with bold and italics before.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Game Master

Hey heyedwin!

I moved your post to the Mission Architect section so that it might gain more looks from eyes experienced in the ways of AE.

I'm no where near an expert, but I learned that if you double click on the error, it takes you to the general area of where the problem is.  Good luck!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

Hey heyedwin!

I moved your post to the Mission Architect section so that it might gain more looks from eyes experienced in the ways of AE.

I'm no where near an expert, but I learned that if you double click on the error, it takes you to the general area of where the problem is.  Good luck!

This worked for me thanks so much!!!

2 hours ago, VeiledOwl said:

Check all the mission text for < and >'s and look for broken HTML inside them. It could be that the closing / is missing (I.e. not <i> italicshere </i>. If so, that's an easy fix of adding a slash. It could also be that sometimes when copying/pasting/moving text around, the tags break or insert gibberish/fragments of what you copypasted inside them. If you can't find the break, try erasing them all and then reapplying them. It's usually the color HTML that breaks for me, but it's certainly done it with bold and italics before.

When I tried @GM_GooglyMoogly method it took me down to 'Still busy dialog.'  It was my fault and I didn't notice until I tried this Googlys method. Thanks as well for taking the time in replying to my post.

4 hours ago, heyedwin said:

I'm trying to test my custom map but I keep getting this error, 'Mission 1: Improperly formatted HTML, unsupported tag detected.'.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  This is my first time trying to make a map and testing it in AE.  I've attached the error screen shot.

3sk.png

I didn't know you could make custom maps. Is it a tool in the MA?

I'm pretty sure he was not making a custom map because that's apparently something devs have to sort out themselves and do "pathing" on (for say when a foe runs to you, or you lead an NPC out - where to do they walk, do they avoid getting stuck behind a crate?  Do they know a good route around that corner? etc).  Making custom maps is something we've always asked for and have always been told that it just can't happen because of the complexity and time it takes to work out said pathing, and then how would you even try and make it line up with another bit, etc.

I think the OP was just trying to say their custom mission, not map.

• Thanks 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝