Yup...it was me

WuTang

So... I was sort of complaining about how easy a Scrapper face plants and all that. Welp...as they say a good craftsman never blames his tools. So now that I know mobs better and actually understand the importance of set IOs, my Claws/Regen is pretty unstoppable. Was able to up the mission level and team size. Popped 22 so going to respec him and swap more slots over to Regen. 

What are some good IO sets for Claws?

Thanks!

• Like 2

For leveling purpose ? look at sets like mako, crushing impact, scirocco, obliteration etc. They are cheap, and they provide decent stats. Of course, once you hit 50 you'll replace most of these sets with purp and/or ATO sets, but tbh i keep some of them even on fully incarnate 50 toons.

Mako set can be purchased/crafted for roughly 4 m influence, crushing impact even less (yes the whole set). They are better than simple IO and don't cost much more.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sechs said:

For leveling purpose ? look at sets like mako, crushing impact, scirocco, obliteration etc. They are cheap, and they provide decent stats. Of course, once you hit 50 you'll replace most of these sets with purp and/or ATO sets, but tbh i keep some of them even on fully incarnate 50 toons.

Mako set can be purchased/crafted for roughly 4 m influence, crushing impact even less (yes the whole set). They are better than simple IO and don't cost much more.

Yes, just for leveling. And thanks!

On 2/29/2024 at 1:14 PM, WuTang said:

So... I was sort of complaining about how easy a Scrapper face plants and all that. Welp...as they say a good craftsman never blames his tools. So now that I know mobs better and actually understand the importance of set IOs, my Claws/Regen is pretty unstoppable. Was able to up the mission level and team size. Popped 22 so going to respec him and swap more slots over to Regen. 

What are some good IO sets for Claws?

Thanks!

Whatever you need.

Not being facetious. Need Melee defense? Kinetic Combat. Need resistances? Touch of Death. Need more resistances? 3 Sciroco. Need more E/N defense? Three Eradication.

Slotting at random works, but it's smarter to slot for what you need. Either way your attacks get the stats.

9 hours ago, Sovera said:

Whatever you need.

Not being facetious. Need Melee defense? Kinetic Combat. Need resistances? Touch of Death. Need more resistances? 3 Sciroco. Need more E/N defense? Three Eradication.

Slotting at random works, but it's smarter to slot for what you need. Either way your attacks get the stats.

Yes I'm understanding this now. Also I was making the mistake of choosing sets that only had regen or prioritizing regen, cause you know....regen, BUT... What I've come to realize is if I resist more damage I'll have less to regen. I was also trying to stack the Power Transfer: Self Heal in several places. Now in Regeneration resist and def are limited but as you said the melee IOs have resists as well.

I'd focus on the IO sets that give you recharge first and foremost. Crushing impacts, doctored wounds, obliteration, etc...

You can manage survival with inspirations. Use IOs to patch the things you can't get from inspirations - Recharge and slow resist. The latter is more expensive but at the very least you should put a winter's gift 20% slow resist in a travel power.

• Thanks 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

1 hour ago, WuTang said:

Yes I'm understanding this now. Also I was making the mistake of choosing sets that only had regen or prioritizing regen, cause you know....regen, BUT... What I've come to realize is if I resist more damage I'll have less to regen. I was also trying to stack the Power Transfer: Self Heal in several places. Now in Regeneration resist and def are limited but as you said the melee IOs have resists as well.

This thread has insights on how to build regen. You are right, it's not passive regen that you need to focus on. It should be recharge first and foremost and a lot of slow resistance. I've seen people stack resists but usually that means cutting into recharge bonuses, so there's a balance. Also, that's the brute forum and brutes don't have access to shadow meld. For a scrapper you can address survival by having high recharge and cycle moment of glory and shadow meld to soak up alpha strikes.

You can certainly focus on defense, but again, as a scrapper you have access to shadow meld, and claws does not have powers that give you defense such as parry/divine avalanche/guarded spin that alleviates the need to dump a tremendous amount of slotting to get melee defense up high enough.

• Thanks 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nemu said:

This thread has insights on how to build regen. You are right, it's not passive regen that you need to focus on. It should be recharge first and foremost and a lot of slow resistance. I've seen people stack resists but usually that means cutting into recharge bonuses, so there's a balance. Also, that's the brute forum and brutes don't have access to shadow meld. For a scrapper you can address survival by having high recharge and cycle moment of glory and shadow meld to soak up alpha strikes.

You can certainly focus on defense, but again, as a scrapper you have access to shadow meld, and claws does not have powers that give you defense such as parry/divine avalanche/guarded spin that alleviates the need to dump a tremendous amount of slotting to get melee defense up high enough.

I just built an Ele/Ele Scrapper and am now realizing how nice it is having good slow resist. I'll definitely take that advice! Also Ele/Ele has really good built in recharge, another thing I thought was good but is actually a pretty big deal. But then I wouldn't have thought to stack it for Claws/Regen cause claws is so fast already. Thank you

Edited by WuTang
  • Like 1