Enemy “gathering” abilities.

I’m interested in these abilities that allow you to gather baddies. I know battle axe has one.  Also Mind controls telekinesis is also has/getting this ability. 

Are there any other powers that have this ability?

Clearly axe melee (except scrappers) will have a higher recharge time thus able to do so more often.

That said I’m intrigued by the telekinesis  and would have to focus on as much recharge and end recovery as possible. 

So next question is how could I recharge telekinesis the fastest? Kin,rad,time or some other controller secondary I missed 

Singularity now has a slow -repel effect. I can't think of any additional ones off the top of my head.

3 recharge reduction enhancements will cut the recharge time just about in half. Hasten also helps. Just remember, recharge reduction is a divisive stat, so it has diminishing returns the more you add.

Ok so if gravity has wormhole and singularity (though I’m not sure how much control you would have over the location of where it pulls to)

mind has just telekinesis both that and wormhole have a “slow” recharge (don’t have the actual numbers)

Both could add from Teleport pool. 

couples with a secondary to help with recharge and hopefully end

Even with all this I don’t know how realistically I could alternate the two to get to an every pull scenario. 

Shesh I had no idea there were near this man “gather” powers out there.  That’s an interesting addition. I’ve never played a war shade. I know they have some ranged and melee builds but if we are looking at melee I’m guessing axe would do a better job though there may be a damage trade off. 

that said I realize a controller’s damage output would be lower than both but would come with additional CC effects once mobs were gathered

28 minutes ago, Cpt. Caveat said:

Shesh I had no idea there were near this man “gather” powers out there.  That’s an interesting addition. I’ve never played a war shade. I know they have some ranged and melee builds but if we are looking at melee I’m guessing axe would do a better job though there may be a damage trade off. 

that said I realize a controller’s damage output would be lower than both but would come with additional CC effects once mobs were gathered

Axe Cyclone's radius is very small, you're only going to be sucking in mobs that are relatively close, unlike the other abilities which will give you much more distance. I have both Fold Space and Axe Cyclone on my tanker, functionally they're different powers and useful in different situations.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Judasace said:
52 minutes ago, Judasace said:

Axe Cyclone's radius is very small, you're only going to be sucking in mobs that are relatively close, unlike the other abilities which will give you much more distance. I have both Fold Space and Axe Cyclone on my tanker, functionally they're different powers and useful in different situations.

This really makes me think I would rather lean toward a controller with two pull powers like from Teleport pool and either gravity for wormhole or mind for telekinesis. 

I’ve seen wormhole used back in live but haven’t seen how telekinesis is going to work with a new -repel. 

If I can narrow it down to Grav or Mind my next task is to get a secondary that satisfies my desire for recharge and at least some solution to what I assume will be and end heavy main. 

Rad and Kin were about it back when I last played (AM being more consistent and kin achieving higher recharge in combat plus its other buffs). So I know little of time in practice which appears to have some recharge but really I’m looking for the most bang for my buck and I don’t know if time could touch kin or rad

*edit Holy crap that was needless long winded, thank you for helping spitball on my meta ideas.

Edited by Cpt. Caveat

Traps is getting Time Bomb changed to Temporal Bomb in the next patch.  This gives a +recovery/+recharge/+movement patch to allies and a similar debuff to enemies.

The reason I specifically mention Traps is that Wormhole into traps is a hilariously good time.

• Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

So if the new buffs to bomb can make offset enough to what looks like tons of fun with so man things to drop baddies on with traps. It may be a bit slow on the setup side, maybe a little end heavy, but tons of utility. 

I’m a bit new to navigating some of the info out there. But right now I can only think of lvling up enough or DL beta to see hard numbers on the unenhanced recharge of wormhole and telekinesis. 

and I got Jack taco if I can even calculate percentage of recharge for things like AM, siphon speed, whatever may be in time, or coming in traps. 

I may also be a complete moron who shouldn’t be doing this on his phone and get a hero builder to possibly solve all this. (Forgive me it’s nostalgic to talk to like minded CoH folk)

8 hours ago, Cpt. Caveat said:

IMO Time will satisfy your recharge needs with its final power, Chrono Shift. It's an AoE +Recharge, +Rech, Heal, +End , Healing over Time, +Recovery. The Healing and End are instant, the HoT, +Rec only last 30 seconds, but the +Rech is +50% and lasts 1:30. Combined with Hasten and slotting for recharge, it will be perma. On my Ill/Time, who is slotted heavily for recharge, I have 245% global recharge at all times. With Ageless (Incarnate power) it's between 285% and 255%. At that much recharge, you can even get a power like Burnout to be up on a reasonably regular basis.

A couple of other good things about time is that its got a -Rech/Hold patch and a PBAOE -Speed/-To Hit/-Damage Toggle so  whatever you're pulling to you will be stuck in those effects. The -To Hit is nice, because Time also has Farsight, which adds about 15% global defense (26% with Power Build Up) which means all that stuff you're pulling to you will likely get off one attack, which will miss, then either stand there waiting for attacks to recharge or attempt to move out of the patches, which they'll be doing at -128% run speed, so they won't really be going anywhere before they're dead.

The targeted AoE hold patch and the additional ST hold Time has will also stack with your holds from your primary, meaning you can stack some pretty high mag holds on targets.  If you go into Primal Forces APP for Power Build Up, You'll be able to AoE Hold almost everything you come across, and ST Hold about anything that isn't effectively immune to holds.

The only down sides to time for me are the fact that you have to use Time Crawl to apply the Delayed effect  to get the most out of certain powers on single targets, it's +Damage buff is ST rather than AoE, and its AoE -Def/-Res power comes relatively late, at 28.

• Thanks 1

Wow perma chono shift now that sounds like fun. 

This was and end game build I’m going for as I realize that powers need are deep in the secondary tree.

Thank you for a breakdown on time, and quite honestly I think I’m sold. Grav/time and try to fit in fold space or whatever it is in teleport pool and I think I can achieve a reasonable recharge rate with other tools 

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as controlling where your Singularity pulls people to, you can always use the teleport-friend power from the Teleport pool to put your Sing exactly where you want it.  Sure, it'll move from there to follow you, but til then you've got *some* control.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

48 minutes ago, sbloyd said:

As far as controlling where your Singularity pulls people to, you can always use the teleport-friend power from the Teleport pool to put your Sing exactly where you want it.  Sure, it'll move from there to follow you, but til then you've got *some* control.

Ohh I like that option.  Just as a placement to start it out. I know it can’t be healed but didn’t know you could TP friend it. 

I like it, I think this just might be viable and fun. I don’t expect a dps machine but I love the meta idea of setting up mobs for teammate aoes and cones. 

Also the few times I tanked was only so good at consolidating baddies when pugs are aoe aggro machines flying through the corridors. 

I feel like this would be a way to consolidate during the fray as well as pre pull setups

There's other fun interactions between teleports and Singularities.  Because Singularities will pull *upwards*, you can deposit Fold Space/Wormhole/Shadow Slip victims in the air, and a Singularity above will slow their plummet to the ground as it tries to hoover them all up.

And, of course, there's the Wormhole favourite of putting the "output" side of the wormhole a hundred meters straight up...

• Haha 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

I have an end-game Gravity/Time controller with combat teleport, teleport, teleport target, and fold space. It's absolutely awesome.

You can easily become defense soft-capped which makes you very tanky (you can pretend to be a tanker for short periods and a little luck).

You are highly mobile and can teleport yourself and your singularity wherever you want to be at. 

Slot your singularity with a KB ->KD  sudden acceleration, and it will happily basketball dribble the foes it drags in.

Both Wormhole and Fold Space benefit greatly from accuracy and recharge which you can get a lot of, and especially an occasional "Ultimate" Inspiration. That inspiration gives you a three minute temporary level shift, which increases your teleport magnitude on those two powers enough to move level 54 bosses and EB's, which ordinarily will resist those powers even if you are at 50+1. They're expensive, so unless you have a lot of influence to spend, use them with good judgment.

You can use keybinds to make your teleport powers are wormhole easier to work with, if you don't like using the mouse-reticle. E.g.,

/bind h powexeclocation camera:max Wormhole

/bind g powexeclocation target Combat Teleport

/bind shift+g powexeclocation target Teleport

You could use any keys you like; in this case I'm using h for wormHole and g for "go-to". Select any mob in a group, even if it's fairly far away, move back to where you want them, and look (camera) where you want them to go. Press h. Boom, it will grab them and throw them at the point your camera is looking at. It has surprising range and will go around corners and through walls this way.

G, and shift+g will be your mobility commands. Select a target or team-member, press g, and you will G-to them instantly. If you need to go further than combat teleport allows, press Shift-G. If you fall behind your team on a map, you can select one of them and teleport to them. Teleport doesn't suppress in combat, you can use this even while fighting. Since you are fairly tanky, you could run ahead, aggro a bunch of mobs, and teleport back to you team to do a long range pull safely.

You don't need any other travel powers. Teleport takes some getting used to, but it is extremely fast and flexible. Here's two binds I find to make Teleport easier to travel with:

/bind shift+lbutton powexecname Teleport

/bind shift+u powexeclocation up:max Teleport

The first one will teleport me to wherever my cursor is when I shift+left-click. You can do this in fairly rapid succession and it's very fast travel. But, buildings and obstacles will be in the way. That's when I use shift+u -- it teleports me straight up as far as I can go, and then it is much easier to line up more teleports to my destination.

Overall, Gravity/Time is a powerful and fun combination. You are second to no one for your ability to put mobs where you want them. Fold Space clears a bunch to you, your singularity will grab their aggro and bounce them -- a pretty good mitigation. Any fold space misses, you can grab with Wormhole and keep the pile of holds, slows, and destruction around your singularity fed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Andreah said:

I have an end-game Gravity/Time controller with combat teleport, teleport, teleport target, and fold space. It's absolutely awesome.

You can easily become defense soft-capped which makes you very tanky (you can pretend to be a tanker for short periods and a little luck).

You are highly mobile and can teleport yourself and your singularity wherever you want to be at. 

Slot your singularity with a KB ->KD  sudden acceleration, and it will happily basketball dribble the foes it drags in.

Both Wormhole and Fold Space benefit greatly from accuracy and recharge which you can get a lot of, and especially an occasional "Ultimate" Inspiration. That inspiration gives you a three minute temporary level shift, which increases your teleport magnitude on those two powers enough to move level 54 bosses and EB's, which ordinarily will resist those powers even if you are at 50+1. They're expensive, so unless you have a lot of influence to spend, use them with good judgment.

You can use keybinds to make your teleport powers are wormhole easier to work with, if you don't like using the mouse-reticle. E.g.,

/bind h powexeclocation camera:max Wormhole

/bind g powexeclocation target Combat Teleport

/bind shift+g powexeclocation target Teleport

You could use any keys you like; in this case I'm using h for wormHole and g for "go-to". Select any mob in a group, even if it's fairly far away, move back to where you want them, and look (camera) where you want them to go. Press h. Boom, it will grab them and throw them at the point your camera is looking at. It has surprising range and will go around corners and through walls this way.

G, and shift+g will be your mobility commands. Select a target or team-member, press g, and you will G-to them instantly. If you need to go further than combat teleport allows, press Shift-G. If you fall behind your team on a map, you can select one of them and teleport to them. Teleport doesn't suppress in combat, you can use this even while fighting. Since you are fairly tanky, you could run ahead, aggro a bunch of mobs, and teleport back to you team to do a long range pull safely.

You don't need any other travel powers. Teleport takes some getting used to, but it is extremely fast and flexible. Here's two binds I find to make Teleport easier to travel with:

/bind shift+lbutton powexecname Teleport

/bind shift+u powexeclocation up:max Teleport

The first one will teleport me to wherever my cursor is when I shift+left-click. You can do this in fairly rapid succession and it's very fast travel. But, buildings and obstacles will be in the way. That's when I use shift+u -- it teleports me straight up as far as I can go, and then it is much easier to line up more teleports to my destination.

Overall, Gravity/Time is a powerful and fun combination. You are second to no one for your ability to put mobs where you want them. Fold Space clears a bunch to you, your singularity will grab their aggro and bounce them -- a pretty good mitigation. Any fold space misses, you can grab with Wormhole and keep the pile of holds, slows, and destruction around your singularity fed. 

Ok in a nutshell that is everything I wanted to accomplish in a build right down to the macros I had already been looking up. I used TP in live for a few toons. 

That sounds like all the control I had my heart set on. In the event you had an example of your build so I can get an idea of slotting and skipped powers as I have not done a full build out since live.

I mean there was a point I was 6 slotting hasten and stamina on every build. 

One caveat: unless they changed it recently, teleporting mobs puts a debuff on them that prevents another teleport, so unfortunately you can't do shenanigans like chain-teleporting mobs across a map.

Alas.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, sbloyd said:

One caveat: unless they changed it recently, teleporting mobs puts a debuff on them that prevents another teleport, so unfortunately you can't do shenanigans like chain-teleporting mobs across a map.

Alas.

Meh I can work around that with hopes I can get one big teleport/wormhole per pull.   

Though I saw that dimension shit can phase teammates and wondered if this is a viable “save zone” from ranged and aoe fire to “heal up” etc. using it as an Oh crap power. 

* edit* I haven’t looked at animations for time yet but original idea was to have them look “trippy” maybe multi colored. 

I saw the mushroom aura and wanted to go a bit of the mushroom mind control. Interdimensional being comes to earth only to find the fungus here overtakes and controls his brain for its own purposes. 

Then as cheesy a name as possible, something like “Sporeatic Gravitease”

Edited by Cpt. Caveat

15 hours ago, Judasace said:

Teleport pool has Fold Space which brings enemies to you, Gravity Control has Wormhole which lets you move a group of enemies.

i must say, fold space is one of the best powers added in recent times. the current trend of introducing gathering powers is fantastic

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Cpt. Caveat said:

Though I saw that dimension shit can phase teammates and wondered if this is a viable “save zone” from ranged and aoe fire to “heal up” etc. using it as an Oh crap power. 

Playing solo, it can work really well as an "Oh Crap!" power; but it's very difficult to use well in team settings. usually people will ask you to stop using it because they can't attack mobs that are inside the dimension shift field. You might be able to use it to create safe zones, but you could also use Teleport Target to port people who are in trouble or dead to a safe spot a little ways away from the action. Your teleport travel power is then good to get yourself back into the action. You zip out, teleport someone dead out of the fray so they can get back up, and you zip back in and pile more mobs on the fire.

1 hour ago, Andreah said:

Playing solo, it can work really well as an "Oh Crap!" power; but it's very difficult to use well in team settings. usually people will ask you to stop using it because they can't attack mobs that are inside the dimension shift field. You might be able to use it to create safe zones, but you could also use Teleport Target to port people who are in trouble or dead to a safe spot a little ways away from the action. Your teleport travel power is then good to get yourself back into the action. You zip out, teleport someone dead out of the fray so they can get back up, and you zip back in and pile more mobs on the fire.

Actually I might be ok with this idea as it would give me another power I won’t lose sleep over not picking up. 

I also assume that to get defensive caps I still need to dip into get tough and weave though I would rather dip into leadership but that might not provide enough defense and also still need fighting pool

*and again thanks to the community for all your help and insights 

Edited by Cpt. Caveat

1 hour ago, Cpt. Caveat said:

I also assume that to get defensive caps I still need to dip into get tough and weave though I would rather dip into leadership but that might not provide enough defense and also still need fighting pool

Yes, they're very good to have.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Andreah said:

Your teleport travel power is then good to get yourself back into the action. You zip out, teleport someone dead out of the fray so they can get back up, and you zip back in and pile more mobs on the fire.

Heck yeah! On my grav/kin I have a macro handy for "teleport straight back max distance" in case I'm in over my head.  Pop out, catch my breath, pop back in.

• Thumbs Up 1