Confused in MoM

Snarky

No, I am not confused about my Mom.  No, I am not confused about the MoM incarnate trial. I have done it about a hundred times. I need it about 10-15 more timed for Dreamkiller badge on my new main.  

Last night on a badge run hosted by Oklahoman someone in the I-trial kept getting confused.  (The power) although maybe about life in general.  They were evidently melee and taunted me.  Happened at least 4 times. Never happened before in this trial.  So bad it started to feel like intentional griefing.  

Anybody know what is up?

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

There was a lack of AoE mez protection.  Specifically, Tactics and Clarion Destiny.  The common advanced modes strategies have gotten players into a bad habit of taking Barrier Destiny and only Barrier Destiny, and the player base overall underrates AoE mez protection.  That can create a lethal combination for some Incarnate trials, especially Minds of Mayhem.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1

I haven't been on a Minds of Mayhem in a while, but it is the AoE Mezz that causes grief. When I see myself Taunted, or the League taking a lot more AOE damage, often that is the sign one or more players have gotten confused.

• Like 1

There are some tanks out there that for some reason taunt on cooldown, and just..... never stop. I've had the same thing happen to me in a MoM a while back, these also tend to be the types to slot taunt for duration which makes it even worse. Never understood this, since if you are in melee your taunt aura and punchvoke takes care of it, and if anyone is able to generate as much aggro as you they are likely as well equipped to tank the boss, spamming taunt on a enemy you are attacking is just waste time, or in this case worse. The few times I've seen this happen we tried to tell them to stop, and they didn't, i doubt anything malicious I just don't think they were paying any attention.

The worst I've see was someone got confused at the final boss and hit Shalice with a tier 4 rebirth, giving her absurd regen.... yeah we lost XD

Edited by Riot Siren
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

Don't forget the players who have Taunt components to their auras. It is somewhat important for players to monitor their own status so the can physically move away if the fall victim to the Confuse.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

There was a lack of AoE mez protection.  Specifically, Tactics and Clarion Destiny.  The common advanced modes strategies have gotten players into a bad habit of taking Barrier Destiny and only Barrier Destiny, and the player base overall underrates AoE mez protection.  That can create a lethal combination for some Incarnate trials, especially Minds of Mayhem.

Agreed.  The confuse protection tactics gives is often the reason I take it just as much if not moreso than for its +tohit.

Steamy mist also works and is an underrated part of that power too.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

Agreed.  The confuse protection tactics gives is often the reason I take it just as much if not moreso than for its +tohit.

Steamy mist also works and is an underrated part of that power too.

on my respec for the new version i will respec into leadership pool.  there are two powers i could drop and not even notice and my end bar has never been an issue.  

2 hours ago, Riot Siren said:

taunt aura and punchvoke takes care of it

Nope, not always. As a Tank it is sometimes necessary to pull a Foe off of a teammate or teammates who are being attacked outside Melee, it is part of the job. That's what the Taunt Power is for, and I enhance for range and duration. In general people don't believe they need an aggro magnet in this game anymore, until they do, lol. In a situation where the enemy has Taunt/Confuse Components you just have to verify your targets constantly. I remember a sad lesson on a team in Warburg on Live....

Edited by Marine X
  • Thumbs Up 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

55 minutes ago, Marine X said:

Nope, not always. As a Tank it is sometimes necessary to pull a Foe off of a teammate or teammates who are being attacked outside Melee, it is part of the job. That's what the Taunt Power is for, and I enhance for range and duration. In general people don't believe they need an aggro magnet in this game anymore, until they do, lol. In a situation where the enemy has Taunt/Confuse Components you just have to verify your targets constantly. I remember a sad lesson on a team in Warburg on Live....

Oh I know, I wasn't referring to those uses, taunt is a plenty useful power. I was referring to people taunting enemies already in melee with them, specifically like a AV in this case. They continue this regardless of whats going on in the fight, as if it's just another attack.

Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker                                                 Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker 

I've been know for doing that verses Giant Monsters/ Arch Villains, I'll get behind them and taunt to keep them facing away from the team, that way cones and AoEs are mostly coming my way, not the teams. It's difficult if there is a scrapper, brute or another tank pulling aggro, hence the need to occasionally Taunt, but if you can keep the enemies attention, it makes everything easier.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

16 hours ago, Riot Siren said:

Oh I know, I wasn't referring to those uses, taunt is a plenty useful power. I was referring to people taunting enemies already in melee with them, specifically like a AV in this case. They continue this regardless of whats going on in the fight, as if it's just another attack.

I'll repeat: Many melee characters have Taunt as part of an aura, and those auras rarely get detoggled. Generally it is a good idea for a Tanker/Brute to get in the habit of casting actual Taunt powers as well, for a variety of reasons.

There is no reason to be upset and suggest micro-managing of Tanks/Brutes playstyles, especially when the problem as described here (confused players targeting leaguemates) isn't unique to Tankers/Brutes.