Serpent Drummer mission objective portals spawning infinite bosses & LTs.

Seroster01

Title summarizes the fundamentals. Serpent Drummer has a mission (I believe it's the 4th in the chain) called "Defend Portal Corporation". Prior to the patch the portals were simply decorative mission objectives, not spawning anything & simply existing to be destroyed. Post patch they appear to be continually spawning Boss & LT level Rikti before I even see them, resulting in packs of 20+ bosses by the time I make it to any portal after the first, who subsequently insta-gib me, and I mean that literally. Engage>Dead, before I can even register my HP going down. As I lay there dead watching the portal it summoned probably 5-10 MORE boss Rikti over the course of a couple of minutes. It might be due to my difficulty scale (+1x8), but it's a mission I've solo'd on this setting dozens of times across my characters & if this is intentional it seems completely unnecessary & renders what was previously a solid mission basically un-completable. Spawning bosses after the portals are engaged might be ok, but if they're going to continually spawn things before we encounter them they should be minions & LTs. 

Screenshot (91).png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Moose 1

I can confirm it is only partially your settings. Just did that mission at -1/x0 (so actually -1/x1). And the very first portal spawned a Chief Soldier, a Chief Mesmerist, a Guardian, and a Headman Gunman. And that portal was at the entrance to the mission. So as soon as I entered, I saw the four of them pop out of the portal. Yeah, this change makes this mission pretty much not able to be completed for many characters/builds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Came here to post about this. I just ran this on my stalker. I was at +0/+0 and I experienced this for all 7 portals. Outside they were orange and inside, red. I tabbed 74 times before the portal showed up again. Also unengaged before looking like this. Even with a sniper shot and Elude running, was insta-debt.

screenshot_240225-16-35-03.jpg

I just realized what this mission now reminds me of. (Please don't ask me what took me so long to come to this realization.) The assault portals in this mission are now acting like the Rikti portals in the mission where you fight Hero 1/The Honoree in the 'Retrieve the stolen incarnate container' mission Mender Ramiel's incarnate promotion arc. The mission where if you don't find and destroy the Rikti portals fast enough, you need to reload the mission for having spawned a sea of Rikti filling the map. However, unlike that mission, these portals start spawning before you even get anywhere near them and they spawn two bosses each time even at minimum settings every time they trigger more Rikti, which is a guaranteed suicide mission.

• 2 months later

Just tried this as a 41 Stalker at +3/x0, and I had to skip it because it insta killed me several times.  The groups were massive/ridiculous, and I'd previously been beating +3/x0 without ever coming close to death, often staying above 90% for each other mission (including all the ones earlier in this chain).  Something seems very off with the sudden spike in difficulty on this.

• 5 weeks later