Prestige for Super Groups Again

I understand the "quick Fix" that was done for players to just have their own base with a depleted player base and to turn all requirements off to allow access to everything, but it would be great to have Prestige gain and Super Group badges back again.

(and please forgive any incohesive formatting......it's late but I want to get this posted)

This doesn't have to be the old system.  It doesn't need to be attached to the base components.  But turning SG mode on and gaining Prestige (not necessarily taking away from Infamy, but the 50% metric would still be acceptable) while allowing you to contribute to Group badges again would be great, give groups goals, and bring about a consolidation of the player base, allowing us to organize better!!  And I mean put in plenty of badges.  Ideas for badges could include:

X Amount of TF/SFs completed

X Amount of Merits collected

X Amount of Prestige collected

X Amount of items sold on the Market

X Amount of items bought on the Market

X Amount of Enemies Defeated

- X Amount of Minions/Lts/Bosses Defeated

- X Amount of Particular Group Defeated

- X Amount of Heroes/ArchVillains Defeated

X Amount of Y Damage Dealt

X Amount of Y Damage Taken

X Amount of Health Healed

X Amount of Levels gained

X Amount of Pets lost

X Amount of Radio/Newspaper Missions completed

(This was a paragraph that caused confusion and de-railed much of the thread.  It has been quoted on page 4 by Rudra to fairly be cataloged.  It was an additional idea that was presented with this one.  I pushed back against criticism due to the now bold statements.  I apologize for my side of the confusion instead of addressing that expediently.  As seen, there is plenty of people okay with Prestige just being there and not attached to the base, or that the badges come back without being an item requirement again, but this was the section that was being blasted, which I can understand as it was presented and easily interpreted as a conflict)

To be clear: I'm not asking for everyone to lose their bases for solo play and make them pay for everything again and what not if they want to keep them.  I'm just asking that groups that wish to consolidate to get goals and perks they can work for once again which can help build teams to do events, in particular on redside.  And Prestige was just a cool metric as to how much mileage your group had and how much "damage" you had dealt to the gangs and organizations of Paragon City and the Rogue Isles.

Edited by Earth Dragon
Secondary idea that was not part of the main post's proposition
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 11

1 hour ago, Earth Dragon said:

This doesn't have to be the old system.  It doesn't need to be attached to the base components.  But turning SG mode on and gaining Prestige (not necessarily taking away from Infamy, but the 50% metric would still be acceptable) while allowing you to contribute to Group badges again would be great, give groups goals, and bring about a consolidation of the player base, allowing us to organize better!!  And I mean put in plenty of badges.  Ideas for badges could include:

To be clear: I'm not asking for everyone to lose their bases for solo play and make them pay for everything again and what not if they want to keep them.  I'm just asking that groups that wish to consolidate get goals and perks they can work for once again which can help build teams to do events, in particular on redside.  And Prestige was just a cool metric as to how much mileage your group had and how much "damage" you had dealt to the gangs and organizations of Paragon City and the Rogue Isles.

I don't understand. This request seems to be "can I have some feelz pleez?" There are plenty of badges that invite team play, if that is what you really want.

Whatever this request really is, restricting base building is not a cool approach, any more than it would be to restrict costume options.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, tidge said:

I don't understand. This request seems to be "can I have some feelz pleez?" There are plenty of badges that invite team play, if that is what you really want.

Whatever this request really is, restricting base building is not a cool approach, any more than it would be to restrict costume options.

At no point did I say they should go back to restricting base building.  Thank you for being the guy that jumps in early and pisses on the post without reading it.

It's about giving the Super Group goals and accomplishments again.  At this stage the Super Group got co-opted so that individuals could have a personal hideout at the sacrifice of any type of SG advancement at all.  Those badges you mention are for the individual, not the SG.

Edited by Earth Dragon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

I'm not in a SG, nor do I have my own private base, but this reminds me of that old story about that psychologist (?) who gave a kid a dollar each day to play in the playground.  One day, after a week or so, the kid approached the researcher for his daily dollar, and the researcher said he didn't have any money.  To which the kid replied, "then I'm not going to play." 

(BTW, I'd appreciate it if someone could verify or debunk this story - couldn't find the source online.)

I remember when Warcraft guilds got perks in Cataclysm.  Killed my interest in guilds entirely.  Instead of being social clubs where people chatted and voluntarily helped each other out, guilds suddenly became businesses in miniature, obsessed with chasing down all the little buffs and such.  When the guild I was in started recruiting based on their perks instead of their communities, I noped right out.

• Like 4

On 1/30/2024 at 9:04 AM, Water said:

Turn on prestige without badges.

Deleting the content of this post only due to it being more side bar then anything.

My apologies

Edited by Earth Dragon
Post was too much of a side bar
  • Thumbs Down 4

Why tie anything new into Prestige though? Just add new stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

I'm not in a SG, nor do I have my own private base, but this reminds me of that old story about that psychologist (?) who gave a kid a dollar each day to play in the playground.  One day, after a week or so, the kid approached the researcher for his daily dollar, and the researcher said he didn't have any money.  To which the kid replied, "then I'm not going to play." 

This analogy falls way flat.  We showed back up to the playground, but much of the old equipment is missing.  We can see the parts lying there to put it back together, but only the official workers for the city who have the permits are allowed to touch it.

While we "play on the swings", it'd be much appreciated if the city workers come by and use the parts that are already there and the space that is already available to throw up some of that old equipment that was taken down

• Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, Frostbiter said:

Why tie anything new into Prestige though? Just add new stuff.

Prestige is a good metric for some things because you get it from however you want to play the game.

It is a general marker of how much impact those associated with that base have had on the landscape.  Unlike Influence, how much you've gained never goes down.  And unlike experience, how much you can gain isn't limited.

It provides for progression, long term goals, and allows the "group" to accomplish these things, not just the individual.

Why not just start every character at level 50?

Why not just give everyone unlimited access to every Enhancement, Recipe, and anything else they want on their character during creation?

Why not just click on the TF contact and get the rewards without playing it if you don't want to bother, have too small of a group, or don't have the time?

Why is group accomplishment something that has to be burned at the stake?

• Thumbs Down 4

I'm fine with turnin on prestige but for what you are askin that's a hard Hell No.

First, this post should be in Suggestion and Feedback or at least Base Construction but not in General Discussions. 

Secondly, there are already Longbow and Arachnis Guards within the NPCs in base editing. 

Thirdly and most importantly. As I've been told by the Base Reps,  things that you are askin could crash bases altogether. The base code is a finicky beast that the Devs just don't like to mess that much because it can corrupt the base code and no one would get to have a base. Point to point NPC movement will never happen within the bases.

You say that the base is missing old components?  I honestly don't think ANYONE is missing prestige,  nor would they have a reason too. And that is about the only thing that is missing from the bases. All the items from live are still in the editing mode a long with hundreds of new items and the Devs are doin great to continue to add more.

Bases are fine the way they are without addin a bunch of stuff no one cares about other then a handful of badgers. 

@Etched

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

4 minutes ago, Earth Dragon said:

Prestige is a good metric for some things because you get it from however you want to play the game.

Not really, the choice is to earn prestige or to earn INF. That is how it used to be anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Earth Dragon said:

It is a general marker of how much impact those associated with that base have had on the landscape.  Unlike Influence, how much you've gained never goes down.  And unlike experience, how much you can gain isn't limited.

It provides for progression, long term goals, and allows the "group" to accomplish these things, not just the individual.

Why not just start every character at level 50?

Why not just give everyone unlimited access to every Enhancement, Recipe, and anything else they want on their character during creation?

Why not just click on the TF contact and get the rewards without playing it if you don't want to bother, have too small of a group, or don't have the time?

Why is group accomplishment something that has to be burned at the stake?

Under the old system it was either Prestige or Inf. That was not a good metric for rewarding players.

• Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

1. This thread should be in the suggestions/feedback section.

2. It's not a good idea to tie base construction to anything that requires teamwork at this point in the game development as base building is a creative work for our fellow players and to restrict their creativity behind new gates they'd have to overcome just doesn't make sense from a pragmatic standpoint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 4

Absolute no to anything even remotely like the old prestige system and absolutely no to any new kind of prestige system.  The game is far, far, far better off without it.   Spend some time taking a tour around the servers to the beautiful bases people have built, many of them freely open to the community for use, that never would have been possible under the old prestige system.  Hard no on prestige.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

I mean why not something like a SG level? Where fighting in your SG colours earns you xp towards that and at certain thresholds (Like with veteran levels) you earn a badge? I think adding things to the bases that need to be unlocked is more limiting then what people want sadly 😞

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

2 hours ago, Water said:

Not really, the choice is to earn prestige or to earn INF. That is how it used to be anyway.

No one suggested it needed to stay that way.  There are other adjustments that can be made.  Just turn on SG mode and it's less harsh or not at all.

Also, let's keep in mind that the OP was about badges and accolades.  The 'wondering guards" was just an example of something that could be offered through the prestige system IF turned back on.  Turn it back on for now, then decide what you can do with it.

But with the influx of players, better to turn it on now in some capacity that way people are already building something while the devs look to do something more with it.  Super Group progression has it's place to exist, and I see it asked for 10 times a day on the Everlasting general chat

Edited by Earth Dragon
  • Thumbs Down 3

I feel it's too far down the road to implement SG prestige, items and badges like this.  It would require a complete paradigm shift on how the game is played for many people, as most I know have a personal base as a vault, plus all of the bases people build for the creative experience, or teleporter hubs, etc.  When the game was pay-to-play, the prestige grind made sense as the game needed people to keep subscribing.  

I am not in favor of adding more "grind" badges at all.  

If you want to have SG prestige just for the number, without tying it to badges or items, sure why not.  I would much prefer having new base decorative items tied to in-game achievements, like a new poster or base item for completing TFs, SFs, etc (ie new Arachnos recruitment poster for completing LRSF).

• Like 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

4 minutes ago, tidge said:

Ah, the old "I don't want to deny other players anything, I just want more rewards for players that might already be playing the way I prefer they play" argument.

Comment that means nothing.  Please state some actual words

• Thumbs Down 9

Do you offer any evidence that people aren't already playing the way you would prefer, or evidence that people aren't already building bases like you want?

If not, this has the "solution in search of a problem" feel to it.

EDIT: I can go ahead and report that at least one redside group exists, with their own custom base on Torchbearer, that regularly runs content as a team. As near as I can tell we are doing it for the comradery and the love of the game.

Edited by tidge
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't want anything in bases tied to prestige again.  But if you want to bring the system back and have badges for earning prestige, then sure, why not?

And to keep it from being completely useless as a currency, add the option somewhere to buy a merit reward for one billion prestige.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Earth Dragon said:

This analogy falls way flat.  We showed back up to the playground, but much of the old equipment is missing.  We can see the parts lying there to put it back together, but only the official workers for the city who have the permits are allowed to touch it.

While we "play on the swings", it'd be much appreciated if the city workers come by and use the parts that are already there and the space that is already available to throw up some of that old equipment that was taken down

All analogies are flawed.  My point is this:  Once an activity that people normally do for fun is saddled with some sort of arbitrary "reward,"  the activity loses some fun factor for the sake of chasing that reward.  Again, I saw it happen in WoW guilds, and I'm not a fan of that kind of mechanic.

• Thumbs Up 4

43 minutes ago, Earth Dragon said:

I see it asked for 10 times a day on the Everlasting general chat

Looks like your forum profile is a week and a half old. I've played on Everlasting since the server was created back in 2019, and when I play I'll chat in general chat quite a bit.

I've never seen anyone request for base building to require prestige once. I'm not saying your a liar by any means, but I've been there for a long time and can't say I've seen the same requests.

Most of the people over on Everlasting that I know, enjoy the freedom to design their bases, so that they can use them to be functional like my personal base, express their artistic design, be a tribute to someone or something, or further a role playing story by providing a new and interesting setting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1