Best 4 power pools for the stalking

Cpt. Caveat

Many of the power pools are new to me like experimentation, sorcery, willpower, etc. and I know little about them. 

Typically I think Leaping, Super speed, fighting, and leadership.
 But I see these final click powers and I question if their usefulness might be more than say combat jumping or maybe even leadership pool.

I look at the recharge from things like experimentation or some of the defense buffs powers but I don’t really know if they are worth it.

Sometimes sorcery for a build that could really benefit from rotating rune with another defensive steroid. Bonus points is flying is in theme.

Force of will for much the same reason, though it requires more investment. Unleash potential is outstanding if you have some slot and power flexibility to give it love. 

If my concept involves flying, I'll definitely grab hover for in combat movement and extra defense. Extra bonus that the pool has another lotg mule if needed.

I don't think the steroid in experimentation is worth it. This is better if you have a character that will benefit from the attacks as well, which won't be a stalker. Otherwise the power investment to get there is questionable. 

Sadly I’m much more a teleport theme and while combat tp is tons of fun there is no steroid to speak of. 

In terms of leadership, tactics will add to hit but I thought it gave Tohit debuff resistance too, but maybe not as I don’t see it on the tool tip. 

I also saw presence has a steroid that notes that the force of will steroid crash can be mitigated.  
Is this for any crash (like overloaded) or just force of will one. 

Concealment. The only power pool that provides 3 powers that can utilize LoTG.

I only use Leaping for CJ. It’s a great power but mostly a waste of a PP selection. I almost always take CJ unless I take Flight. The other powers, not so much.

Flight. Provides 2 powers that can utilize LoTG. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Groovy_Ghoul said:

Concealment. The only power pool that provides 3 powers that can utilize LoTG.

I only use Leaping for CJ. It’s a great power but mostly a waste of a PP selection. I almost always take CJ unless I take Flight. The other powers, not so much.

Flight. Provides 2 powers that can utilize LoTG. 

So still getting my sea legs back here but I’m blanking on what LoTG stands for. 

28 minutes ago, Cpt. Caveat said:

So still getting my sea legs back here but I’m blanking on what LoTG stands for. 

Luck of the Gambler is a Defense enhancement set which has a global Invention Origin (IO) piece that grants +7.5% to Recharge Rate - & up to 5 of these pieces can be used on one character, as long as they have 5 different powers that take Defense enhancement sets.  Slotting 5 of these IOs is a 37.5% increase to Recharge.  Many players plot their builds in order to be able to do this.  The Concealment power pool has 3 powers that can take Defense sets, as @Groovy_Ghoul noted above.

Edited by Mister Mass
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

• 3 weeks later
On 2/28/2024 at 8:03 PM, Cpt. Caveat said:

Sadly I’m much more a teleport theme and while combat tp is tons of fun there is no steroid to speak of. 

The experimentation set has a teleport power, Jaunt, which comes together with Speed of Sound.

I do not think experimentation is a good power pool for most characters. But I wanted to have at least one character using it. I also wanted to try a DB/Ninjitsu stalker.

So I rolled one with the experimentation set. I have only started leveling it, but I tried it at 50 on the test server. It is performing well enough.

For this character, there are few wasted powers in experimentation:

- Experimental injection is not useful, but at least it can mule a +Absorb proc, which frees a slot elsewhere.

- Toxic dart and corrosive vial provide ranged damage. 

- Speed of Sound provides super-speed  and teleport.

- Adrenal booster is a steroid.