Invisible/Blank Claws weapon models

56 minutes ago, megaericzero said:

you don't consider non-weapon costume pieces suitable substitutes for true weapon models (eg: pirate hooks for claws or thick gloves for assault/beam rifle)

In the case of pirate hooks for claws?

On 2/11/2024 at 1:16 PM, Rudra said:

Look, in the case of the hook hands (or similar weapon glove models should they be added), I'm fine with those overriding the Claws weapon models or having added claws weapon models that are hooks (and so would disappear into the hook gloves). Those are still weapons being used for the Claws weapon set. If a player wants to have claws that aren't weapons though? They have the Savage Melee set for that. (Which is why it exists.)

In the case for thick gloves for assault rifle/beam rifle? If those thick gloves had incorporated weaponry such as visible weaponry attached on the outside of the gloves, I would be fine with it.

weapon sets have to have distinct weapon models - even as integrated weapons - that can't just be part of the normal costume options

Something visible and recognizable as a weapon, yes. (Edit: Even if it is a repurposed normal costume option or blends into the existing normal costume option. The hooks from my own quote in this response as example.)

you feel weapon sets should be distinct from bodily-integrated weapons (eg: War Machine isn't assault rifle, he's "Arsenal Blast")

Since he is in your example, if you look at War Machine? He is literally covered in visible weaponry. Other weapons that are not always visible become visible before he uses them. It is because he is an obvious arsenal of weaponry that Tony dubbed the armor War Machine. If you look at Iron Man? He has visible weaponry too. From the micro-missiles that pop out of his shoulder to the repulsors built into his gloves. The repulsors may be fitted into the palms of the gloves, but they still have obvious emitters built into the gloves that are always visible to others unless he intentionally prevents them from being seen by hiding his palms. And no, neither is "Arsenal Blast", both would be Power Armor set (like in CO). Weapon sets use weapons. Those weapons may be obvious from a distance or they may be much more discreet, but anyone seeing a character using weapons sees the character using weapons. So yes, I'm fine with additional weapon options for the various weapon sets in the game, as long as they have weaponry built into them that the set revolves around. Including added hook models for the claws set that will go completely unnoticed with the hook hands costume part or can be a hook with palm-held cross piece like they use for working with hay bales for characters that don't have hook hands but want to have hooks for claws as well. I'm fine with gloves with visible integrated weaponry, even if they are like Iron Man's. However, I am against designed as a weapon set power set having no weapons as an option. Why should no weapons stop for Beam Rifle or Assault Rifle? Why not no weapons for Staff Fighting? Or Titan Weapons? For clarity, I'm against those too.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The Warhulk already has claws. You didn't need to photoshop them in. It works though.

I can't tell if you're joking or not but just in case, that's not photoshopped it's a prestige costume

Edited by Super Atom

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Something visible and recognizable as a weapon, yes. (Edit: Even if it is a repurposed normal costume option or blends into the existing normal costume option. The hooks from my own quote in this response as example.)

Alright cool; thanks for clearing that up. I can agree with this. I teased with the Monster Hunter example but that was under the impression you were opposed to integrated weapons outright. The War Machine thing was just to help me further understand where you stand on things.

Given the costume creator can hide options - and presumably show but, you know, SCR - based on things you've already selected (I think it's one of the Tech Knight belts that hides all capes and vice versa?), you could feasibly have an "integrated" weapon option that is normally not displayed and have fitting costume pieces for respective weapons flagged to show the option. So in a mechanical sense "invisible weapons" but in practice only when the model has the right substitute active.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/31/2024 at 8:29 PM, Random Robot said:

Now that, thanks to asymmetrical gloves, we can make a character with two hook hands it'd be pretty cool if we could make a Claws character with no weapon model for the claws.

(Obviously there is Savage Melee but that comes with a pretty specific built-in "savage" theme with the animations and FX, and more options are always better.)

how about they add claw like nails

, not too long, but like sabertooths in marvel

28 minutes ago, punahou said:

how about they add claw like nails

, not too long, but like sabertooths in marvel

The monstrous glove options are basically that.  The issue, though, is having to provide alternate animations that use an open-hand swipe animation.  These kind of exist in savage melee, but I don't know if said animations could be ported over 1:1.