Storm Blast slotting question

Dolla

7 hours ago, Dolla said:

What is peoples opinion on the best IO sets for Storm Cell and Category Five??

Any set that has no damage procs. Not that slotting damage procs is bad, it just won't activate them.

But lets say you have a good set that gives good bonuses but has no damage procs, so it's a damage loss to slot it? Off to Cat 5 and Storm Cell.

Example: Artillery. Ranged defense is good but without damage procs it's annoying to slot it fully.

• Thumbs Up 1

I slotted storm cell with some damage procs for a hot minute to see what would happen. The procs don't trigger when you place it, but they do trigger when other powers proc storm cell's effects. It was not very reliable and fired off rarely, so I relegated the power to be either a set bonus mule or frankenslot mule.

The one proc that does activate consistently is the force feedback +rech proc, I highly recommend slotting at least that in storm cell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Thanx for the replies, the force feedback proc is what was/is confusing me. I slotted it and noticed it was consistent enough to keep it. But I heard procs dont work in these 2 powers.

Since it's damage procs don't work but Force Feedback does I wonder if Overwhelming Force knockdown proc would?  Overwhelming set bonuses are good for my build to.

Oh and Ragnarok has a knockdown proc too,hmm

The FF proc actually gives the recharge? I say this because it's a pseudo pet doing the thing, so the FF proc SHOULD go to to the pet instead of us.

Or are we talking of something like Bonfire where it activates once when it is cast? That's how it worked with Bonfire, but while nice I'm not sure a one time FF proc is worth the slot.

• Thumbs Up 1

2024-02-25 10:49:21 You activated the Storm Cell power.
2024-02-25 10:49:22 Your attack rate has been increased.
2024-02-25 10:49:22 HIT Storm Blaster1 Your Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge power is autohit.
2024-02-25 10:49:22 Storm Blaster1 HITS you! Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge power was autohit.

This is how it shows in chatlog.

The knockdown procs I slotted don't seem to work either tho.

3 minutes ago, Dolla said:

This is how it shows in chatlog.

The knockdown procs I slotted don't seem to work either tho.

That's the activation time. Makes sense since it's how Bonfire works. I just got tripped by the 'consistent' and assumed in my head it kept on proccing for the duration of Cat 5.