Defend Portal Corp Mission from Serpent Drummer: Portals Spawning Infinite Mobs

Marshall

This mission is broken. the portals that I need to destroy are constantly spawning Rikti. They did not spawn any Rikti before Page 7 (the last update) By the time I get to the second portal mob in the landing by the elevators, there are too many waiting for me and they just keep spawning.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 172822.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Same thing, something is broken, since I heard about this bug set diff to +0x1, no help, still huge mobs of bosses and Lt.s and they begin spawning as soon as you attack the first portal.

screenshot_240304-15-15-21.thumb.jpg.e82a2aa42260c2e905eb569f6d86f08f.jpg

Without UI hard to tell but those are mostly Soldiers, Headmen and Mentalists with some guardians, there are conscripts and monkeys but way more big guys.

Hopefully this silliness wasn't intentional, lol. Just had to bail on this one.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Can confirm groups of a large number of bosses are spawning from the Assault Portals an x0 (+1) making the mobs almost impossible to defeat

Screenshot 2024-03-05 074003.png

Edited by Beta Blue
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Marine X said:

Same thing, something is broken, since I heard about this bug set diff to +0x1, no help, still huge mobs of bosses and Lt.s and they begin spawning as soon as you attack the first portal.

screenshot_240304-15-15-21.thumb.jpg.e82a2aa42260c2e905eb569f6d86f08f.jpg

Without UI hard to tell but those are mostly Soldiers, Headmen and Mentalists with some guardians, there are conscripts and monkeys but way more big guys.

Hopefully this silliness wasn't intentional, lol. Just had to bail on this one.

Incorrect. They start spawning as soon as you enter the mission. I witnessed them doing so with the very first portal.

Looks like on Beta it's no longer generating more and more mobs.  Still looks like a tough group, and another group spawns when you attack, but it doesn't add more after that. Or Maybe not.   Hmm.  First two portals were just a little tougher.  Third spawned more, but did stop adding just more and more.

Fourth was fairly normal.

I think it's still broken, but not as badly broken as we first saw it.

8 minutes ago, lemming said:

Looks like on Beta it's no longer generating more and more mobs.  Still looks like a tough group, and another group spawns when you attack, but it doesn't add more after that. Or Maybe not.   Hmm.  First two portals were just a little tougher.  Third spawned more, but did stop adding just more and more.

Fourth was fairly normal.

I think it's still broken, but not as badly broken as we first saw it.

Left my char just parked looking over a portal. Looks like it has been summoning every so often.    (So, it's been slowed, but not turned off)

15 hours ago, Rudra said:

They start spawning as soon as you enter the mission

Hadn't considered that, just assumed that the initial mob size had been increased, mission used to have a small group guarding each portal, now it's a much larger mob and mostly LT or above, and they continue to arrive. Has anyone checked to see if the outdoor portals are the same? I didn't get that far.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

8 hours ago, Marine X said:

Hadn't considered that, just assumed that the initial mob size had been increased, mission used to have a small group guarding each portal, now it's a much larger mob and mostly LT or above, and they continue to arrive. Has anyone checked to see if the outdoor portals are the same? I didn't get that far.

Not me, sorry. I couldn't even get past the 2nd portal on the map. I do know that the moment I entered the mission, I immediately saw 2 bosses, a lieutenant, and a minion pop out of the 1st portal followed soon after by another pair of bosses, lieutenant, and minion on -1/x0 (which is actually -1/x1 except that the character never had the spawn size difficulty changed so I could enjoy laughing at the x0 part.)

10 hours ago, Marine X said:

Yes, they're the same.  I did find slightly different mob compositions, but all the portals act like that.

So, easily taken care of with my maxed out Widow with a Empathy healer for support.  Only died once...

Stats, from killing everything in the building:

202 Mobs, 57 of whom were bosses, and a whole 25 that were worth a reward:

Once outside, I just killed the minimum needed and ran.  Looks like the assault portals are the only bugged ones since the portals opened by communication officers acted normal.

If everything gave XP, people would be flocking to this mission...

Same problem with Dark Watcher's Save the World mission when Hro 'Dtohz is attacked and he spawns the portal. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller