Help with ice/dark and question on recharge

Grymbeard

hello, I am trying to get a perma hasten and as close to perma blizzard as I can get, with an ice /dark corr, but I seem to be unable to get hasten down past 121 seconds.. so just shy of perma. Is there a rule that says you can only have so much recharge from various sources? like, can I not have all the +10% recharge sets slotted?

22 minutes ago, Grymbeard said:

hello, I am trying to get a perma hasten and as close to perma blizzard as I can get, with an ice /dark corr, but I seem to be unable to get hasten down past 121 seconds.. so just shy of perma. Is there a rule that says you can only have so much recharge from various sources? like, can I not have all the +10% recharge sets slotted?

Interesting….

okay, i have just leveled a ice/dark.  For the second time.  This one will be my “main”.  I love the concept and power/synergy that much.  

i ran two +4 kill most itf as soon as i hit 50.  If I had Blizzard on perma it would have been a waste.  There are too many other good powers that need to be focused on as well.  In my opinion. It is a huge swiss army knife.  Sure, Bliz is great…a lot of other things to do.  The other rain Ice Storm is up very fast and i do not build (on this toon) for recharge.  In fact, while i have hasten, it may only get the default slot with one recharge on my final build. I find my ST chain is important to work against hard targets, and with 3 holds in that i can get hyper focused on burning down an EB or AV and still remember to drop AOEs lol. I am getting better about that. Tar patch is a necessity, that debuff is great.  

I do not have a finalized build. I use a lot of sets with ranged defense. I am using Dark Epic and will not finalize the build until revamped Dark Epic drops with ranged Soul….er Spirt Drain.  That should keep me even more at Range. In teams I struggle to stay out of the madness. Working on it. After I do I Trials I will probably be better.  Fing Vickies lol.  

Rule of 5 for IO slotting. You can only have 5 sources of the same bonus.

Blizzard has a base recharge of 170 seconds.

Also maximum recharge value is 500%, you start at 100% to allow for slow debuffs.

Blizzard lasts 15 seconds so even at the theoretical recharge limit, you wouldn't have it perma.

If you really need hasten to be perma you can look at other recharge bonuses that give out values like 8.75%, 7.5%, 6.25%, and 5%. Additionally there's base buffs to help recharge as well, or incarnate choices you can make.

That said it's not always necessary to get perma hasten, as you might have to give up more than you want with slotting choices.

1 hour ago, Grymbeard said:

that is what I was looking for SeraphimKensai, so only 5 instances of the same bonus (i.e. the 10%, 8.75% etc...) so I need to mix it up once I've reached 5. Thanks!

Yes, and you can get hasten perma( as long as you're not slowed) if you really need. 

Once again you'll never be able to perma blizzard, closest you can get is with a Sentinel (as the base recharge time on Blizzard is 90 seconds, but the duration is reduced to 8 seconds).

9 hours ago, Grymbeard said:

that is what I was looking for SeraphimKensai, so only 5 instances of the same bonus (i.e. the 10%, 8.75% etc...) so I need to mix it up once I've reached 5. Thanks!

the 7.5% from luck of the gambler has a diff bonus name, and is seapate from all others, so 5xlotg 7.5 and 5x7.5 from elsewhere...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

the 7.5% from luck of the gambler has a diff bonus name, and is seapate from all others, so 5xlotg 7.5 and 5x7.5 from elsewhere...

I've long wondered about that, since on Mids there was never conflict between 5x LotG and other 7.5% buffs - I always assumed it was a bug, but this is good to know!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Story Archer said:

I've long wondered about that, since on Mids there was never conflict between 5x LotG and other 7.5% buffs - I always assumed it was a bug, but this is good to know!

it is the name of the bonus.  So a few others look real similar.  but it is the exact wording that lets you know if there is a conflict.  lotg7.5 confuses everyone at first

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

it is the name of the bonus.  So a few others look real similar.  but it is the exact wording that lets you know if there is a conflict.  lotg7.5 confuses everyone at first

Yeah afaik to date it's the only 'exception' if you're looking at the values and not the wording of the name.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later

I used mids to rig up a build with as much recharge as I could muster - it played like garbage. Smelly, warm garbage. 

Ice blast is already a "fast" set, with fairly fast activation times, except for Bitter Freeze Ray. To me, when we look at blizzard, one of the better reasons to take ice blast, and see that at best, it's only going to be up every other fight. So, we might as well just aim for about 150-160% recharge and focus on other areas, like accuracy and defense. 

But, that's just my opinion. I have two builds posted in my own post looking for feedback and haven't gotten any. They are both pretty good, with the way I play, but I've a feeling I'm still leaving a lot of what the set has to offer out of my build, so I'm still tweaking things.