Character Swap When Entering Instance

5 minutes ago, Barrow Von Rotten said:

Hello,

Whenever I enter the Hellion's hideout for the mission "Look for evidence about the Hellion's next move" I turn into another character and cannot use any of my powers.

You turn into a Succubus.  This is the disguise mentioned in the quest text. This is intended and normal, and is not a bug.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

10 minutes ago, Barrow Von Rotten said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/YplrPOK

This is a video clip to better show what I'm talking about. 

Male characters turn into Hellions with Hellion-based attacks as you can see down on your 1st powers bar. You have to fight several other Hellions in a ritual combat, then the PPD should show up in a raid at the end. You must escape, I believe the door is to the south. Explore the hallways before you go into the middle room for the fight.

Nevermind, wrong mission. I believe this id an earlier mission in AP. I do not believe there is any combat in this one, you are just infiltrating a Hellion hideout to find something.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

6 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Male characters turn into Hellions with Hellion-based attacks as you can see down on your 1st powers bar. You have to fight several other Hellions in a ritual combat, then the PPD should show up in a raid at the end. You must escape, I believe the door is to the south. Explore the hallways before you go into the middle room for the fight.

Thanks! So, the power bar is showing the powers I typically use. However, they are all greyed out and I cannot use them, even when highlighting an enemy and they attack me. I ran into a similar bug earlier, where upon entering the very 1st instance you get to in Atlas City, I kept my costume, but all of my powers were greyed out and I couldn't use them. Relogging fixed it. But, it wont work this time.

I've tried opening and selecting other powers, but they are all greyed out.

EDIT EDIT: I figured it out, thanks everyone!

Edited by Barrow Von Rotten

Working as designed.  You are to wear a disguise, infiltrate the base, click an object and get out. No powers permitted.  Treat like an errand mission.  

There are a few of these missions in newer arcs. 

Edited by starro

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

11 minutes ago, starro said:

Working as designed.  You are to wear a disguise, infiltrate the base, click an object and get out. No powers permitted.  Treat like an errand mission.  

There are a few of these missions in newer arcs. 

Thank you so much! I I started the mission last night, but didn't try entering until this morning. I completely forgot about the disguise part. I clearly need more coffee! I appreciate you all taking the time to help me out.

Have a wonderful day!!

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Oh, yeah.  I always play women, so I always appear as a "Girlfriend from Hell" in that mission.  I totally forgot about, you know, playing dudes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.