Looking for help on a hockey player themed character

Hockeytown

Hi everyone, and thank you Homecoming for letting me play one of my favorite games again.

So I'm looking to make my hockey player character again, like I had on live, but I'd like to better theme him this time.  I was spines/regen on live, and really liked it, but I'm wanting to pick power sets that better fit the idea.  I've never played Kinetic Melee, and like that it's got some AoE, so I thought that could be good.  No idea on the secondary, but would prefer not to have stuff that covers the costume.  I'm really open to any power set ideas if you've got them.  Would still like to be a monster and have primary/secondary that complement, but I'm more leaning to the theme.  Heck, maybe even a different class would be the way to go.  I think melee first for hockey obviously, but honestly I like most classes.

Any thoughts out there?  Thanks in advance. :)

Kinetic Melee is not really strong on AOE - burst is small.  Im starting to love this unloved set, but Id not choose it for AOE. 

StJ has Im told decent AOE and looks very ‘hockey brawl punchy’ to me.

Secondary - for Ice Hockey Player, maybe Willpower?

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Kinetic Melee is not really strong on AOE - burst is small.  Im starting to love this unloved set, but Id not choose it for AOE. 

StJ has Im told decent AOE and looks very ‘hockey brawl punchy’ to me.

Secondary - for Ice Hockey Player, maybe Willpower?

Street Justice is sounding fun to me, and I agree with the brawl theme to it.  Thank you both!

I've never used Willpower.  Looks like a mix of the various defense types.  Lots of toggles.  I'll need to research it.  Thank you.

Anybody else got thoughts?

If you fiddle with the colors a bit, the Tech or Pipe models for Staff Fighting kinda look like hockey sticks.  It's probably best to check for yourself firsthand, though.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

If you fiddle with the colors a bit, the Tech or Pipe models for Staff Fighting kinda look like hockey sticks.  It's probably best to check for yourself firsthand, though.

Cool idea!  I'll definitely look at that.  Thank you.

So what did you build him as?  What server?

I did Street Justice and Will Power.  Torchbearer server.  :)

Have not played him much yet.  I've always been an altaholic.

Attached an image of the costume.  Not sure how to put image in the post.

Hockeytown.jpg.356400c29310d4774e46f8b7bc62bb28.jpg

IIRC, one of the back options is a hockey/sports equipment bag with all sorts of sporting equipment sticking out of it a la Kasey Jones...

You got me curious.  There is a Post Apoc 1 golf bag with spiked bat and other stuff.  Haha.  I'm not too big on the back stuff except capes in some concepts.  I appreciate it though.  Might come i handy for a future alt.  Thanks!